• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The "Evolutionary Women of Dash" PinUp Calendar

Do you like this idea?

• Heck, yeah!

• No, historically relevant women are scary.

• Tell me more...

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheBigCat

Someone once said a movement will become popular when men see women showing up. Then, the men will follow.

“The more women = the more ‘mainstream’ " ~ Anja (@Aniinl on Slack)

Not only do we need more women into the movement, but more non-fintech people. I propose we reach out to these people by entering their world, the physical one. By showing them something beautiful, educational and - yes, brace yourself! - tangible.

I believe this can curry us some rare media attention in the "mainstream" and affect outreach on a truly broad level.

Introducing... "Evolutionary Women of Dash" a fun and savvy, eye-catching yet workplace-safe pinup calendar of Women of Dash, portrayed creatively in attire/settings of 12 historic, evolutionary women in history, from Frida Kahlo to Amelia Earhart, Lady Godiva to Marie Curie.

The timing for a calendar near the end of the year, would be perfect, since the release of the game-changing "Evolution", will occur at the end of 2017/start of 2018.

I have experience pulling this kind of grand idea together, as I created the "Pin-ups for Ron Paul" and "Hotties for Ron Paul" calendars in 2012 and 2008. I conceived, designed, art directed, produced and marketed these pin-up calendars. I handled domestic and international media requests for the project. So much work, but very exciting!

And we were featured on some impressive mainstream media, from the Colbert Report to US News and World Report, Spanish to German news outlets. I feel "Evolutionary Women of Dash" could do this and more.

Here are some links to publicity:

Politico

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/68415.htm

SpiegelTV (Germany)

RT (Russian TV)

Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...-congressman-bid-white-house-article-1.978543

The Colbert Report

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/6dwdi...movie-torture-tactics---offensive-merchandise

Mediaite

http://www.mediaite.com/online/sex-bomb-get-your-own-pin-ups-for-ron-paul-calendar/

Washington Examiner

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pin-ups-pose-for-ron-paul/article/150232

The Daily Caller

http://dailycaller.com/2011/11/10/limited-government-limited-clothing-pinups-4-ron-paul-slideshow/

Fox News

http://nation.foxnews.com/ron-paul/2011/11/17/ron-paul-supporters-strip-down-fundraiser

Nerve

http://www.nerve.com/news/politics/pin-ups-for-ron-paul-use-sexiness-to-spread-libertarian-gospel

Onboard with “Evolutionary Women of Dash” so far, I have StellaBelle as Frida Kahlo, @subspaced as Lucille Ball, Saika Babbi (moderator at Slack) as Sacajawea, @Diddy72 as Florence Nightingale, Ruth Heasman (@spacehoppa/winner in the Dash Art contest) as Heddy Lamar, Susanne Tarkowski Tempelhof as Cleopatra and another friend of mine as Joan of Arc.

I would like to pose as Lou Salome, the first female psychoanalyst, who was a friend of Sigmund Freud, Friedrich Nietzsche and Maria Rainer Rilke.

Other women from history on my list:
  1. Rosa Parks
  2. Marie Curie
  3. Amelia Earhart
  4. Anais Nin
  5. Susan B Anthony
  6. Coco Chanel
  7. Nellie Bly (journalist had herself committed to an insane asylum to do a story on abuse at the place!)
  8. Zora Neale Hurston (writer)
  9. Valentina Tereshkova (cosmonaut/first woman in space!)
  10. Gertrude Edelle (first woman to swim the English Channel beating men's record by two hours!)
  11. Julia Child (chef/TV personality/international spy?)
  12. Emilie Bronte (author)
  13. Bette Nesmith Graham (inventor of liquid paper and mother of one of The Monkeys!)
  14. Grace Murray Hopper ( computer language creator)

As art director for this, I have ideas for costumes/settings, and instructions that can be carried out economically from the model’s location, worldwide. (This is how I did the other two calendars)

But that’s not all, Folks! As Amanda B. Johnson has wisely suggested, we need to educate people on what exactly IS Dash, digital currency, and why should they care. Here’s where we connect the dots for them, by not only including the byline “Dash is Digital Cash”, but by including fun and interesting info about how Dash and cryptocurrency works and can be used in their lives.

