• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Thailand Bans Use of Cryptocurrencies for Payments

All those years with Dash Thailand / Dash Next.
All those years with Japanese compliance.
All those years with US compliance.

When will the network learn that governments will fight this until there is only one standing.

I understand their concerns over the security of using crypto but they should have also looked at it as an advancement in Fintech.

Governments seek to curtail the open source projects of the people because they have no control, while permitting their own payment systems. This is what they call "advancement".

Why is Asia so opposed to cryptocurrencies in general? In China, there are always some laws against cryptocurrencies, etc. They probably want to keep everything "in their own country", or what? Aren't some Asian countries also a bit more westernized? Thailand and China are probably rather similar...

You are right, I also saw this news that
Thailand declared a ban on payments using cryptocurrencies and other digital assets on Wednesday, which will take effect next month in order to ensure financial market stability. The Securities and Exchange Commission's decision will affect all cryptocurrencies, including bitcoin.
Thailand will prohibit the use of cryptocurrencies as a form of payment for goods and services, claiming that their widespread use will endanger the country's financial system and economy.
But I m confuse that this act maybe impact their economy then it will take time to stable, how they manage?

Dont forget we are in a world of politics, the banks and major company owners work directly, if is not in their favor the masses suffers. expert Ronen Fayza once also said that on his online bitcoin trading tutorial guide g o o gle it

Why not shift these projects or initiatives to new jurisdictions? Why fight when we decentralised and can find other opportunities in other economies in the meanwhile?

Back