• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

solution if you're having trouble with r9 290 dropping hashes

TanteStefana

Foundation Member
[quote author=boubou link=topic=421615.msg6005561#msg6005561 date=1396290487]
Here is the fix for the R9 290 mining.
Tested on BAMT 1.6, it worked.
You can put it in first post, or not.

I have sent a 30 Darkcoin Bounty to cryptogretzky by myself, for the bug finding.
If any-one want to pay me back a part of that bounty, here is my address to share the cost.
XavaNMidPmofBUt4RWLf6YHhNDUNA7TjY6
As I only have 3 r9 290 I'll make 3 month to recover that bounty with my increased hasrate, but I'll be in peace with this bug.

run "aticonfig --adapter=all --initial -f".
add these 4 lines into /etc/rc.local before exit 0
Code:
export DISPLAY=:0
xset s off
xset -dpms
xset s noblank
Just in case it's not already executable, run:
Code:
chmod +x /etc/rc.local
Enjoy, and sleep in peace now :D
[/quote]

meaning of "
xset s off
xset -dpms
xset s noblank
"
is screensaver off thing.
Hashrate driopping is caused by screensaver.

-dpms The -dpms option disables DPMS (Energy Star) features.
s The s option lets you set the screen saver parameters. This option accepts up to two numerical parameters, a 'blank/noblank' flag, an 'expose/noexpose' flag, an 'on/off' flag, an
'activate/reset' flag, or the 'default' flag. If no parameters or the 'default' flag is used, the system will be set to its default screen saver characteristics. The 'on/off' flags
simply turn the screen saver functions on or off. The 'activate' flag forces activation of screen saver even if the screen saver had been turned off. The 'reset' flag forces deacti‐
vation of screen saver if it is active. The 'blank' flag sets the preference to blank the video (if the hardware can do so) rather than display a background pattern, while 'noblank'
sets the preference to display a pattern rather than blank the video. The 'expose' flag sets the preference to allow window exposures (the server can freely discard window contents),
while 'noexpose' sets the preference to disable screen saver unless the server can regenerate the screens without causing exposure events. The length and period parameters for the
screen saver function determines how long the server must be inactive for screen saving to activate, and the period to change the background pattern to avoid burn in. The arguments
are specified in seconds. If only one numerical parameter is given, it will be used for the length.

Back