• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

To Be Deleted **Until Release**

Would you support this proposal if it was submitted

• Yes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Yes, with some changes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting proposal, i will follow the comments with interest.

Here is some information to think about : as you are asking 2200 Dash from the Dash network, which by all means is a considerable amount of Dash, you basicly have two options once enforcement is on
and new budget proposals can be entered in our system :

To enter into a v0.12.1 contract with Dash over a defined period of time (lets say six months, cutting the amount to 366,67 per month, which will make it less a burden on our budget system).
Side-effect is that the treshold for contracts under v0.12.1 are higher then 10%, which means you will need more yes voters to get your budget contract passed.

To enter a series of one-month budget proposals that will also cut down on the 2200 Dash total amount, but still have the advantage of having to reach just 10% treshold.
I have a feeling that asking 2200 Dash as a total budget proposal amount in just one month / one superblock will be difficult to sell to the masternode owners.

Another way to approach this is to focus on setting up just one masternode first, MN interest going to the Dash Foundation. This could cut your requested budget proposal amount considerably,
if the budget proposal amount of 2200 Dash turns out to form a problem for masternode owners.

Last edited:
I'm all about donating to and helping out, especially when it means more charities will accept DASH. But I am having some trouble breaking down all this information into what you will use the DASH for, help me out.

Our objective is work towards a total of $10,000 to each charity within the next 2 Years

The end goal seems to be 3+ charities 10k each plus fund the development of your X11 pool? Could this be broken out into separate proposals

We would like to officially partner with the Dash Foundation and have master nodes play a role in charity selection etc...(and more) - We would like to also offer Board seats to Dash and help improve those in need.

Cryptofoundation is seeking ownership of one/two Masternodes that will sit within the cryptopool.io network, this will enable us to have a vote in the near future.

Additionally you seek to partner with the foundation and offer a board seat can you explain this a little more? Is there some information coming on the website maybe?

This is what i'm getting from their budget proposal so far (please correct me if i'm wrong) :

It seems they want to get one or two masternodes running to get a vote in our system and to use it as charity selectable tool.

They offer official partnership with Dash, and use Dash as their primary currency for donations, they have worked with a number of Australian charities that are happy to implement Dash
as an accepted donation method.

They have several charity programs running that Dash would indirectly (?) support then. They are also offering Board seats for Dash.

Can you post a video introducing your team members, and maybe give a tour of your offices? Could you post the Foundation statute?
One of the major metrics when evaluating charities is overhead costs. What is the expected running cost of maintaining the foundation? How would this money be spent?

Let me get this straight: You want our Treasury to give you over 50,000 USD just like that. For charity. With zero added value to the technology/network of Dash. What you offer is "partnership" without additional details.

We're building digital cash and need all the resources we can get to improve our technology. What exactly do you want to achieve for us?

This is not a rational proposal. This is very brazen panhandling.

A few questions -- What is your pool's current total hashrate and is there a way to verify this? How long have you been in operation with cryptopool.io and cryptofoundation.io? How much has the cryptofoundation already donated to charity and have there been any press releases about it?

Although I am not opposed to charity, to be honest I don't really see tangible benefits to this proposal at this point. The price tag is over 25% of the entire monthly budget and I'm not quite sure that the proposal owner has a sufficiently established reputation.

Let me get this straight: You want our Treasury to give you over 50,000 USD just like that. For charity. With zero added value to the technology/network of Dash. What you offer is "partnership" without additional details.

We're building digital cash and need all the resources we can get to improve our technology. What exactly do you want to achieve for us?

I would tend to agree with this. I see little to no benefits to the network here, except for a tiny bit of "feel-good" advertising. I'm all for charities, but $50,000 (even 25,000!) is a non-starter for me.

Let me fix this proposal for you:

Budget Breakdown (* is optional)

7,50 Dash - (Expected Monthly rewards from Masternode1) - Goes directly to the Foundation Fund
7,50 Dash* - (Expected Monthly rewards from Masternode2) - Goes to offsetting development / Running costs and marketing Dash

Total = 15 Dash / mo

I've previously tried working with Starlight Children’s Foundation and found them very choosey who they work with. I'd like to see a letter that confirms their interest. Are they fully aware of dash's involvement? Thanks.

It seems like asking for money to make money so a portion of that money can go to charity and the rest stays with the guy who was clever enough to ask for it.

I'm all for charity; when it encourages people to better themselves. Handouts and Free Stuff only encourage more handouts and free stuff. Followed by riots when those handouts and free stuff stop.

That said, I'm with @Macrochip

DASH is carrying a huge burden of pork, it really can't afford to just toss free money at what may well be a fake charity that gives no value in return or tangible assurance that this isn't just another tug on the heartstrings scam.

Interesting proposal, i will follow the comments with interest.

Here is some information to think about : as you are asking 2200 Dash from the Dash network, which by all means is a considerable amount of Dash, you basicly have two options once enforcement is on
and new budget proposals can be entered in our system :

To enter into a v0.12.1 contract with Dash over a defined period of time (lets say six months, cutting the amount to 366,67 per month, which will make it less a burden on our budget system).
Side-effect is that the treshold for contracts under v0.12.1 are higher then 10%, which means you will need more yes voters to get your budget contract passed.

To enter a series of one-month budget proposals that will also cut down on the 2200 Dash total amount, but still have the advantage of having to reach just 10% treshold.
I have a feeling that asking 2200 Dash as a total budget proposal amount in just one month / one superblock will be difficult to sell to the masternode owners.

