• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

The Dash Africa Harvest Market

DashingDude

Hello folks,

I spent most of today in talks with the people from the Market. This is an extremely vibrant market, with almost 100 merchants. It includes a community center where artists, musicians and others can develop their talents. There is an opportunity to make this a Dash market.

The idea is to offer a 15% discount on all goods bought with Dash. And massive Dash branding, of course - this is a prime location. A Dash ATM would enable people to get their discount.

This cosmopolitan market is visited by thousands of international people each day. It is a prime tourist destination.

I would like to put in a proposal for Dash to sponsor the entire market. We can do this. No other coin can. And we'd be the first in the world.

I'm seeding the idea so that I can get feedback from the community. This is something that I feel could really work well - a synergy. And we already have an active team who can make this happen well.

Please do comment!
- @DashingDude

Good one. Work out a structure for it. It could even have a DASH Trade Fair or something with huge publicity to enable people pay a discount using DASH.

Thanks @Nathaniel Luz you're right of course. Although we still have a lot of work to do, the basic structure is already in place. And yes... if I can get Dash community support for this idea, there will be a huge publicity event. We're already doing the live music concert for 2000 people, but can you imagine the potential of a well-organized permanent Dash market?

Sounds like an opportunity. How much Dash would you need for that? Also what kind PoS would the merchants use?

Yeah. Seems to me like a DASH Village loading!
@DashingDude Kindly develop the structure and share. I see a lot of potential in this.

Cheers.

Thanks @Nathaniel Luz you're right of course. Although we still have a lot of work to do, the basic structure is already in place. And yes... if I can get Dash community support for this idea, there will be a huge publicity event. We're already doing the live music concert for 2000 people, but can you imagine the potential of a well-organized permanent Dash market?

Sounds like an opportunity. How much Dash would you need for that? Also what kind PoS would the merchants use?

Thanks for the question. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of a Dash PoS system that we could implement yet. Merchants would simply accept payment into their Dash wallets on their smartphones. We would provide an office where the merchants would be able to instantly convert their Dash (back) into fiat if desired. It is seeming like the budget would be approx 45 Dash per month.

Yeah. Seems to me like a DASH Village loading!
@DashingDude Kindly develop the structure and share. I see a lot of potential in this.

Cheers.

Thanks man. This is all happening so fast, I can barely keep-up. Yesterday I received a cr*pload of documents including audited books and architectural floor-plans and a list of merchants... and I haven't had the time to read it yet! I will keep you all posted. I hope to have another meeting on Wed with the owners of the market.

Back