• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Talking about Bitshares on July the 4th.

I've come here to spread the word about Bitshares. I'm a fan of Bitshares and think it gets a bad rap. So I've volunteered to spend my 4th of July posting about it. I like Darkcoin and the thought of "going dark" makes me giggle. Bitshares also has some really strong privacy provisions built into DPOS. Bitshares isn't a currency, but they're working on a toolkit to build Digital Autonomous Companies/Entities/Organizations. I think it is something that would appeal to you guys. I3 the Bitshares founding company was even founded on July 4th I believe. The head man Dan Larimer is very very much into freedom and privacy. If you visit the wiki you can read some of his beliefs in the philosophy of freedom portion. Thank you for being a forum that lets people exchange ideas.

I would like to inform everyone of the approaching close of the Bitshares AGS (or Angelshares) crowd-funding. The longest round of crowd-funding for any crypto-equity related project to date is coming to a close with approximately two weeks remaining. It has become a very beneficial time for people when they donate.

The term "angel" in this context originally comes from Broadway, where it was used to describe wealthy patrons who provided money for theatrical productions. We think everyone should have a chance to be a patron angel! BitShares AGS, represent a way to gain a stake in this new and exciting industry without mining coins. The donations to the AGS fund support the research, development and creation of the BitShares technology. Those who support the fund are given public credit as 10,000 AGS shares , proportional to the amount donated. AGS donations started on January 1, 2014 and run for 199 days. BitShares AGS is a public way to document who has donated to help build the industry. Donations are used to help build software tools and a powerful ecosystem to help developers launch their new digital autonomous companies. In return, 3rd party developers may choose to give shares in their new companies as “tips” to those donors. They do this primarily as a targeted promotion to attract the support of people who are likely to contribute to their new ventures in a variety of helpful ways.

For those who do not know about Bitshares - Bitshares is a technology supported by next generation entrepreneurs, investors, and developers with a common interest in finding free market solutions by leveraging the power of globally decentralized consensus and decision making. Bitshares looks to extend the innovation of the blockchain to all industries that rely upon the internet to provide their services. Whether its banking, stock exchanges, lotteries, voting, music, auctions or many others, a digital public ledger allows for the creation of distributed autonomous companies (or DACs) that provide better quality services at a fraction of the cost incurred by their more traditional, centralized counterparts. The advent of DACs ushers in a new paradigm in organizational structure in which companies can run without any human management and under the control of an incorruptible set of business rules. These rules are encoded in publicly auditable open source software distributed across the computers of the companies’ shareholders, who effortlessly secure the company from arbitrary control. Bitshares does for business what bitcoin did for money by utilizing distributed consensus technology to create companies that are inherently global, transparent, trustworthy, efficient and most importantly profitable.

I can't post links, but google Bitshares to get started.

DPOS-infographic.jpg

I3 is one of the most innovative start-ups in the crypto world I've ever seen. Good luck with the Bitshares. Is there any launch date yet?

I'm holding some 100 BTS.

I3 is one of the most innovative start-ups in the crypto world I've ever seen. Good luck with the Bitshares. Is there any launch date yet?

I'm holding some 100 BTS.

I think they have learned that giving launch dates tends to bite one in the rear. The testing is going very rapidly and they're cleaning up the last bugs. I have a feeling they'll have a release the next week or 2. The first product released with be the exchange, but it will be on a DPOS. After that they'll start releasing DACs and with DPOS in place we should start seeing some 3rd party DACs being released.

Dan Larimer the head dev listens to people's suggestions on the forums quite a bit. In that way it is fun because if your ideas are sound you can actually influence the direction of things. That tends to slow things down a bit, but I think the released product is going to leapfrog some people as a result. They are definitely innovating and in ways that are useful to a lot of people. There is no turing-complete block-chain, but they've been working hard to improve in more practical areas.

Hello,

How can one purchase? I noticed it's a crowd funding situation. Is it a A&E of creating a site and donating? If so, what do I get in return?

Hello,

How can one purchase? I noticed it's a crowd funding situation. Is it a A&E of creating a site and donating? If so, what do I get in return?

You can donate either PTS or AGS. I can't post links so I am not sure how to do this. Go to wiki then bitshares and then org and you'll see on the left a link to Bitshares AGS which has the donation site with a better explanation. Not sure what A&E means in this context. I'll try to explain further.

To each day of the crowdfunding, Bitshares gives out 10000 AGS. 5k to BTC and 5k to PTS donators. So for example, if the daily donation for PTS is 1k then 5k/1k AGS per PTS donated will be given. So that is 5 AGS for every PTS donated. The downside is that since it is a donation, AGS funds are not liquid.

As far as what AGS does..

All Bitshares/I3 created Digital Autonomous Companies are guaranteed distribution with minimum 10% to AGS and minimum 10% to PTS as well as any third party who follows the social contract. It is a fully open source project, so there are no guarantees. However, distribution helps coins/DACs and AGS holders have shown a lot of dedication so we're holding 3rd parties will follow the social contract.

There is currently an exchange about to be released, but the AGS snapshot was taken previously, so donations won't get a stake in the exchange. The .p2p exchange is looking at 35% to AGS and 35% to PTS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back