Another way to approach this is to focus on setting up just one masternode first, MN interest going to the Dash Foundation. This could cut your requested budget proposal amount considerably,
if the budget proposal amount of 2200 Dash turns out to form a problem for masternode owners.

Thank you for taking the time to read the proposal and replying.

Flare did recommend that we would spread this over a few budget cycles. Within the budget breakdown i did list the other 1200 Dash as optional.

Again thank you for the time and feedback

I'm all about donating to and helping out, especially when it means more charities will accept DASH. But I am having some trouble breaking down all this information into what you will use the DASH for, help me out.

The end goal seems to be 3+ charities 10k each plus fund the development of your X11 pool? Could this be broken out into separate proposals

Additionally you seek to partner with the foundation and offer a board seat can you explain this a little more? Is there some information coming on the website maybe?

Thank you for reading the proposal and taking the time to respond

To answer your question, the dash will be donated directly to each charity, Each charity will have the ability to receive Dash. Then it will be up to the charity and the accountants to either convert the dash to fiat. Depending on how large scale this ends up going and with the help of the Dash Foundation we could look and together build a deeper implementation system.

the end goal TOTAL is correct, But the number of charities we will have is still increasing. Those are the charities that we decided to support within Australia and after speaking with them on Crypto specific donations they were all happy to implement any system required to accept it. Ideally we would like a total of 12 charities so we can have one for each month. We did not want to commit to any more until we decided on the structure of the Trustee / Board size.

We would offer a number of board seats to the Dash Foundation, This will essentially give control to Dash over how funds are spent, which charities we support etc.... This proposal is not just asking for 2000+ Dash and a trust us, it is much more

This is what i'm getting from their budget proposal so far (please correct me if i'm wrong) :

It seems they want to get one or two masternodes running to get a vote in our system and to use it as charity selectable tool.

They offer official partnership with Dash, and use Dash as their primary currency for donations, they have worked with a number of Australian charities that are happy to implement Dash
as an accepted donation method.

They have several charity programs running that Dash would indirectly (?) support then. They are also offering Board seats for Dash.

Thank you for the time for reading the proposal

You have hit the nail on the head

Can you post a video introducing your team members, and maybe give a tour of your offices? Could you post the Foundation statute?
One of the major metrics when evaluating charities is overhead costs. What is the expected running cost of maintaining the foundation? How would this money be spent?

Thanks for reading the proposal

As this is a new venture for us, things are still in the process of being put into place. - We would not have official offices as we are located all over the world, Colorado, Oklahoma Western Australia. I do understand your concern and I thank you for pointing them out. - Since we will not have offices and operate primarily online we will have little to no overheads. the primary overheads that "Normal" charities/foundations have are below

-Employee Salaries
-Volunteer Expenses
-Advertising costs
-Rent, Bills
-Regulatory Costs
-Equipment & its upkeep
-Office Equipment
-Staff / Volunteer training

with our current model which we plan to be based online our overheads are much lower. - the only costs we would incur is Advertising & Regulatory/License fees which are yet to be determined. - Our Board members will be volunteering there time so no salaries are to be paid, and the over all operation is much smaller.

Also keep in mind, this is a well put sentace taken from the ACN.gov.au website.

Low administration costs alone do not necessarily indicate an effective or well-run charity. Similarly, higher administration costs do not necessarily indicate that a charity is ineffective or poorly-run. There are inefficient charities with poor outcomes that report low administration costs, and there are charities that spend more on administration and have efficient programs and successful outcomes. In deciding which charities to support, you should look at the work that charities do and the impact that they have.

sorry i did forget, more infomation will be added depending on the direction

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to our proposal

I do understand your concerns and i would see it the exact same way if i was in the same situation, more so since we have little to no reputation or activity within the Dash community. - Yes we would not be adding any technology to Dash, But we will be adding so much more i believe. - as per our original post we did state this was still an early venture. - Additional details can and will be added as required and as they come up within the proposal so we can all come to some kind of level ground.

Regardless of Dash being involved or not, our pool will be donating towards the foundation and we will seek others who would be interested. But Dash being a superior currency King in my mind this was our first port of call.

I would like the foundation to add value to Dash in the means of helping those in need which no other digital currency does, We will not be able to improve the Technology as such, unless we dive deeper into charity integration with Dash which we did not plan for anytime soon.

A few questions -- What is your pool's current total hashrate and is there a way to verify this? How long have you been in operation with cryptopool.io and cryptofoundation.io? How much has the cryptofoundation already donated to charity and have there been any press releases about it?

Although I am not opposed to charity, to be honest I don't really see tangible benefits to this proposal at this point. The price tag is over 25% of the entire monthly budget and I'm not quite sure that the proposal owner has a sufficiently established reputation.

Our pool is still in development and being ported over to our production stack as we speak, We have a steady hash rate of 18,000 MHS with our X11 Farm based in Australia. - I can verify it within two weeks as our order arrives (Miners) this week. the farm will be public on our pool. - Cryptofoundation has yet to donate as our pool is not in production / public yet so we have had little to no fees besides our test hash. - We are talking with the coin telegraph, and newsbtc on a press release when the time comes. - As I stated this is still in the early stages and all of this feedback is very useful. - Our plan was once all of the legal structure is in place and the outcome of this proposal was done then we would arrange a press release. otherwise if this proposal fails then we would still proceed. - We did not want to release a press release with the Pools still in BETA and the foundation still be formed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back