The problem with a Electrum wallet 2.4.1

Sasha00

Oct 25, 2015
Hello everybody!
A question. I can not wait for loading blocks and downloaded electrum purse Dash. Then i chose from the menu to open the file and have the file path to my purse. But the program says that Ballance 0 even though I know that there must be coins.

And another question. How do I specify the path to my purse in the standard client Dash? I need to choose the addresses not from the seed and from the file.

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Hello everybody!
A question. I can not wait for loading blocks and downloaded electrum purse Dash. Then i chose from the menu to open the file and have the file path to my purse. But the program says that Ballance 0 even though I know that there must be coins.

And another question. How do I specify the path to my purse in the standard client Dash? I need to choose the addresses not from the seed and from the file.
Electrum and QT are not using the same "wallet" !
you can not use QT Wallet.dat for electrum !

(I am not sure if I understand you correct here, is that the problem ??)

Reactions: stan.distortion

Sasha00

Oct 25, 2015
Unfortunately I do not have the keys in text form. I have only a wallet file on the full program Dash. How do I can import old wallet file in the full version of the program Dash?

У меня остался только бумажник в виде файла. Как мне импортировать старый бумажник в новый полный клиент Dash?

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Core Developer
Dash Core Group
May 20, 2014
Unfortunately I do not have the keys in text form. I have only a wallet file on the full program Dash. How do I can import old wallet file in the full version of the program Dash?

У меня остался только бумажник в виде файла. Как мне импортировать старый бумажник в новый полный клиент Dash?
You can use dumpwallet console command in DashQt (Tools -> Debug console) to retrieve a list of all your private keys.
Code:
dumpwallet "filename"

Dumps all wallet keys in a human-readable format.

Arguments:
1. "filename"    (string, required) The filename

Example:
dumpwallet "keys.txt"
You can then use keys from this list to sweep them into Electrum (Wallet -> Private keys -> Sweep).

nmarley

Administrator
Core Developer
Dash Core Group
Jun 28, 2014

Why bother with that? Just use the Dash full program to send them to a new Electrum wallet address. That's all "sweeping" does anyway.

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Core Developer
Dash Core Group
May 20, 2014
Why bother with that? Just use the Dash full program to send them to a new Electrum wallet address. That's all "sweeping" does anyway.
To send it you need to download full blockchain, to dump/sweep - you don't need to. But since our blockchain is still relatively small and it shouldn't take too much time even to sync from scratch - I agree, sending Dash out to some address generated in Electrum is the easiest way.

Reactions: nmarley

nmarley

Administrator
Core Developer
Dash Core Group
Jun 28, 2014
To send it you need to download full blockchain, to dump/sweep - you don't need to. But since our blockchain is still relatively small and it shouldn't take too much time even to sync from scratch - I agree, sending Dash out to some address generated in Electrum is the easiest way.
Good point, I didn't even think about downloading the blockchain... I guess I had assumed he already had it.