• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Tanta's Lighthearted Week in Review 1-4-2016

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
Happy New Year! Despite all the reveling, the Dash core team has been hard at work. Some highlights from the week:

Camosoul, Solarminer, Moocowmoo, Oaxaca, Raptor_73 and other members who have stepped up to help, have come up with, what Oaxaca rightfully claims is a “cunning plan”. Yes, they’ve built a Dash only Soda Machine to take to the North American Bitcoin Conference. Quoting Oaxaca, “We’re going to need a bigger booth!”. In an exclusive interview, Camosoul confided to me that the machine is so fast to dispense due to instantX speed, people might think it’s not really working! Faster than you can get a dollar accepted! After much fussing and fighting over the proposed graphics, Raptor_73, who is no longer speaking to me due to my micromanaging issues, was a real sport and created a graphic that everyone could agree on, but I suspect, with a month to go, and all the enthusiasm from the community, that his job isn’t quite done yet.

The week also brought us another great bunch of budget proposals. Masternode Owners have voted to sponsor The Daily Decrypt for 2 weeks, and I for one hope to make that a habit. For those of you who don’t know, the host of The Daily Decrypt, Amanda Johnson, was quite a youtube sensation for years as a liberty advocate, speaker and activist (and I’d say adventurer!). Until she met Bitcoin. How does one actually achieve freedom? Hold the purse strings! She hasn’t changed her activist ways, she’s simply found the tools that just might change the world for the better, just like the rest of us. I’m finding her to be more and more fascinating each show!

Speaking of the Daily Decrypt, On Christmas Day, the Daily Decrypt featured an interview with Evan Duffield, and it was a great episode!

Another budget proposal came from Lamassu, the worlds largest ATM distributor. They proposed Dash integration for their machines. Though existing machines will have to be updated by their owners (through a simple update), the proposal will make Dash available on future machines and anyone who wants to update (I can’t imagine why anyone wouldn’t want to update!) This is very a exciting step forward in visibility and usability.

Finally, in this month’s budget, Masternode owners have agreed with Evan, and contracted out to Michael Terpin, CEO and founder of Transform PR. He will be guiding Dash’s PR. Campaign, as he has successfully helped promote Etherium, Counterparty and Mastercoin. I for one am excited to see what he comes up with!

On the Development front, Yidakee (Ghostplayer) brought up the idea to get Linux Tails to integrate Dash Electrum wallet into their distribution. Kot and Yidakee are talking to the Tails development group. Seems the first step is to get Electrum Dash into the Debian repositories.

Being the Den Mother that I am (see micromanaging comment above) I was nagging the group about making sure the latest budget gets finalized back on New Years Eve. That’s when Evan popped in and let us know that the budget finalization is now automated! I thought that worthy of a mention.

And as far as I can tell, Evan et al are all hard at work, getting Dash Evo off the ground for the NABC, which is going to be a smash hit! I feel it in my bones.... oh wait, that's arthritis... Nevermind!

Finally, after a brief scare that DashTalk.org was having renewal problems, Propulsion renewed. Good news since Propulsion hasn’t been around and I was (read Den Mother comment above) worried about him. Looks like he’s simply too busy! Which is good to know. A warm Thank You from all of us, and please come and say hi once in a while if you read this J

Additional: 1. Flair has been working on the Dash Tip Box. If you haven't checked it out yet, please do and give it some likes :) https://www.reddit.com/r/dashtipbot/
2. Coinmarketcap.com has been contacted with a request to remove cryptsy from Dash listed exchanges because many people are being hurt by depositing coins in there, and not being able to get them back out.https://dashtalk.org/threads/tante-stefanas-sometimes-weekly-update-p.7677/

Next update here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL, I know a lot of people feel out of the loop but I don't want the weight of writing up something "official" so I hope this will help :) Add anything I forgot, and anything new, send me a PM please, I'll add it for next week :D

LOL, I know a lot of people feel out of the loop but I don't want the weight of writing up something "official" so I hope this will help :) Add anything I forgot, and anything new, send me a PM please, I'll add it for next week :D
You're doing fine, I like to display our community's original work on my site, and this is great! Keep 'em coming whenever you can...

NP, so busy lately, but... when someone complained somewhere that there are no updates, and my nose is normally everywhere, I figured I could put down what I saw happen during the week, and maybe it'd help.

I threw this together quickly, and now I'm bugging guys to give me a quick synopsis of what they've been working on lately. I can't always get a response as some people are that busy, and that's OK, I'll get them another time. Also, much can't be discussed, but I can vaguely give an idea, and I think it will help people understand the magnitude of work going on behind the scenes. There is a LOT of work going on, and not just the coding. We have marketing (huge and varied), legal, future planning, coordinated projects with other groups, and these things only come out when they're ready to be announced. Then everyone goes Oooooh, Wow, Cool! But they don't realize the months of planning, networking, and doing that goes on behind the scenes to bring it all into the open. Some of the most important people you never hear from or see ;)

It's not magic, trust me :wink:

Brace yourself....

Personally, I don't really get the secrecy thing, this isn't Apple. Transparency should be an essential part of anything involving money or security. I understand it might be "we're open.. but just in our own time" but I'm not convinced that's good enough when there are thousands of MN operators that have put down good collateral and are trying to make informed decisions when it comes to voting.

The dash public awareness budget is an example, which got some confusion when the The Daily Decrypt and the Transform PR budgets came along. If the voters - the MN operators - had more transparency and breakdowns, then we wouldn't just be making more informed decisions, but also feeling closer and more involved. We like to see the details.

I remember Evan said, we're like employees, in which case, it's not just about paying income but also about providing support and moral. We want to feel involved and this kind of feedback does fire us up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to shoot the messenger here. I understand it's a lot of work to produce that kind of feedback, so then maybe it should in itself be paid for in a budget.

GrandMasterDash, you understand the need for secrecy when buying the Dash.org domain name, don't you? I also think the "Public Awareness" budget was understood to be fluid, because we knew we needed money, but didn't have solid plans yet, so we thought we'd grab some from the system (instead of letting it disappear for lack of proposals) and have some flexibility.

But I completely agree with you. If something can't be fully divulged, the amounts can be noted and given a vague to-be-updated-later designation. I sent a PM requesting resolution on this matter to Evan, and hopefully we'll get an answer soon. To be honest, he's pulled in every direction, and I'm sure accounting is one of the least desirable chores, but it has to be done.

Back