• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Sponsorship for The Crypto Show and Unsung: Hacking Hunger

Objective

The Crypto Show is the longest running FM program dealing with cryptocurrency news and discussion. Theshow’s hosts and producers seek the networks approval for a sponsorship package for the show. In addition, theCrypto show has a successful track record of fundraising for charitable organizations and the show would like to make Dash the lead sponsor for the its partnership with the charitable organization Unsung: Hacking Hunger in Austin, TX.

Background

The show is a prominent voice in the crypto community and the team at the show believes strongly thathighlighting Dash’s decentralized funding and governance model as the show would do, would elevate Dash’s visibility and advantages in the space. The hosts Danny Sessoms and Chris Nenedal have cultivated quite a name and presence in the space. With experienced radio hosts at the helm and a spotless reputation in the community the guys at The Crypto Show have created a vast network of connections throughout the world of cryptocurrency (see sample guest list below). The show airs twice a week on Sundays and Wednesdays from 8-10pm, a total of 8 episodes a month.Due to its regular time slot on an FM radio station, The Crypto Show is the most consistent radio and podcast content provider in the space because of its set time each week. The hosts of the show are dedicated to growing awareness and adoption of the DASH networkand currency. After interviewing most of the leading voices in crypto and other decentralized technologies, the show feels that Dash would be a great sponsor due to the features that set it apart from other projects in the space.

Public Relations

The Dash protocol has tremendous vision and we at the show feel that vision has not been communicated to thewider crypto scene effectively. Talk of instamines and scams still haunt the Dash project and the show would like to help remake Dash’s image by presenting some of the revolutionary aspects of the protocol to the leading names in the space. A major hurdle for bitcoin has always been the negative press of scams or hacks. But we have found that showing the ability for a coin to support charities in a decentralized way like the efforts of Bitgive, Sean's Outpost, FreeAid and others is a tremendously valuable PR to the public and also helps a lot of people. The show has helped dozens of charities with its work, even helping to raise over $12,000 for Ross Ulbricbht's defense fund in a series of fundraisers it conducted. We would like to bring this kind of charitable attention to Dash. The sponsorship would also include a dedicated 25% of the Dash going towards our partnership with Unsung Hacking Hunger in Austin, TX. Unsung is the brain child of popular cryptocurrency activist and philanthropist Jason King. Unsung.org is an application that feeds the hungry by delivering unwanted food from local caterers and restaurant and rewards its drivers with bitcoin. The Crypto Show helped make Unsung a reality by creating a partnership with another decentralized organization here in Austin, Arcade City. Both organizations give credit to the show for making this effort come to life. An article detailing this partnership even made the frontpage of Reddit with over 210,000 views. The show has also played a big part in helping the decentralized Uber, Arcade City, get off the ground leading to worldwide attention.

“The Crypto Show has been instrumental in advancing Arcade City in Austin and globally. Connections they madefor us turned into two of our most important strategic relationships: Airbitz for Bitcoin payments and security, and Unsung.org for connecting our drivers with a social mission of feeding the homeless. Their radio PSAs and well-done interviews are the cherries on top. We’ll always be happy to partner with The Crypto Show.” - Christopher David, CEO of Arcade City

"The Crypto Show has been fantastic in establishing The Austin chapter of Unsung and it is amazing. The amount of good they have been able to do on a very limited budget is astounding. Well over a thousand meals fed in a very short period of time. A real asset to the Unsung community." - Jason King, Founder of Sean's Outpost and Unsung"

"I have worked with the Crypto Show in advertising the Texas Bitcoin Conference and other events. His promotion was the most effective of all we used. The Crypto show has shown a level of consistency and quality that has proved to be effective in promoting Bitcoin, Conferences, and businesses. Additionally, they have provided great guests, information, and entertainment." - Paul Snow, Chief Architect at Factom, Organizer of the Texas Bitcoin Conference

Broadcast Networks
  1. TXLR 89.1 FM Austin, TX
  2. LTB Network https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/category/the-crypto-show
  3. Logos Radio Network http://www.logosradionetwork.com
  4. LRN FM http://lrn.fm
  5. BitcoinTalkRadio.com
  6. Tastypodcast.com
  7. Podcastaddict.com
Ratings and Stats
  • #1 Show on BitcoinTalkRadio.com
  • 41,000 Plays each month on Soundcloud
  • 2nd Most listened to show on Let’s Talk Bitcoin Network after Andreas Antonopoulis’ show
  • Broadcast on 89.1 FM in Austin to the 35th largest radio market in the U.S. with radio coverage to potentially 1.6 mil listeners

