• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Stuck on block 1379127, 3 weeks ago

lord2jays

Hello All @ Support,

having downloaded the latest wallet : Dash Core version v0.16.1.1 (64-bit)

I have found that although the wallet can find peers, it does nothing to sync to the chain beyond block 1379127.

Usually, updating to the latest wallet fixes this issue but I am unable to access anything because of this error in loading all the current blocks.

Please can someone suggest what to do? Again, this is a massive let down. Just, computer says no and the wallet doesn't work.

Thanks to all in advance for your help.

Regards

LTJs

Hello All @ Support,

I have found that although the wallet can find peers, it does nothing to sync to the chain beyond block 1379127.

Usually, updating to the latest wallet fixes this issue but I am unable to access anything because of this error in loading all the current blocks.

Please can someone suggest what to do? Again, this is a massive let down. Just, computer says no and the wallet doesn't work.

Regards

LTJs

Try rescanning your blockchain files from wallet repair, sounds like you may have to taken a bad block.
If that doesn't work, reindex. Backup you wallet.dat first. Good luck!

Worst case scenario is a full resync as long as you have your wallet.dat safe.

Hello All @ Support,

Regards

LTJs

See :

(was for older version, but fix (see below) is the same for v0.16.1.1 when dealing with stuck on block 1379127)

Run dash-cli reconsiderblock 000000000000000afecd3ab8c45c69bcf9556a8b2c871cb15ed51d9457bd703d if you are on CLI or just reconsiderblock 000000000000000afecd3ab8c45c69bcf9556a8b2c871cb15ed51d9457bd703d in the debug console of the UI.

Last edited:
See :

(was for older version, but fix (see below) is the same for v0.16.1.1 when dealing with stuck on block 1379127)
Safe Qwizzie,

much appreciated.

reconsiderblock 000000000000000afecd3ab8c45c69bcf9556a8b2c871cb15ed51d9457bd703d

put into the console worked just great.
But it's a joke having to do this every few months for years on end just to keep your wallet functioning, plus the updates, plus the massive amounts of space taken up on the hard drive. What's the point of a central wallet with no middle man if it's a total pain in the neck?

FWIW, I've never had any problems with ETH on Metamask or any other platform. People may say it's 'risky' but it's a constant risk that this Dash wallet will just cock up and I can never sync my wallet.

This is like the 5th or 6th time I've had to plead with the good folk on this forum just to get my wallet to function, if that's not risky and fragile I don't know what is.....

Safe Qwizzie,

much appreciated.

reconsiderblock 000000000000000afecd3ab8c45c69bcf9556a8b2c871cb15ed51d9457bd703d

put into the console worked just great.
But it's a joke having to do this every few months for years on end just to keep your wallet functioning, plus the updates, plus the massive amounts of space taken up on the hard drive. What's the point of a central wallet with no middle man if it's a total pain in the neck?

FWIW, I've never had any problems with ETH on Metamask or any other platform. People may say it's 'risky' but it's a constant risk that this Dash wallet will just cock up and I can never sync my wallet.

This is like the 5th or 6th time I've had to plead with the good folk on this forum just to get my wallet to function, if that's not risky and fragile I don't know what is.....

There is no fragility, you can always import your wallet into Electrum Dash, running a full node comes with maintenance.
Metamask is not a full node, you cannot even run a full ETH node without a datacenter these days.

Back