• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Rolling Thread :) (go to end for newest posts)

So I'm sitting here the past few days thinking WHY? Why is the price dropping, and I just realized April 15th is Tax day in the USA! LOL, there always is a reason! People are needing extra $ to pay their taxes ;P I'm quite sure now that that is what it is! What do you all think?

So I'm sitting here the past few days thinking WHY? Why is the price dropping, and I just realized April 15th is Tax day in the USA! LOL, there always is a reason! People are needing extra $ to pay their taxes ;P I'm quite sure now that that is what it is! What do you all think?
no no they are accumulating the funds for the election campaign of coins101 ;) didn`t you know about it? :D

LOL, he's like 2 years early, no? Anyway, until he offers something for the straight women on the boards, I'm not committing my vote, LOL

Hey everyone. I was going to get an advertisement up on the forum, but I just didn't get it done in time (but will next time). Anyway, if anyone is interested in reading my husband's novel, Steemjammer, it's free on Amazon until Tuesday and the second book is 99 cents, a different promotion style. We're trying things out as we're really green! :tongue:

Anyway, it's steempunk/urban fantasy style for young adults (or anyone really) Might be a little too scary for very young children. I hope some of you will take a look and let us know what you think :grin: Thanks! :smile:

Guys, i am having a problem with MN. So they run for 2 hours and then go offline. I delete pears.dat, debug.log, db.log and restart and restart from hot wallet. After couple of hours both MN go offline. Does anyone else experience it?

Guys, i am having a problem with MN. So they run for 2 hours and then go offline. I delete pears.dat, debug.log, db.log and restart and restart from hot wallet. After couple of hours both MN go offline. Does anyone else experience it?

Had the same problem once. Tried everything for weeks.
Only thing that helped in the end was to get a new ip for my MN. As soon as I switched to a different ip everything worked fine!

Bitemy...
Good question. I have been looking around for some documentation on this same question... can anyone point me to a thread that shows info about how to set up donations ? What about voting?

Thanks!

Reading "steempunk" in one post then "pears.dat" in the very next caused me to go cross-eyed. :p

I've since recovered, but a couple of my masternodes haven't. I think it is VPS service related, though. It seems that when choosing a VPS provider, there really is a big difference in quality. Going with a dirt-cheap provider will probably end up costing more in missed payments than cost savings...

Bitemy...
can anyone point me to a thread that shows info about how to set up donations ? What about voting?
Thanks!
It looks like you've already learned how to set up a masternode.conf for start-many. the donation option is easy now that you have that set up. You just add a receiving address and percentage at the end of each line in the masternode.conf. https://dashtalk.org/threads/bounties-growth-and-sustainability.4146/page-2#post-50984

Voting is easy. In the console, just go "masternode vote-many yea" or "masternode vote-many nay." There's nothing serious to vote for yet, though, so I wouldn't worry about this for now.

This is a really cool interview, already a year old, with Andreas Antonoupolos where he also talks about distributed autonomous corporations:

Last edited by a moderator:
ddink7 on BCT RE: how do we fund development all the way into the future:

ddink7 link=topic=421615.msg11115774#msg11115774 date=1429276549 said:
Tante, you ask some excellent questions and give us much food for thought!

It may be helpful to put these things in context, though, by pointing out that nobody in the open source community has solved these issues. Up until very recently, one poorly-funded person was managing SSL. Countless Fortune 500 companies use SSL to make untold billions of dollars, but virtually none of them have ever invested a dime in the project. Even Linux--the backbone of many corporate systems around the world--is poorly funded and maintained largely by its creator (who is paid) and numerous volunteers.

If the open source projects that the entire IT community rely on are so poorly funded and maintained by amateur volunteers, it's not surprise that the open source crypto community should find that to be true as well.

Perhaps somebody who knows more about the open source movement and has worked with other open source projects can give us their thoughts on how to maintain Dash in a poorly-funded, post-Evan, volunteer-only world.

(N.B. One major difference between crypto and Linux or SSL is that the devs of crypto currencies usually own quite a bit of it, which means they are actually incentivized by the growth in value of their coin that results from their development efforts. If Evan hypothetically owned 100k Dash, he would be very motivated to continue full time on this project for a very long time, as his efforts will greatly increase the value of his holdings.)

Let's discuss?

I'm pretty sure otoh isn't the culprit. Who it is?? A long time ago someone visibly bought well over 500 coins, his/her account was going up up up, and we were watching it. It may be that same person (I don't watch the block chain nor research who what where, etc... even if it's totally open, my eyes start to cross, LOL.

Anyway, it is quite possible someone owns that many masternodes, 1/5 of the MN network. Not even close enough to control anything. Enough to dump and hurt though, so I guess we have to hope they remain interested in this project? Or else weather the dump. If they're smart, they'll dump slowly.

There are always bumps in the road no matter how fast the street crew tries to fill 'em :p However, this project has such incredible possibilities, I am 100% confident we'll weather anything at this point.

Back