This can be included in the copy on the photos of the models. We can mention what made the particular historical woman such an “evolutionary" force, and tie that gracefully in to how the blockchain, crypto-currency and Dash in specific, is such an evolutionary force for good in this world.

(To understand more about this idea, please see some examples from the calendars I did in 2012 comparing quotes from founding fathers, authors, philosophers etc. with quotes from Ron Paul.)

NOTE: The "Evolutionary Women of Dash Calendar" will differ from the ones I've produced below, specifically in the models' attire. In other words, no short shorts or bikinis, folks. (Amelia Earhart would look funny like that) Just fancy costumes appropriate to the era the historic woman is from and some clever settings with some historic info plus info on Dash, the blockchain, crypto-currency etc.

DecemberSonja_sm_.jpg

JanuaryGina_sm_3.jpg

AAOctoberMara_sm_2.jpg

Why am I pre-proposing this so far in advance from the launch of Evolution? Because this kind of project takes a long time to get organized, implemented, marketed and produced. One lesson I learned doing calendars in the past, is that working with models remotely, writing press releases, creating a website for the calendars, fielding international press, et al takes longer than 3 months and can easily be a full-time job.

That’s why I’d like to dedicate a full 6 months to the project, for a release date that can be fully and properly heralded and promoted through social media as well as the mainstream, through my connections.

Here is the basic breakdown of the budget:

• 5 Dash reimbursement for the proposal fee
  • 2 Dash per model for costumes, props, settings & photography (12 x 2 = 24 Dash)
  • 3 Dash for my copywriting (12 pages)
  • 5 Dash for my photo-shopping (12 pages)
  • 2 Dash for my layout of calendar
  • 2 Dash for art direction
  • 2 Dash for PR (create press release package and distribute to media)
  • 3 Dash for Social Media (Facebook page, Twitter, Instagram, youtube)
  • 2 Dash for Facebook ads
  • 2 Dash for website creation/upkeep w/ links to Evolution, DashForce etc.

Total: 50 Dash

Work to be performed over a 6 month period.

Delivery of Final Product by beginning of December, 2017.

Please keep in mind that many of these will be given out as “comps” (complimentary) to news people for publicity. Yes, they will be for sale, but the price of them will basically cover their production. I don’t anticipate these selling a million copies. In fact sales will most likely be quite modest.

Note: I am not asking for any Dash to help me pay for the manufacture of the calendars. I am willing to take the financial risk of paying for ordering a number of them (probably 500 to start) in hopes of recouping that in sales.

Calendar sales isn’t the goal here. The goal is to garner mainstream media attention and to educate people about Dash, to herald the release of the ground-breaking app “Evolution” in a savvy and fun way, and to reach a whole new audience!

Of course I would maintain frequent (minimum of weekly) updates on the project, and share our progress through videos and blogs on our site. Establishing and maintaining a strong social presence through the process will be a big factor in its success.

The pinup calendar is a classic keeper of time. And the time for Dash, Digital Cash, has come. This beautiful, fun and educational wall calendar would be the ultimate conversation piece and beacon of outreach for Dash.

I’m open to your ideas. Please let me know what you think of the concept, list of historic women, etc. I’m happy to answer any questions you might have and I’m looking forward to hearing for you.

Thanks for reading through this lengthy message. I hope you’re as excited as I am about the possibility of an “Evolutionary Women of Dash” calendar.

Sincerely,
Juliet Annerino, The Big Cat

Attachments

• DecemberSonja_sm_.jpg
    DecemberSonja_sm_.jpg
    551.8 KB · Views: 99
  • AAOctoberMara_sm_2.jpg
    AAOctoberMara_sm_2.jpg
    629.4 KB · Views: 83
  • NovemberJen_Sm_.jpg
    NovemberJen_Sm_.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
I would like to see a project like this as part of a broader "Women of Dash" promotional campaign. As a one-off project I see limited value, but as part of a large, ambitious campaign, including multi-media, events, appearances etc., I think it would be great.

I would like to see a project like this as part of a broader "Women of Dash" promotional campaign. As a one-off project I see limited value, but as part of a large, ambitious campaign, including multi-media, events, appearances etc., I think it would be great.

