• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The stupidity of those who claim that by lowering the proposal fee spam will occur.

vazaki3

Some stupid claim/believe that when lowering the proposal fee spam proposals occur.

Lets do some science.

Dash is alive since 2014. If the claim of the stupid is correct, then when the price falls the proposals will be more and we will see new ones, and when the price rises the proposals will be fewer.

Now that the price of dash fall at 50$, why no new proposals appear into the budget?
Can you explain that stupid?
Stop claiming/believing, you stupid!
Start knowing!

I agree, $50 is still a mighty expensive spam filter, it was all FUD from those that want to hold Dash back.

I think lowering the proposal fee these days will do absolutely nothing to our budget system.
I believe there will be no increase in number of budget proposals after the 1 dash proposal fee gets implemented on Mainnet (whenever that will be).
There was a time i thought differently, but with the current bear market, low number of Dash transactions (despite all the Dash Direct promotion) and seing how unfamiliar small crypto investors in general are with Dash, i have changed my mind.

I believe the 5 dash proposal fee was never the issue, i believe a severe lack of Dash marketing has made people unfamiliar with Dash and its developments over the years. Changing the proposal fee will not magically fix this issue and will not suddenly drive people to Dash or to Dash budget system.
Dash has no problem promoting itself in its own ecosystem, but seems to struggle to reach those users that recentely (last couple of years) got interested in crypto.

I also believe we have a neglected problem with voting participation on budget proposals, which seems only to deteriate.
Having only 708 votes on important budget proposals like 'DCG Platform Code Security Audit Apr May' is not a good level of voting participation.
See : https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DCG-platform-audit

Adjusting proposal fee : Non-issue, solves nothing
Neglecting Dash Marketing and Voting Participation among MNO's : Major issues with possible major ramifications for Dash in the long term, when left neglected

Last edited:
I think lowering the proposal fee these days will do absolutely nothing to our budget system.
I believe there will be no increase in number of budget proposals after the 1 dash proposal fee gets implemented on Mainnet (whenever that will be).

Well it's good you no longer believe the amount of spam will increase. So, now the worst that will happen is nothing. Yep, I'd agree with that, but having spoken to other community members there is interest in doing more things in the DAO, for example moving over the DTP and DIF elections into the DAO (to make it more fair). So, I do think we will see more activity there.

Well it's good you no longer believe the amount of spam will increase. So, now the worst that will happen is nothing. Yep, I'd agree with that, but having spoken to other community members there is interest in doing more things in the DAO, for example moving over the DTP and DIF elections into the DAO (to make it more fair). So, I do think we will see more activity there.

Moving over DTP and DIF elections to the Treasury would allow candidates to ask for a Dash salary for a set period, we need to start paying our staff if
we want positive results.

I thought the proposal fee reduction was ment for those smalltime crypto investors, who can't afford the 5 dash proposal fee to launch their own budget proposal. Entities like the DIF and the DTP already have an operational budget, have no problem with the current 5 dash proposal fee in order to launch their own budget proposals / decision proposals and should in my view allocate salaries from within their operational budget. Also i heard that being a DTP member does not involve a whole lot of work (i think i read that from Amanda B Johnson), so why pay salaries to DTP members when there is little actual involvement required ?

The whole moving the DTP and DIF elections into the DAO and possibly voting on their performance (another point of discussion) does not really seem to fit in our current DAO. We either need to fund elected representatives for a whole year (12 dash at minimum per candidate) to allow MNO's to vote on their performance, throughout their elected representation time (1 year) or use one-time funding requests, which does not allow MNO's to vote on the performance of elected candidates after that one month (one-time budget proposals are not visible anymore in Dash Central after that one month). Funding DTP members with 12 dash each (x5 ?) per year minimum for 'salaries' while having little actual involvement required of DPT members, does not seem like a good way to allocate our available Dash budget.

If the lowering of the proposal fee is just being used by already familiar large Dash entities operating in the Dash ecosystem (DIF, DTP), then i don't see how lowering the proposal fee attracts new blood to Dash anyways.

Last edited:
If the lowering of the proposal fee is just being used by already familiar large Dash entities operating in the Dash ecosystem (DIF, DTP), then i don't see how lowering the proposal fee attracts new blood to Dash anyways.

No one said it would exlcusively used for that prupose, of course it is dynamic and can be used for other things, the DIF and DTP elections come to mind only because of recent events causing a discontinuation in the DTP due to poor voter turn out. We can do better.

Back