• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Rolling Thread :) (go to end for newest posts)

I must have misunderstood your point on that video, Sub-Ether?

Wow, is Niagara falls close to your house? How awesome is that?

So if nobody has seen the BCT thread, it seems the banksters have achieved a hostile takeover of Bitcoin?
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-04-30/first-blythe-masters-now-goldman-investing-bitcoin

I think Bitcoin is just a tool now. There is nobody left but us IMHO. Can we still change the world, or have they out-maneuvered us? Will people still mine it? Will they continue to run nodes, or will the banksters have to do all that now (making it less secure and more centralized? Without the people, the coin is nothing. Do they understand that? Perhaps it'll be mutual mistrust amongst bansters running miners and nodes?

Personally, I really don't want to buy and sell my DASH through bitcoin anymore. I hope someone like Coinbase will open up a fiat to DASH exchange soon.

I can hit a golf ball from my house into the falls...just kidding, but I'm like a 2 minute drive away. And yes, it's great to live here, moreso in the summer.

Fixed that for you! :grin:

Problem is, I don't think it'll ever be possible to do a decentralized fiat exchange. If you touch fiat, you have to go by their rules, keep track of people, etc... It's the law and you can't really bypass it out in the open. You'd need a license, and how could that be done as a decentralized entity? Also, how would you physically convert it? Maybe, if banksters are going to take over Bitcoin, and nobody stops people from changing their fiat into bitcoins at the bank (super ease?) Then perhaps it'll be a great gateway to getting other coins, and getting out of fiat (and it's risks, ie, devaluation). Banksters think they're going to use Bitcoin as their private transfer system, but they may find we will use them as our easy entry into crypto, never to come back into fiat ;)

Just cross posting from BCT thread:

So, with Bitcoin now firmly in the hands of the Banks and private interests (Banks have announced that they will be using Bitcoin to transfer funds internationally and to settle accounts, buying and selling to fiat immediately, like merchants, so not really adding anything to the infrastructure, just using it). Will people continue to support the network? I'm sure, as long as there is value in Bitcoin, the miners will continue to mine (as centralized as it already is) But the ~5000 nodes +_ are run by people investing their time and money into running them for the good of the network. Will they continue to support this? Are they even individuals anymore? Have the Banks been supporting Bitcoin all this time under the radar? How centralized is Bitcoin now?

This could be the death blow to an alternate, fiat free, non-manipulable world currency.
Or just the first real battle we have to win.

Bitcoin is centralized.
Bitcoin is now controlled by private parties (MIT, and probably Banks through MIT)
Bitcoin is not at all fungible. Hence, coins are colored depending on where they've been used in the past, therefore not interchangeable when places like coinbase won't accept them because they've been through a gambling site, etc...
Bitcoin is submitting itself to be regulated, mostly by the US government.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have work to do!

Just cross posting from BCT thread:

So, with Bitcoin now firmly in the hands of the Banks and private interests (Banks have announced that they will be using Bitcoin to transfer funds internationally and to settle accounts, buying and selling to fiat immediately, like merchants, so not really adding anything to the infrastructure, just using it). Will people continue to support the network? I'm sure, as long as there is value in Bitcoin, the miners will continue to mine (as centralized as it already is) But the ~5000 nodes +_ are run by people investing their time and money into running them for the good of the network. Will they continue to support this? Are they even individuals anymore? Have the Banks been supporting Bitcoin all this time under the radar? How centralized is Bitcoin now?

This could be the death blow to an alternate, fiat free, non-manipulable world currency.
Or just the first real battle we have to win.

Bitcoin is centralized.
Bitcoin is now controlled by private parties (MIT, and probably Banks through MIT)
Bitcoin is not at all fungible. Hence, coins are colored depending on where they've been used in the past, therefore not interchangeable when places like coinbase won't accept them because they've been through a gambling site, etc...
Bitcoin is submitting itself to be regulated, mostly by the US government.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have work to do!
Looks just as good here as it does on BCT...
https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/594957526510206977

You two rock too! Hee hee hee.

So, I'm antsy, I feel like the game is on! Maybe if I watch some Sherlock I'll feel more.... resolved, LOL. The banksters think they have us, by taking Bitcoin for their own nefarious uses, but all they're doing is validating Bitcoin and the power of the decentralized blockchain. Fortunately, they're using a faulty program, Bitcoin, (because they prefer to see everything that is going on) and eventually, as people see their life savings being eaten away by the government printing more and more money, people will come to us! And by then, DASH will be solid as a rock with all kinds of decentralized services :D

t5REVFM.png

http://i.imgur.com/t5REVFM.png

Eleanor left out the top tier:
The Best Minds...don't talk much at all. They're too busy creating new things and doing the stuff that others are always talking about.

Nobody gossips about the scientists and strategists who pontificated for years about making desirable electric cars a reality, but everybody talks about Elon Musk who actually did it.

I can name someone else around here who also seems to be very good at identifying a clear need, filtering good and bad ideas, and finding a way to make it a reality... :grin:

EDIT- (I seem to have degenerated myself into the "small mind" tier...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Eleanor left out the top tier:
The Best Minds...don't talk much at all. They're too busy creating new things and doing the stuff that others are always talking about.

Nobody gossips about the scientists and strategists who pontificated for years about making desirable electric cars a reality, but everybody talks about Elon Musk who actually did it.

I can name someone else around here who also seems to be very good at identifying a clear need, filtering out good and bad ideas, and finding a way to make it a reality... :grin:

EDIT- (I seem to have degenerated myself into the "small mind" tier...)
Indeed, sounds familiar :)

Can you explain please? What are new a-share accounts and SHCOMP? Ok, I see Shanghai Composit but I have no idea what it's about, but would love to understand :)

Can you explain please? What are new a-share accounts and SHCOMP? Ok, I see Shanghai Composit but I have no idea what it's about, but would love to understand :)

Chinese stock market has pumped - so attention of many investors turns to it from other assets (including crypto). But it can't last forever...

Back