• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Rolling Thread :) (go to end for newest posts)

Yup, but those trolls, ugh! I was on my husband's touchpad looking at the forum, but not logged in, and I could see those lowlife comments. Had to turn it off, LOL. The ignore function is a MUST for me! LOL

I lasted about 2 minutes and wondered why I ever even look at bitcointalk. Same crappy name calling childish rude forum I'd ever been on. I'd love for Dash to break away from having anything to do with or feel compelled to report to that troll factory.

That's really awesome! When did they do that? It looks like a lot of planning and organization went into it.

Looks like a week ago. See http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/34at1a/bitcoin_airdrop_at_mcgill_university_amazing/ and https://www.facebook.com/McGillCryptocurrencyClub for more details.

Here's a promo ad:
promo.jpg

Cinco de Mayo is coming up... we could do guerilla Dash Airdrops at public events all over the world...

My community club is going to do a charity even on 20th of June, its very small charity of a primary school, the money will go to one of the african schools ( Nyabongo School in Kenya).
Event will take place at schools summer holiday fair (or something).
So I fought to make a tshirt and maybe a banner with a DASH and involve it. To be clear, not looking for a lot of donations and there will be maybe 100-200 people. However, still exposure.
We are a small community martial art club and we will be breaking boards (details are not clare at the moment), but this event will attract pretty much everyones attention at the fair.
So I kinda would need your help guys.
1) Do you guys think its a good idea?
2) If its a good idea, i should create a wallet for the club and put it online. Also will post a link when the text is ready and details are clear, just brainstorming now.
3) Maybe should put a banner or stand saying something "DASH - new age currency. Community donated xx DASH (yy£). More information about financial freedom at dashpay.io" or something.
4) The last thing, will have to send this money to Nyabongo School in Kenya. Now, whats the best idead with collecting donations. Maybe some escrow that could go straight to school. Guys probably dont have internet there...? Or maybe convert this money to £ and send with the rest of donations, but this kinda looses a purpose of DASH. Or perhaps load into a phone and send it to the guys, but then again - they may not have internet and wont be able to use it.
5) I dont expect to collect enough DASH so we could open a MN for the school and they would get a constant monthly income of money, this would be cool. Although this could be cool as we could put on a website on a charity events. So in this case some trusted member could set a MN and just send them monthly revenue... But I dont expect this much, its like a dream...

So what do you guys think?

If a video is released by that day, i could put a link to the video so 'fresh" common folk can scan QR code and see what is DASH during the event!!

Maybe use thos site https://www.bitpesa.co/ Have you guys hear of it? So if I would make contacts with the school and make them open an account there, the donations could be collected in escrow services and send to bitpesa.co. But this is another issue, bitpesa dont accept DASH. Whats the bes way to persuade them to accept it?

Presuming they have an internet connection, make a donation address and collect enough for a low end laptop or 2 and send it over there, possibly with a Dash wallet installed on the machine ready to go. (if not, maybe an android mobile hotspot)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, it just happened then! That really was cool. I don't know if we have the skills to set something like that up.... quite yet. It would be much easier to do, maybe, with a radio station. They usually hold events in the summer time at the beaches etc... and if we could get them to sponsor us at such an event, that could be mucho cool. But how to do it??? I have no idea, LOL.

Wow, it just happened then! That really was cool. I don't know if we have the skills to set something like that up.... quite yet. It would be much easier to do, maybe, with a radio station. They usually hold events in the summer time at the beaches etc... and if we could get them to sponsor us at such an event, that could be mucho cool. But how to do it??? I have no idea, LOL.

Need someone with graphics skills, some people to donate DASH, print up some paper wallets, then disperse them. The disbursement does not have to be co-ordinated like that. We could simply tape envelopes to random spots in events or throughout a city.

For you,
http://www.sott.net/article/295871-...HPV-vaccine-shows-lives-of-young-women-ruined

Very interesting video. I've heard of this vaccine, and wondered if my girls should get it as well. Vaccines have helped humanity immensely, But there is always a risk. My son has autism. Did he get it because of his vaccines? Believe me, we have studied all the information we could get on that, and we conclude, it's more likely genetic, as I seem to be autistic, my husband is undoubtedly aspergers, and our other two girls are aspie. I see the same symptoms in my in-laws and my own family. It simply was strongest in and devastating to our son. Luckily, he decided to join us in this world (with a lot of help from Dad!) and is a wonderful young adult now.

