• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The PoW Extinction Event within 10 - 20 years

I have never sided with the climate change argument, I couldn't care less how much power it consumes. Only that we must continue to improve the distribution, such that chip manufacturers can not lock down mining operations in the name of climate change.

Dash should consider implementing MWEB (MimbleWimble Extension Blocks) like litecoin, or paying David Burkett to do it for us.

It might also be a good idea to gradually switch from X11 to a custom version of RandomX

These are two very good ideas, but for even more reasons than you wrote above.

MimbleWimble to increase privacy (and scalability).

RandomX (variant) to increase decentralization and censorship-resistance of the network. Besides security, another benefit of POW mining (as opposed to POS) is coin distribution.

If normal average people can mine on consumer hardware (their regular CPUs), then more people can get DASH more easily, which grows the community faster. Contrast this with very few miners that have access to ASICs.

I agree, this should be discussed and begun soon for the transition (MWEB + RandomX) which can be expected to take a very long time.

Who else in the community agrees?

Phones contain rare earth minerals that require lots of real world mining. If you could travel back in time to before the mobile phone and say, "we could build a mobile device to do all these wonderful things but it will require massive destruction of our environment", would we choose to build it anyway? This is the conundrum that many environmentalists are unable to answer.

geolibertarian,帖子:229505,成员:14538 said:
这是两个非常好的想法,但原因比你上面写的还要多。

MimbleWimble 增加隐私(和可扩展性)。

RandomX(变体)以增加网络的去中心化和抗审查性。除了安全之外,POW 挖矿(相对于 POS)的另一个好处是硬币分配。

如果普通人可以在消费硬件(他们的常规 CPU)上挖矿,那么更多人可以更轻松地获得 DASH,从而更快地发展社区。相比之下,很少有矿工可以使用 ASIC。

我同意,应该尽快讨论并开始过渡(MWEB + RandomX),预计这需要很长时间。

社区中还有谁同意?
[/引用]

矿工应该是换个方式了,不是矿机。是低门槛参与的网络的,全民参与的,手机版,随时访问的……(用户不分配利益,只维护、增益网络)
分配DASH,也应该有新的方式。主节点、分节点、子节点、供献者们、(维护、强化二层网络)

And so today we move ever closer to the end game. The price for appeasing governments comes to this, that all recipients of crypto must be doxxed:

How's that romance with regulators going? Did they promise you the world and ask you to compromise before stealing your wallet, your phone and your passport, and then running away while laughing at you? Bit by bit, they took you for fools and they're only just getting started.

Next, node hosting regulations, plus more treaties and data sharing agreements. Ostracize you further, squeeze you to the edges of the economy.

Oh, they got it all going on now. All coincidentally at the same time as "Change the code, not the climate". A multi-pronged attack, they're refining their game.

We're one year into my 10 year prediction but was I being too optimistic?

Just over a year since my prediction and here we are with a self imposed "energy crisis". Just a matter of time before they realize the full potential of remote large scale energy management.

Germany approves energy-saving measures for winter

How long before apps must be approved to comply with both energy and financial sanctions? Is it coincidence that Tornado Cash has also been in the headlines? How nice to be able to deny electricity to such processes.

And so the evidence mounts.

White House: Bitcoin Mining Must Be Greener - Or US Should Ban It

In a Thursday report, mandated by President Biden in an executive order in March, the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy said crypto miners should reduce greenhouse gas emissions, with help from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the Department of Energy (DOE), and other federal agencies.

It proposed that the government collect more data on power usage from the industry, advance energy efficiency standards—and it promoted the “use of environmentally responsible crypto-asset technologies.”

As some of you know, the Clipper chip was an attempt by the NSA to force decryption of phone calls.

Clipper chip - Wikipedia

And there was the FBI attempt to unlock an Apple iPhone.

FBI - Apple encryption dispute - Wikipedia

Crypto is seen as a significant threat to those who are accustomed to holding and abusing power. Gradually, they are building their fake case to "save us" from terrorists, pedophiles and climate change.

The experiments in centralized control of all electrical devices continue:

"Dark winter" could bring utilities controlling your thermostat

What's next?

All new washing machines will have built-in radio chips to report energy consumption and licensed authentication before they function. As older machines breakdown, the population will be forced to move to these newer machines.

Have you tried to buy a TV that isn't "smart"? What percentage of the population go to the legnths of using a PI-hole etc? You will lose this game to those that are willfully ignorant.

The final exercises in fascism, to control all crypto mining even when they are 100% off-grid. And permissions to install and run apps to "protect us", perhaps via Intel's Management Engine.

EU Countries Must Be Ready to Block Crypto Mining, Commission Says

“In case, there is a need for load shedding in the electricity systems, the [EU] member states must also be ready to stop crypto-assets mining,” the commission said in a document published Tuesday. Load shedding is when energy companies deliberately switch off supply to a certain set of users to avoid the entire grid toppling.

We've got a few years to go but their determination remains strong.

Quebec's Energy Manager To Cut Supply For Crypto Mining Due To Shortage

"...the provisional energy supplier wants to cut power sources for miners to survive in the winter when the minus-degree temperature requires residents to use heaters and other electrical gadgets to survive.

In this regard, power managing firm Hydro Quebec, which controls, generates, and distributes electrical power across the Quebec province of Canada, filed a report to the energy board on November 1. The distributor in the report asked the government to allow the hydro-electrical power plant to limit the energy supply to crypto miners."

Fuck'em. The China ban showed, that a country of even a group of countries can ban that shit and nothing changes, mining will happen elsewhere, big deal.

I am more worried about the threat quantum computers pose to blockchain encryption in the next 5 to 10 years.
I'm no expert but it seems to me, at least, there are a few things at play. First, quantum encryption is the other side and I don't expect that tech to trickle down for a very long time. So I suppose in this regard it is a threat. But also, there are blockchains that are quantum resistant,, typically privacy chains, as the public and private keys remain unexposed.

Back