Yes, Jim! You are very marketing savvy indeed. In fact, we included personal appearances, a release party and other events with the other calendars I produced. This would definitely be part of the promotion of the "Evolutionary Women of Dash" calendar. [emoji41]

As far as being part of promoting "women of Dash," I am an active member in the group on slack. By the way, men can join in there as well [emoji6]so feel free. The women in the group are quite familiar with my idea. Notice I have found some of my models through that group. So yes this is in coordination with them. Perhaps the most ambitious and inclusive project for the "Women of Dash."

Thanks for your questions and support of this idea. Please let me know if you have any other ideas or questions. [emoji74]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't have a strong opinion on this so don't take this the wrong way. I'm just passing through and wanted to say...

When computer gaming was young, it was very male dominated and there was a chicken and egg situation; must make games for boys because games for girls were not going to be very profitable. Nintendo came along but they didn't just make games for girls, they went for universal family fun. Nintendo must surely take the credit for taking gaming mainstream. And that's exactly where dash wants to be.

So, in my limited opinion, this should be a family story:
  • Mother and daughter because the daughter is working abroad and sending home remittance (Kraken)
  • Father and son because they're geeks (boleh vpn)
  • Sister and sister because they're deciding which gig to go to (Circus City or Pole Dancing)
  • Brother and brother because they're into fast planes doing acrobats
  • and so on
I'm sure other people could come up with better examples than me but you get the idea.

Sorry if this was in there somewhere and I missed it:
Will the 12 evolutionary women be in chronological order?
I'm not sure why that is so important to me, but it is, so it might be to others too.
If you include the date and year then they did something particularly significant, in a visible way i.e. date in large bold text in the same place on each page, maybe on a time line, that would be very nice. Thanks!

@Chosen thanks for your question! I did not think about which order I am might organize the historical women. Putting them chronologically is a nice idea. [emoji851]

I really don't have a strong opinion on this so don't take this the wrong way. I'm just passing through and wanted to say...

When computer gaming was young, it was very male dominated and there was a chicken and egg situation; must make games for boys because games for girls were not going to be very profitable. Nintendo came along but they didn't just make games for girls, they went for universal family fun. Nintendo must surely take the credit for taking gaming mainstream. And that's exactly where dash wants to be.

So, in my limited opinion, this should be a family story:
  • Mother and daughter because the daughter is working abroad and sending home remittance (Kraken)
  • Father and son because they're geeks (boleh vpn)
  • Sister and sister because they're deciding which gig to go to (Circus City or Pole Dancing)
  • Brother and brother because they're into fast planes doing acrobats
  • and so on
I'm sure other people could come up with better examples than me but you get the idea.

Hi, and thanks for your ideas and question! This is very interesting and I think it might be a cool concept for another calendar, perhaps another year. The theme of evolutionary women I think is a nice because people historically have bought pinup calendar's featuring women. The different settings, costumes and historical relevance will make it educational and interesting to men, women and the whole family [emoji67]‍[emoji161][emoji68]‍[emoji373][emoji1528][emoji67]‍[emoji373][emoji1413]

I think there is value in outreaching to people in creative ways. It's why I really like the work that stellabelle is doing and also some of the things that DashForce is doing to branch out. Relative to our other projects, these types of campaigns don't require a very large percentage of funding from the DAO, and they appeal to audiences that we otherwise might not have any exposure to. I like this idea and hope you are able to run with it.

My main concern is that the size of the Dash community right now is smaller than that of the Ron Paul campaign, which was widely known for its numerous and relentlessly dedicated activist supporters, more so than even the most hardcore cryptocurrency community that I have seen. So like you said, I wouldn't expect a large number of sales and a lot of these would probably be given away as comps. (omg maybe we should sell Dash themed fidget spinners? o_O) As @jimbursch suggested it might have even more impact if it's integrated well into a broader campaign

This is the kind of thing I think we should be encouraging as a community though, so I would probably be in favor of it, whatever direction you want to take it --

Last edited:
They were born with the universal currency, and it takes zero effort to use it.

A woman who bothers to think any further than her crotch is a rare find.

I don't think you can find 12 such women in crypto.

Or in any vertical market, for that matter.

Even if you can, they're not posing for your calendar.

If they have brains enough to be here, they have brains enough to keep their shirt on.

I think there is value in outreaching to people in creative ways. It's why I really like the work that stellabelle is doing and also some of the things that DashForce is doing to branch out. Relative to our other projects, these types of campaigns don't require a very large percentage of funding from the DAO, and they appeal to audiences that we otherwise might not have any exposure to. I like this idea and hope you are able to run with it.