If you have children, or will have children in the future, you'll find there are so many things you have to decide on for your children. Is it really good to have your boy circumcised (if not religiously required)? vaccines? Should you give them Tylenol when they have a fever? Better to suffer through strep throat or take antibiotics? It goes on and on and on. Then you have one opinion, your other half has another! Ugh! It's fun, I tell ya! LOL.

Very interesting video. I've heard of this vaccine, and wondered if my girls should get it as well. Vaccines have helped humanity immensely, But there is always a risk. My son has autism. Did he get it because of his vaccines? Believe me, we have studied all the information we could get on that, and we conclude, it's more likely genetic, as I seem to be autistic, my husband is undoubtedly aspergers, and our other two girls are aspie. I see the same symptoms in my in-laws and my own family. It simply was strongest in and devastating to our son. Luckily, he decided to join us in this world (with a lot of help from Dad!) and is a wonderful young adult now.

If you have children, or will have children in the future, you'll find there are so many things you have to decide on for your children. Is it really good to have your boy circumcised (if not religiously required)? vaccines? Should you give them Tylenol when they have a fever? Better to suffer through strep throat or take antibiotics? It goes on and on and on. Then you have one opinion, your other half has another! Ugh! It's fun, I tell ya! LOL.

Have you considered there was much less autism before vaccines came along and virtually no cancer before the 20th century, I don't have kids but some friends refused the vaccines for theirs', they said within the first 6 months the baby's immune system can not develop anti bodies properly and the vaccines are mostly useless.(and they are full of mercury and formaldehyde)
When people say diseases were undetected in history, this is not always true, as an obvious example, Parkinson's Disease was unknown before the industrial revolution, now over 1% of the worlds population have it, how unlikely do you think that is that this is not caused by the chemical pollution of the environment?

When brain cells are growing the new connections via axons, they will miss the neurons altogether if they are exposed to mercury (and mercury is constantly evaporating in your none composite fillings)
goto 1 min 49 seconds and watch in real time what happens in low level exposure ..

I believe there are 2 reasons for the increase in autism. As witnessed in silicon valley, they have the highest rates of autism, and they highest population IQ, especially in the engineering and mathematics fields. Along with autism, which is all high functioning in my family, we also have high IQs, my husband's family very high IQs. I think the theory that autism has something to do with people of high IQ in mathematics, physics and engineering getting together and having babies. I also think it's caused by a child not catching on to social cues, missing stages of development. And when they miss a crucial stage of understanding social cues, they become alienated, and fail to understand the people around them causing great amounts of stress eventually leading to the exact symptoms seen in people with post traumatic stress syndrome.

I don't believe in false dichotomies or logical fallacies. You have to have more than mere - extremely broad coincidences. The vaccines have been studied extensively at this point, and even if they're hiding information from us, or skewing it, my youngest had non-mercury injections (because at that point we were paranoid) and still has aspergers syndrome (now lumped in with Autism) Because I've seen my children learn how to understand social cues, learn how to interact with others, and even my non-speaking, flapping son is now a college student who befriends people easier than other college students because he knows how to introduce himself, how to induce a conversation, he's always making friends. You'll find him joining in a game of frizzby that you'd think he was the most popular boy in high school. He only lets his "weird" hair down with his best friends, where he'll act more ... odd and very silly. He can bridge the two worlds seamlessly. He is the most amazing person I've ever known, and I often tell him that.

We often say that we have autism, but autism doesn't have us :) If you have it, and can catch on to the ways of people, you have an awesome gift, often coming with amazing talents. Anyway, maybe you can see this other point of view :) It's just unfortunate that not every autistic kid has a father that really understands, and can guide his child through the crazyness of people who don't say what they mean (son punched hubby when hubby said "it's raining cats and dogs out there" and he looked out side and didn't see any cats and dogs, LOL) Not being literal, learning to understand sarcasm, and most of all, realizing people have motivations that you may not have thought of that have nothing to do with you. All things normal people simply "get" these kids don't. But they can if taught.

Sorry for that long one, but I always feel I have to reach out in case there are parents out there struggling with this. It's important that they keep trying, kind of like Helen Keller. One day, the wall broke down and my son saw the light. He caught up 5 years of schooling in a single year, he continued to learn at an accelerated pace. We were told he wouldn't be able to learn to read and write or do math, and that he passed the age where these things needed to be learned. They were so wrong!