A Sample List of Some Past Guests

• John McAfee, CEO McAfee Associates
  • Andreas Antonopoulis, Author of Mastering Bitcoin
  • Cody Wilson, CEO Defense Distributed
  • Amir Taaki, Dark Wallet
  • Roger Ver, Bitcoin.com
  • Jeffrey Tucker, Liberty.me
  • Peter Todd, Bitcoin Core Developer
  • Pieter Wuillie, Bitcoin Core Developer
  • Paul Snow, Chief Architect Factom
  • Even Duffield, DASH Lead Developer
  • Daniel Diaz, DASH Business Developer
  • Juan Gault, DASH Evangelist
  • Amanda B. Johnson, DASH Evangelist
  • And hundreds more...Check out our Soundcloud for more

BUDGET

Overview

The show would ask for a 197 dash a month for a trial period of 3 months. This would help pay for our studiospace, our costs for production and our ability to travel for remote events for interviews. It would provide enough investment to fill the much needed gaps in Unsung’s budget and would directly purchase foodstuffs for the homeless community that Unsung serves. The show would also like to give Dash away to callers and have them set up wallets to help put Dash into people’s hands. Adoption will only increase by putting Dash into the hands of users and having them interact directly with the currency. What better platform to distribute the currency and introduce newcomers then one of the most popular and entertaining shows out there? And what better way to help remake the image of Dash but by using it to fund a charity that has received worldwide press?

Objectives

We believe that the Dash project would see an increase in adoption, investment and awareness by funding thissponsorship. The show could also serve as a destination for the community to hear about the latest developments first hand from some of the project developers like Evan Duffield and leading business marketers like Daniel Diaz or Juan Gault. All of whom have been guests in the past. Dash is in need of of an image makeover. This has already started to take shape in some of the ways its mainwebsites have created more stylish appearances and attracted more attention from Users. The shift fromDarkcoin to Dash and Darksend to Privatesend are all examples of this shift. We would like to continue this makeover by highlighting the technology behind these names and all the different projects committed to buildingout that technology. We feel we can play a big role in helping manage and promote this makeover. We feel like we bring an opportunity with the Unsung sponsorship to also help communicate the generous and problem-solving nature to Dash’s community. Dash is known for solving problems that plague other cryptocurrencies (i.e. block size, governance) so having Dash sponsor a problem solving effort of hunger seems like a natural fit and one that can really help Dash’s image. The show is downloaded and attracts the greatest amount of attention from people already involved in crypto-currency and therefore we can help persuade people already invested to look at Dash as a possible investment.Dash needs to target people who are already or who want to invest in the space. Its market cap is below projects with less development and less features and we feel we can help close that gap.We hope that we can effectively address the needs facing Dash right now, i.e. an increased awareness of the networks advantages over other forms of crypto, like decentralized governance, masternode dividends, 2.5 second transaction speeds and its treasury model. All of which are key features that make Dash one of the most exciting projects in the industry. We would like Dash to be free of scandal or a bad reputation and for people to discuss and debate and judge the currency based on its merits alone.

Sponsorship Package

If the network decided that this was worth funding Dash would receive an official sponsorship that includes:
  • live reads on air during our sponsorship segment.
  • a banner on our site. http://thecryptoshow.com
  • close attention to reporting and curating all Dash news for our audience giving it special attention for thepurposes of advertising to our crypto minded audience.
  • Free PSA announcements and commercials advertising the Unsung sponsorship by DASH during show
  • Mention of sponsorship in future media coverage of Unsung: Hacking Hunger
  • The satisfaction of knowing the Dash community helped feed thousands of homeless people in Austin, TX
Schedule
The sponsorship would last for a trial period of three months starting November 1st and ending on January 31st, 2017. If the network appreciates the effort we have made and feels it is worth funding in the future than we would present a proposal in the future.

Project Milestones and Transparency
Show stats and listenership will be posted to the Dash forum and a Slack channel can be created to follow thenumbers. Show details will be posted to our Facebook and website and and Dash related guests will be advertised to the Dash forum on an ongoing basis. Communication with the show thru the Dash forum and slack channel is welcome to help shape show content in terms of Dash. We are open to any suggestions from the network on how to make the sponsorship and ROI more transparent and how to broadcast our efforts to satisfy our backers. We welcome the idea of including the awesome Dash community in helping communicate the advantages of Dash for users, business owners, investors and enthusiasts so that this sponsorship will be seen as a worthwhile venture for everyone involved. Please suggests ways we can add to this. Thank you for your time.