My main concern is that the size of the Dash community right now is smaller than that of the Ron Paul campaign, which was widely known for its numerous and relentlessly dedicated activist supporters, more so than even the most hardcore cryptocurrency community that I have seen. So like you said, I wouldn't expect a large number of sales and a lot of these would probably be given away as comps. (omg maybe we should sell Dash themed fidget spinners? o_O) As @jimbursch suggested it might have even more impact if it's integrated well into a broader campaign

This is the kind of thing I think we should be encouraging as a community though, so I would probably be in favor of it, whatever direction you want to take it --
Thank you so much for your encouragement and very thoughtful commentary, TroyDash! I agree completely about the size of our audience but I do also believe that if this is done right with high-quality costumes settings and well-thought-out themes, it will get some nice media attention and bring dash into many more hearts, minds, and hard drives

About the size of this project… It may seem small to those of you who have never put a calendar together in valving 12 different people all in various locations around the world but believe me from my experience doing the ron paul calendars, this will be quite an endeavor requiring many hours of work by many people and Various skill sets.

I purposely kept all of my fees at a bare minimum because I am very excited about this project and want to see it succeed. I don't want it in anyway to be a financial drag on the dash community.

I think it stands pretty well on its own as a female-powered statement of Dash awareness and a fun, physical, educational product, that can be leveraged to gain some mainstream media attention. It is intended to be a project of collaboration within the community of "Women of Dash" th
ough not necessarily limited to our thread on Slack

Please do keep tossing out any ideas, questions, encouragement and constructive criticism on this project. I really appreciate all the feedback!

StellaBelle suggested we create an app for the project if it gets funded too. I love this idea, but I have no idea how much this might cost. Anyone here know? Thanks again!

Update for any ladies reading this who might be interested in being one of our 12 models, the role of Sacajawea has been taken [emoji851]

I appreciate you bringing this kind of creativity into marketing Dash. You had me at Ron Paul!

I see you've budgeted for costumes, props, settings, and photography: these are all things. What about compensation for the services that are each model's beautiful body, speech, and mind?

Thanks, stevenraj! Each model's creative input will help to make this calendar special if passed [emoji41]

Thanks, stevenraj! Each model's creative input will help to make this calendar special if passed [emoji41]

Indeed! But what I meant to say is that I think there is Dash in the Treasury to compensate the models a little more for their services :))

The woman oriented logic that @TheBigCat has, is a form of fascism and sexism. You have to appreciate a person for the qualities this person have, you have to encourage and help him/her as a person, and not because of his/her gender.

I dont care if a community is consisted by 100% men or by 100% women. It has to be consisted by people who worth it, regardless the gender percentages.

And we definitely need smart and worthy people here, because the more idiots arrive, the more the government system collapses. So no! We dont need more or less women. We need more worthy people , and we need the idiots either to go away or to stop being idiots.

So please, could you please stop being an idiot? This makes you valuable here, and not your gender. The more idiots you summon in the community , the more idiot the community becomes.

Last edited:
The woman oriented logic that @TheBigCat has, is a form of fascism and sexism. You have to appreciate a person for the qualities this person have, you have to encourage and help him/her as a person, and not because of his/her gender.

I dont care if a community is consisted by 100% men or by 100% women. It has to be consisted by people who worth it, regardless the gender percentages.

So no! We dont need more or less women. We need more worthy people , and we need the stupids either to go away or to stop being stupids.

And we definitely need worthy people, because the more stupids arrive, the more the government system collapses.

There exist "worthy" people among the group of people defined as women and non-fintech people.
This marketing effort outreaches to these target demographics as noted by the OP and may cause exposure in a way that existing efforts do not.
Your argument is invalid.

There exist "worthy" people among the group of people defined as women and non-fintech people.
This marketing effort outreaches to these target demographics as noted by the OP and may cause exposure in a way that existing efforts do not.
Your argument is invalid.

There exist also "worthy" people among the group of people defined as men and non-fintech people.
If you choose to invite women for their single property of being women, you are a rasist and sexist.

The marketing efforts should always outreach the worthy people, regardless their gender, race or skin color. Thats how it should be.

Back