• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Skyrocketing difficulty... what the hell?

timk225

Ok, coinwarz is showing DRK difficulty up to 3,500 today, a 32% increase.

Seriously, a lot of people need to quit mining DRK so I can go back to getting 10 DRK a day like I was doing 4 weeks ago, and making a decent profit. Do we have some huge GPU farms joining to mine DRK?

LOL, Popularity I suppose.... I wish we could go back to the old days too! For me it's like mining bitcoin now, LOL Very very little tiny percentages of a coin. I have no idea why I still have a machine running.... oh yah, trying to get to 1 coin so I can get a payout, LOL

There was a piece yesterday in Wired talking specifically about Darkcoin so that's helped raise awareness. There was also a story in the Intl. Business Times.

I'm a recent mining convert but I'm only using a 750TI at the moment. I started mining DRK because I needed to mine a little more efficiently & Scrypt wasn't cutting it. Taking a look at the x-11 coins a few days ago for the first time, DRK ironically stood out among the alts.

I think this coin and it's near term development have a bright future. But what do I know? I only got involved in BTC when it was at $68. :)

BTW, Hai. I'm the same DZ from the BTC Talk hardware/Group Buy forums. I helped build the largest public bitcoin miners co-op last year, and since BTC ASIC mfgs. have mostly pissed me off, I'm here to help Darkcoin's community which I think are early adopters who seem to understand that DRK actually helps "complete" BTC.

It's the 3rd largest crypto at the moment so I would assume thousands of HARDCORE miners with huge GPU farms mining Darkcoin now. It's only going to get worse. I think if it you can't mine at least one coin a day it's not worth it. I think that's how Bitcoin miners made millions. They were mining early on when you could get many coins a day.

Back