The only horrible thing is that it required pretty much 150% of my husband's efforts, it was his full time job. And many autistic kids have parents that just can't do it. Without a bond of trust and relentless patience all day every day, a heavily autistic kid doesn't have a chance. There is no way a doctor, psychiatrist, therapist, etc... can do it. They can only guide and support a parent or parents efforts.

Golly I'm gonna stop now, LOL. Sorry!

I believe there are 2 reasons for the increase in autism. As witnessed in silicon valley, they have the highest rates of autism, and they highest population IQ, especially in the engineering and mathematics fields...

I agree with you some of best engineers and scientists are bordering on autistic in nature, it is well known companies such as IBM actively engage in recruiting autistic people because they focus on one task and do it better than most of the more 'general' population.
But what I am trying to say, is that there is a rise in incidences of autism, and we have to ask ourselves why is this happening now and not lets say in the last 50,000 years ?
Most food in America is sprayed with the neuro toxin roundup is it not, so what do you think is going to happen to the cell growth when such a toxic biological agent is introduced into the environment, it is not for no reason that roundup is banned in parts of Europe and is known for causing cancer.
Big Pharma will always tell you it is safe, they have to because they can never ever admit to anything else (you could sue them then couldn't you)

Denial of a harmful environment comes in many forms and mobile telephones is a good example(wi-fi and microwave ovens are also at the peak water absorption frequency of 2.4 gigahertz)
I knew a nurse who worked on the cancer ward in the hospital and she had a taxi driver come in.
He was testing the very first mobile telephones in the taxis around our town in the late 1980's.
So he had the phone,microphone and aerial strapped to the side of his face, and the cancer was in the exact shape of the phone
only on that one side of the face (he was in his early 30's btw), they had to cut 1 side of his face off.
Even the wife of the guy who invented mobile phones got ear cancer (a very rare cancer normally), was she helping him test it?
The chief engineer for nokia wrote a long piece (have got it in a email somewhere) about how using phones all the time ruined his health by the age of 40.
How many 'coincidences' does it take, or shall we just ignore it?
http://www.naturalnews.com/043542_Wi-Fi_EMF_radiation_New_Zealand_boy.html
Did you know a child's brain absorbs something like 9 times more microwaves than an adults because it has a thinner skull and a different fat content level.

I'm not saying that there aren't many environmental factors causing health issues today. But I don't think autism is one of them, or at least there has been no solid leads to an environmental factor. I grew up close to Rocketdyne in the San Fernando Valley. Not far from where they tested the rockets. You'd hear them quite often testing them. All the men started dropping like flies in the 80's. They found carcinogens, I think, in the water or soil?? I can't remember. We've done all kinds of things to ourselves, hell, just think what smoking does to the body! So yes, I agree that since the industrial revolution, we've created quite a few diseases!

But a friend of the family, who took care of my in-law's ranch in Texas with his father, and is probably about 80 years old now, was very autistic. He knew every cow ever born on their ranch and my in-laws. Being that he lived in the hill country, and was born, probably in the 1930s in the countryside, 100s of miles from any city, let alone industrial city, I don't think environmental factors had anything to do with it. Another Autistic friend up in North Carolina, lived in the hills with his parents. Nobody knew he existed until he was 9 years old and was brought to town because he had broken his leg (tiny town). He ended up living out his life doing odd jobs for people in that town. And he was autistic. Dead now, also would probably be in his mid 80s today, if he were alive.

I just don't see a correlation, you could just as easily say that vaccines caused any other kind of childhood disease, because chances are the children all got vaccinated. Vaccinations have vastly, VASTLY improved the survivability rate of children in the world. It may be the reason for the #1 overpopulation of the world, LOL. But there I am assuming things without proper data. Even in the film, the doctors all say that it's still worth it to vaccinate, but that they want something done for the young girls that have a reaction. Nothing is being done to try and help them.

So I agree, we have created problems with our technology, but the technology also has vastly improved our lives and lifespans. So what to do? Frankly, we would get more done, IMO if money were spent of fixing things, rather than suing every manufacturer of a product. Suits never help anyone but the lawyers. Yet that's our answer to everything, here in the United States.

