• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Tapatalk blatant and annoying advertising

xjones

The Tapatalk makes it convenient to browse various discussions forums on the Internet, including this one.

However, its blatant advertising is quite annoying. Each time I visit dash.org/forum, I get a pop-up window asking me to download Tapatalk. I have to tap somewhere to make it go away. And at the top of the screen there's a space-consuming link to the Tapatalk app on the Google Play store.

Can we make this app less in-your-face? There's no need to repeatedly tell us to download this app, and there's no need to have such a blatant link to the Google Play store. A single link somewhere (maybe at the bottom of the screen) should be enough.

There is absolutely no need to have a pop-up window or any other advertising.

Is this forum funded by ad revenues from Tapatalk, making it necessary to advertise this app so loudly? If so, I would suggest getting funding from the dash budget instead, and eliminating any ad agreement with Tapatalk.

Also, people posting from Tapatalk include a byline in their postings telling us they are using Tapatalk. Why? Does anybody really care whether they are posting with Tapatalk? Taken to its logical conclusion, everybody would be telling us which software they are using to browse this forum, and that would be a big distraction from the important things.

This app, while I'm sure it's useful to many people, is just too in-your-face to be considered desirable. We should not tolerate this type of annoying behavior.

The Tapatalk makes it convenient to browse various discussions forums on the Internet, including this one.

However, its blatant advertising is quite annoying. Each time I visit dash.org/forum, I get a pop-up window asking me to download Tapatalk. I have to tap somewhere to make it go away. And at the top of the screen there's a space-consuming link to the Tapatalk app on the Google Play store.

Can we make this app less in-your-face? There's no need to repeatedly tell us to download this app, and there's no need to have such a blatant link to the Google Play store. A single link somewhere (maybe at the bottom of the screen) should be enough.

There is absolutely no need to have a pop-up window or any other advertising.

Is this forum funded by ad revenues from Tapatalk, making it necessary to advertise this app so loudly? If so, I would suggest getting funding from the dash budget instead, and eliminating any ad agreement with Tapatalk.

Also, people posting from Tapatalk include a byline in their postings telling us they are using Tapatalk. Why? Does anybody really care whether they are posting with Tapatalk? Taken to its logical conclusion, everybody would be telling us which software they are using to browse this forum, and that would be a big distraction from the important things.

This app, while I'm sure it's useful to many people, is just too in-your-face to be considered desirable. We should not tolerate this type of annoying behavior.

1. If you feel annoying about the ad. It will be better to contact the forum OP. I didn't go to the forum frequently so it do not annoy me.

2. About the byline part, I am guilty too. [emoji28] But I just want to tell people I can read Chinese. Hope you didn't mind.

使用Tapatalk 發送

Back