• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Thoughts on Anoncoin?

The way I see it, Darkcoin's core strength is the anonymity it will offer. Its ASIC-resistance, relative friendliness to CPU miners (i.e. new users), and stability are also appealing, but may not be as attention-grabbing. Anonymity could make DRK truly disruptive.

There are a variety of other projects that might challenge DRK. Zerocash is currently vapourware although may appear in April/May. Darkwallet likewise had a splashy fundraising campaign but hasn't really been heard from since. Anoncoin, however, does seem to be under active development and could potentially challenge DRK. I'm not too familiar with this coin, however, and was wondering what other people's thoughts are regarding its progress and chances of success.

The way I see it, Darkcoin's core strength is the anonymity it will offer. Its ASIC-resistance, relative friendliness to CPU miners (i.e. new users), and stability are also appealing, but may not be as attention-grabbing. Anonymity could make DRK truly disruptive.

There are a variety of other projects that might challenge DRK. Zerocash is currently vapourware although may appear in April/May. Darkwallet likewise had a splashy fundraising campaign but hasn't really been heard from since. Anoncoin, however, does seem to be under active development and could potentially challenge DRK. I'm not too familiar with this coin, however, and was wondering what other people's thoughts are regarding its progress and chances of success.

As far as I understand it anoncoin just runs through i2p so you're ip is hidden but everything is still traceable through the blockchain. Using i2p seems like it'd be a good idea for DRK too in conjunction with coinjoin but i2p by itself doesn't seem too helpful in my opinion.

As far as I understand it anoncoin just runs through i2p so you're ip is hidden but everything is still traceable through the blockchain. Using i2p seems like it'd be a good idea for DRK too in conjunction with coinjoin but i2p by itself doesn't seem too helpful in my opinion.

Ok that clarifies things a bit. My understanding is that they are aiming to introduce the zerocoin/zerocash protocol at some point correct? Does this theoretically address that issue (notwithstanding the issues of using an untested blackbox cryptography technique)?

Back