• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Synereo up over 200% what is it?

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
OK, so it's a social network with a pre-sale and a 30 month developer payment scheduled for 10% of total. Sounds interesting, except when your read deeper into their system, I don't know if users have to run their own wallets on a VPS to use this thing, which would make it a toy for techies only, in my opinion. There doesn't seem to be a distributed storage system, so I can't see how else it would work, and frankly, like Open Bazaar, I think it's asking way too much of "average people" Plus, they have a ton of coins held in reserve that will be released by some third party when they decide the time is right and "all conditions are met" which, I don't know, WTHeck?

So anyway, they got an article written in the Huffington post, which triggered this huge uprise, so I just want to say, IMO, be careful out there, read the white paper, and make sure you understand their structure. For me, I think it's a great idea with bad implementation.

Finally, Synereo LTD is a private company, and I get this disturbing feeling there is a lot of fine print as to who really owns and has control over development and direction here.

Beware!

If you read the white paper, it's VERY long and full of proclamations of an emotional level (not simply stating a need/problem and how they solve it) And ultimately, the control and funds are very centralized. I don't think those that are investing would read through that whole document, and if they did, would understand the red flags hidden in it. It's not even in Beta yet and they're having trouble with the code. I mean, maybe all this is legitimate but it bothers me that nobody reads and they just jump in with feet first. However, I can't protect the world, so I just type my frustrations here :)

Back