• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Thank you network, what should the DIF do now?

Darren

Thank you Dash network for providing 1,000 Dash last cycle. That puts our reserve up to 1400. Some of this will be used to make a new USD/Dash Market in Japan (opens Friday!).

This 1000 Dash also accelerates our timeline to be prepared to take andvantages of opportunies should they come our way.

I expect the DIF will put up another proposal this month. What do you think?

Two specific questions:

Should we keep breaking them out as continual and supplemental funding proposals? Should we try to ask for unsubscribed Dash? How many months should we ask for.

Does anyone have an idea what will be the demand for treasury funds in the next three or four months?

Thank you Dash network for providing 1,000 Dash last cycle. That puts our reserve up to 1400. Some of this will be used to make a new USD/Dash Market in Japan (opens Friday!).

This 1000 Dash also accelerates our timeline to be prepared to take andvantages of opportunies should they come our way.

I expect the DIF will put up another proposal this month. What do you think?

Two specific questions:

Should we keep breaking them out as continual and supplemental funding proposals? Should we try to ask for unsubscribed Dash? How many months should we ask for.

Does anyone have an idea what will be the demand for treasury funds in the next three or four months?

Dunno what future demand is, but clearly, we have room in the budget this month for a 1 time lump sum ask again.

Maybe run it for more than one cycle to save on proposal fees? If the budget fills up, can always be reconsidered.

Last edited:
I prefer one-time lump sum askings, depending if there is room for that in our budget (needs to be checked per month).
Also i don't have a problem with such a one-time budget proposal emerging a little bit later on our network, to see if there is room for it or not.
Just don't wait till the last few days of the voting deadline before presenting such a proposal to the network, keep maybe 7 days / 10 days reserved for discussions.

Also keep in mind that DCG can also introduce some large multi-month askings, and i believe there is also a marketing proposal from Mark & DCG in the making ? Doing one-time lump asks could give you some flexibility around those upcoming proposals.

Last edited:
I'd say go for it, fill yer boots with Dash! Support for the DIF couldn't be better than it is now and MNs seem to be in general agreement on the importance of building up a warchest incase of rough times ahead. I can't remember what was left over last month but I'm pretty much certain you could've asked for every duff and got it.

@GreekNick I'm not sure about an eBay specifically. Maybe the network could look into how that functionality could be brought to dash platform.

Thanks @AgnewPickens ! I'm surprised that no other proposals have been put up yet this cycle.

Thanks @qwizzie I'll check with DCG and Andy Freer and Mark before putting up a proposal.

Thanks for the support @stan.distortion I feel that the more the network funds the more we'll find opportunities for the resources.

Back