Ah well, there are many things we need to fix in our world :p

I'm not saying that there aren't many environmental factors causing health issues today. But I don't think autism is one of them, or at least there has been no solid leads to an environmental factor. I grew up close to Rocketdyne in the San Fernando Valley. Not far from where they tested the rockets. You'd hear them quite often testing them. All the men started dropping like flies in the 80's. They found carcinogens, I think, in the water or soil?? I can't remember. We've done all kinds of things to ourselves, hell, just think what smoking does to the body! So yes, I agree that since the industrial revolution, we've created quite a few diseases!

But a friend of the family, who took care of my in-law's ranch in Texas with his father, and is probably about 80 years old now, was very autistic. He knew every cow ever born on their ranch and my in-laws. Being that he lived in the hill country, and was born, probably in the 1930s in the countryside, 100s of miles from any city, let alone industrial city, I don't think environmental factors had anything to do with it. Another Autistic friend up in North Carolina, lived in the hills with his parents. Nobody knew he existed until he was 9 years old and was brought to town because he had broken his leg (tiny town). He ended up living out his life doing odd jobs for people in that town. And he was autistic. Dead now, also would probably be in his mid 80s today, if he were alive.

I just don't see a correlation, you could just as easily say that vaccines caused any other kind of childhood disease, because chances are the children all got vaccinated. Vaccinations have vastly, VASTLY improved the survivability rate of children in the world. It may be the reason for the #1 overpopulation of the world, LOL. But there I am assuming things without proper data. Even in the film, the doctors all say that it's still worth it to vaccinate, but that they want something done for the young girls that have a reaction. Nothing is being done to try and help them.

So I agree, we have created problems with our technology, but the technology also has vastly improved our lives and lifespans. So what to do? Frankly, we would get more done, IMO if money were spent of fixing things, rather than suing every manufacturer of a product. Suits never help anyone but the lawyers. Yet that's our answer to everything, here in the United States.

Ah well, there are many things we need to fix in our world :p

I dont want to thread jack but will make 2 points and try to leave it at that :)
There is a little known hot topic in science called epigenetics, now this is a study of the (permanent ) effects on your DNA by your life style.
Further to that, is that when you have children, they will have the gene alterations already in place.
One example is, lets say you have stressful childhood, the hydro cortisol levels in your brain will be higher, what are the long term effects of this you may well
ask ?
Well once those those parts of the genes are switched on, they tend to have the habit of staying on, so what happens to the next generation is they have higher levels of cortisol in the brain that can bring on certain health issues later on in life.
So this could be more a case of asking not what your life style is but rather what life style your grand parents had, they would have got away with smoking 40 a day, drinking and perhaps working in awful work conditions but unknowingly they have permanently altered their descendent's genes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics

Second point:
As you mention smoking and rocket tests, consider this:
Before WW2 there was very little lung cancer but after it started rising swiftly (circa 1900, here in the UK for example 1 out 2 working class men smoked)
So why is it after the 1950's the rate climbed strongly, what is it that changed ??
In the late 1940's were the first atomic bomb tests, not just 1 or 2 but thousands, in fact if you lived downwind of New Mexico you certainly would have got some of the immediate dust from the explosions.
And what happens if you detonate a high altitude bomb (as they did) repeatadly?
Well you will have radioactive fallout and nano particles of plutonium raining down around the earth (particularly in the Northern Hemisphere btw).
If you breath or smoke only nano grams of plutonium (the most poisonous element ever known btw) you will almost be gauranteed lung cancer.
So when the radioactive fallout slowly decends, it will cover the tobacco harvests (Virginia ?), eating the plutonium is a lot more 'safe' than smoking it btw!
As a comparision, think what happens when a large volcano goes off, as in the dust can slowly fall for over 2 years.

Can this be proved ?
Yes it can actually, because the (radioactive) Carbon 14 produced by the increase in radiation from the isotopes is taken up and mistaken for normal and stable carbon (C12) so carbon dating has been totally skewed unless you allow for the abnormally high levels during the 1960's (archaeologists know this and do take it into account).
Basically the very DNA in your body has been changed forever to a more radioactive C14 ratio by the thousands of tests in and the lung cancer that the media so love to blame on (selfish) passive smoking is more likely the result of all the bomb testing from the 1950's -1980's.
Radiocarbon_bomb_spike.jpg

Can you see that the Northern Hemisphere was briefly 25% more radioactive than the Southern.

Beautiful day in Niagara today, took my eight year old daughter down to the Niagara River gorge, where we have lots of difficult hiking trails. She handled them like a champ, I'm very proud!

Back