• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Totally lost

MartinD

Hi, I hold a number of Dash (I hope) and attempted to switch to wallet 12.1 today. I backed up my original wallet, deleted same and then downloaded the latest version. Attempted to reload dash but it is showing a zero balance. Not super tech savvy but can usually follow instructions. When I open the wallet it is showing out of sync and no block source available and then it starts syncing governance stuff etc. Can't seem to work out what to do.

Thanks

Matin

https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Updating+to+12.1+-+Users

v.0.12.1 normally needs both a -reindex and some extra steps as the installation directory has changed from dash into DashCore

This means you can close your wallet. Wait a few minutes and then copy the wallet.dat from your dash folder (C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming) into your dashcore
folder (DashCore), make some backups of that wallet.dat before moving it to be on the safe side . If your wallet downloaded the whole blockchain on the DashCore folder,
it will most likely not need the re-index but perhaps a -rescan could be usefull (do a -reindex if your balance does not show up after the -rescan)

Last edited:
Back