• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The worst messenger ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robinst

Guys, I'm done! I can't take it anymore..

I used Telegram messenger for a long time and was very pleased with it. It's user-friendly, has funny stickerpacks and secret chats are something that was really needed. But..

One day I became nervous when I mentioned that some messages dissapeared from one of my secret chats. I googled the problem and found nothing similar. I've read the news that Telegram privacy is not so good and that developers can have an access to all messages except secret chats. So I relaxed and came to a thought that it's just a bug or something.

But then I received an email from an unknown person where I found screenshots of my secret chat! There's really confidential information and now I'm in trouble.. I may have problems on my work if this guy will pass it further!

After that I found an article where a guy explains how to steal an access to Telegram secret chat. And I can tell you that it's quite simple..

I just want to warn you about that fact. Don't send any personal information using Telegram EVEN in secret chats - your information may be stolen.

Now I'm thinking which app should I use in order to be really safe..
Any ideas?

I'm sorry. How did this person know your mail? I understand that there was hacking a specific account. I'm right?
I recently got into a similar situation and thought about it for a long time.
I talked in Telegram with my friend and we discussed confidential topics. I received messages of a similar nature in other messengers and social networks from unknown people. I thought it was a coincidence. I don't think so after your information. What do you think to do next?

Now it's too late to do something.. If your messages were already stolen then that's it.
All we can do is not to write anything serious in Telegram anymore or delete this fckn app and find something more secure.

Horrible! but I also think that you are just unlucky, because telegrams are one of the best and most secure messengers. What do you think happened?

I wouldn't say that Telegram is the worst messenger.
If to say about security I will point Whatsapp and Facebook messenger as the most unsecured ones.
And if talk about really worst one I hate Facebook messenger as it's separate from Facebook profile and you need to switch on between which is really annoying.
Telegram has a great user interface unlike Facebook messenger.
So make sure you've got not the worst case.
Sorry, but what can be worse than this? When something that promised to be totally safe behaves like that?
And what if I would send my passport scan? Or photo of my credit card?
Developers should be honest with people and if such things happen they have to work on their privacy.

How can i remove it? What to use to communicate with friends?
You can choose between other messengers that are meant to be more secure. I mean e-Chat, Adamant, Dust and others.
As for me I'm also choosing now as I don't want to get in such situation again.

Of course we can choose. We can try and make a choice. Information leakage may be later. As it was with Telegram. What do you think about that?
That's the point that makes me nervous most of all.. We can't know for sure if it will be forever good or not.
The only point that makes me believe in it is that new messengers use blockchain and E2E encryption.. It sounds private enough, but I'm not really sure.
For now everyone are happy with it but what will come next?
Anyway Telegram has to be replaced by something else.

I think the same. Encryption sounds safe. And what will happen next?
Any puzzle finds a solution. I want to reduce the transmission of information through the network. I like the idea of Dust messenger will give. It deletes all messages within 24 hours. How do you like this?
I don't really like it for some reason. Moreover so many messengers shout about their privacy these days that I can hardly believe in anything.
So you use Dust?

No, I don't use Dust. I conducted a study and noted the advantages of each messenger. Dust interested me in this. How can you steal data that is not?
I don't know the exact processes.. I mean how can we know that data was really erased not only from phone, but from a server also..
Does it have an open source code?

You're right. I didn't find the server information. It have an open source code. I know that you can't even make a screenshot. Save information fails.
We have to believe in something at least. So many people are afraid of using something new and probably good that they continue using Telegram, Facebook Messenger, Skype and complain about its instability :)

We must choose what to believe)) I don't know which is better at the moment. Old messengers need to forget.
I advice you to try something based on blockchain and what uses E2E encryption. I don't know what may be safer.

First of all - provide us with a proof!
How did this person reached your email?
If you know him in real life (colleague, maybe)< than he probably know your password or smth else. Anyway provide some proofs, please.

Last edited:
I don't believe you. Like it or not, telegram today is the most secure and popular messenger.
Also in TG impossible to write someone your verification code because messenger will not allow you to do this, so technically Telegram read all your messages.

I wouldn't say that Telegram is the worst messenger.
If to say about security I will point Whatsapp and Facebook messenger as the most unsecured ones.
And if talk about really worst one I hate Facebook messenger as it's separate from Facebook profile and you need to switch on between which is really annoying.
Telegram has a great user interface unlike Facebook messenger.
So make sure you've got not the worst case.
Totally agree about Facebook, it's the worst for me.
If you need group voice chats discord is the best! And it is safe!

I have been in the same situation but can't find a solution. Kidnly if anyone find any kind of soultion that can help please post it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back