• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Tante Stefana’s *Sometimes* update

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
Ha ha, really, I’ve had craziness at home. My daughter joined a theater troop which is quite a drive away. They’re very serious about attendance and demand a lot of time, PLUS her school orchestra teacher honored her as one of the students to play with the LA Opera, in a community event that involves a few performing arts schools, this took a lot of time and effort, and a lot of driving as well. So I gave up on being active in Dash for a bit. It’s going to continue through April unfortunately.

So what has happened lately, eh? First off, Evan and Daniel were at the Bitcoin Round table where Evan was caught being buddies with FluffyPony. Does this mean the rivalry will stop? I sure hope so, because they’re such different projects, they aren’t actual rivals. But trolls will be trolls (since I never go to their forum, I have no idea, but there are probably also Dash trolls over there :p)

Evan came back with new urgency on two points (according to his comments that I’ve seen) The first is that Dash urgently needs a payment processor directly from Dash to fiat for merchants so that they can start accepting Dash. Luckily, we already had a team who made a proposal, which passed. The second is that mining centralization is a real danger and that he thinks he has come up with a solution. However, he left us hanging on that note, with a promise to reveal the plan soon??!!

Proposals

Dash to Fiat Payment Processor (passed)

The payment processor proposal did not pass without controversy. The pair of brothers who proposed this project are unvetted, but willing to take the responsibility of putting this together. The plan is that they will only deal with merchants and established exchanges and banks. Thereby hopefully avoiding the more stringent KYC requirements. They will receive Dash payments on behalf of the merchants then exchange it for fiat. They then will deposit the funds into their bank account. Once it arrives, they forward the funds to the Merchant’s accounts. This requires them to establish a bank account in any country that the merchants are located in. Because they live in New Zealand and Australia, they will first process for merchants in Australian Dollars, New Zealand dollars plus US dollars. However, they plan on adding the Euro as soon as possible.

Proof of Labor (still up for vote)

Another exciting but controversial project that has been proposed is from a pair of Venezuelan men who have been working on an economic system that would create the ability of building money based on community loans and productive work. This is very much in line the economic ideals of Ayn Rand, a philosopher, economist and author of the 20th century, who said money is only really created through production/productive work, and that it grows from there as a store of energy (my own words, sorry, no time to find quotes). They claim to have a workable plan for this, and have started the conversation here. It is pretty complex and takes a while to wrap your head around. Also, the plan has not yet been fully divulged. The complexity is such that they want everyone to grasp it over time, so that we can make a good decision when voting is due (in approximately one more month). So please check it out, and keep abreast of this proposal. If there is a way to make this work, it could change the world, and I’m not saying that lightly. Also, remember that this proposal is a Research and Development proposal, not a proposal to touch Dash unless and until all kinks are worked out and the community still wants it integrated with Dash. However, the plan would be to eventually use the infrastructure of Dash to run it.

ASICs have arrived!

An ASIC project has had their product arrive. Oaxaca visited the California headquarters and checked the iBeLink ASIC Miner out. He received a donated machine which he is running for the Foundation. And community member, DarkWater, bought one and reports that it is LOUD, so set it up in your garage if you don’t want your wife screaming at you :D You can read his report here.

Presentations!

Just in time! International Freedom Festival

Our very own Fernando managed to get in as a speaker presenting Dash at the International Freedom Festival in Valencia Spain. We’re all so very thankful that he stepped up to the plate and made such a great presentation. Thank you so much!

Anarchapulco

Thanks go to Juan Galt who offered to present Dash at the annual Anarchapulco in Acapulco this year. Not only did he do an excellent job representing Dash, he also did his usual interviews with some of the most interesting movers and shakers there, and because Dash’s budgeting system, we were able to sponsor his show, DisrupTek Info, which gives us some excellent exposure.

The Daily Decrypt

I would seriously have no idea what’s going on ‘out there’ if it wasn’t for Amanda B Johnson of the Daily Decrypt (and Tungfa reminding me to look) Although her show covers a lot of topics, and she’s a woman that gives “just the facts, Mam” she often comes back to Dash as the great solution that it is. So if you aren’t watching the Daily Decrypt, watch it!

Development

In the meantime, Evan Duffield continues to work on 12.1 which will include several improvements. This is one of the most intriguing quotes from his latest update:

“After hours of discussions, we believe we have found the solution to the unfair mining advantages that produce centralization around certain jurisdictions that control the production of ASICS. We will be releasing much more information about this soon, but are feverishly working on this project for v12.1. We’re going to be releasing much more information about this in the coming weeks; it’s going to be a giant advantage for the Dash project.”

An update to the budgeting system should also be coming with 12.1 as well as the 2 mb block size increase.

Andy Freer. In the meantime, is continuing to head up the Evolution team. Nothing has slowed down there. However it will be a while as Evolution is a huge project update, so we’ll be seeing 12.1 long before we see Evolution J I will admit I’m impatient to start testing Evolution, I have the sample wallet made for North American Bitcoin Conference up and running just to help me feel like it’s here :D Not recommended though.

Kot has also posted a nice post on the 2016 Dash Roadmap. Check it out. He also has a nice visual chart to show what’s going to happen this year. For those of you who don’t know, Kot is our project manager. He also made a post to describe what a Project manager is and does. I think this is worth a read so you can get an understanding of the professionalism of the Dash Team.

News

So anyway, just one more thing I would like to spread the word about. Our very own Tungfa is always vigilant and catches all the news worthy stories that come out. He finds them then posts them in the NEWS section of our forum here. Do yourself a favor and get in the habit of checking that sub forum out, you’ll be glad you did :D

I'm new here. I admit I started looking at DASH because of Bitcoin problems.

I am very impressed by the (non-technical) organisation here: the 2016 Roadmap, the reporting on the budget proposals, and this.Its wonderful, very transparent, really gives me a feeling of where this currency is going. Very nice.

Thanks :) And welcome! I'm obviously a Dash Cheerleader but seriously, it's the most exciting project save Ethereum, in my opinion. Absolutely fun to be a part of! I hope you'll stick around. We argue sometimes, but it's because we all care and have different points of view. And frankly, sometimes there is no perfect answer. But Dash keeps moving forward :)

Yes, the problem is that it takes time to pull it all together. Evan is even complaining about putting a "budget/monthly" post up because it's too much work :p

Wouldn't it be great if we will have a Dash channel or DashTV. A daily round up of everything very similar to the daily decrypt but with a whole lot more.
Could include
Market round up, new start ups, tech developments, interviews, sponsors, live stream conferences, behind the scenes, miners segment's, even sports and gaming.
Suppose we will have to have for the value of Dash to increase a little to pay all the staff we will need.

Back