Regards,
The Crypto Show Team

Last edited:
Thanks for the support GrandMasterDash! We will work hard to raise the profile of Dash and its giving community.

Last edited:
I'll vote yes but I would of preferred a 50% charity split.

Why should the charity be a part of it at all? This is for sponsorship. I'd rather the proposal have been for 25% less, no outside charity and let someone submit a separate charity proposal and see if it actually passes.

I like the show but I don't think this price tag is justified. When Amanda B Johnson had us sponsor the Daily Decrypt, it was for $500. This is for $2200 X 3 months = $6600. Amanda is only making 123 dash per month right now with Dash Detailed. Imagine how much more bang for our buck we would get if we used this budget allocation to have Amanda work on a whole new project, for example.

Why should the charity be a part of it at all? This is for sponsorship. I'd rather the proposal have been for 25% less, no outside charity and let someone submit a separate charity proposal and see if it actually passes.

I like the show but I don't think this price tag is justified. When Amanda B Johnson had us sponsor the Daily Decrypt, it was for $500. This is for $2200 X 3 months = $6600. Amanda is only making 123 dash per month right now with Dash Detailed. Imagine how much more bang for our buck we would get if we used this budget allocation to have Amanda work on a whole new project, for example.

Yes, I agree with you about pricing, no doubt it's expensive. But with regards to the percentage going to charity, it's strategic; it gives dash (and the show) a much cleaner and more favorable image... and it's those kind of values that people like to talk about. Look to the success of doge to see what I mean.

I'm not suggesting that dash does this with all proposals, we can be selective. I think we can either donate this way or we can develop a specific charity proposal ... I'm cool with both ideas.

image.png

Hi Troy. The 25% will go directly to the missing items needed to make up a meal. So far we have a baker donating bread another store donating meat and several other donation are already in place. We try to make between 100 to 200 meals when we do this. The time effort and fuel we spend to do this we don't ask for reimbursement on. I've already donated hundreds personally out of my pocket to reach the goal of 1000 meals in a little over 2 weeks. This resulted in the most viewed article ever on Bitcoin.com. Over 210,000 views. This whole partnership between unsung and the drivers of arcade city was our idea. The other members of the crypto show thought as you do we should only submit the sponsorship. I insisted we add unsung because I know it will bring positive press as it already has. Just like with Bitcoin everyone only knows of the bad shit they see on tv. But things like BitGive, FreeAid, Sean's Outpost and now Unsung are positive use cases that show people outside the circle of the crypto community that crypto has real world value. The question is does Dash want to be the brand that shows that use case? If you notice we don't ask for the money until November. Until then we will be funding at least 2 of these meal drives out of our pockets. With Dash at that. Putting our money where our mouth is. I have a credit card with a shapeshift feature we'll use for the purchases. A future goal and I've already spoke with this credit card company about it is getting Dash accepted directly without shapeshift. We've done a lot of previous charity stuff and it usually gets the most attention I think it's a no brainier. The FreeRoss events we did raised over $10,000 and every cent went directly to freeross.org. This resulted in quite a bit of press world wide. We ended up in 2 foreign documentaries and a mainstream tv news story out of San Francisco. As for the other 75%, part of that will be also be used printing Dash logos to accompany the unsung logos we put on the meal bags for branding. Dash give aways to new users and such. I assure you we work our asses off. We're not looking for a hand out or family vaction here. Value for Value. If you have suggestions of other things we can do to meet that level of value, I'm all ears.
As for Amanda I agree she deserves more!!

Hey guys how's it going. I missed the last dash interview and I'm just now getting around to listening to it. I did have a few questions though.

The best I can tell these things have not been done....

“a banner on our site. http://thecryptoshow.com"

&

“Every Dash interview on FB live we will convert to youtube and post on the Dashpay reddit”

I did not find a youtube of the last show with Evan and Andy but did find a link posted by tungfa to the LTB blog with a link to the fb live show....

The Crypto Show with Evan Duffield and Andy Freer of Dash (recording from last night) letstalkbitcoin.com
submitted 16 days ago by tungfa
https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/5c7ahe/the_crypto_show_with_evan_duffield_and_andy_freer/

Also...
“The show would also like to give Dash away to callers and have them
set up wallets to help put Dash into people’s hands. Adoption will only increase by putting Dash into the hands of users and having them interact directly with the currency. What better platform to distribute the currency and introduce newcomers“

As of 11-26-16 how much dash has been given away and how many wallets set up?
Are there any other updates from this proposal you would like to share? I saw the Halloween pics which was cool.

Thanks

Back