• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Sign messege with DRK private key?

DarkDaos

Hello! Everyone. I'm fairly new to Darkcoin, though I've been following crypto currency anonymity for a while.

I'm exited to mingle and #buildthedarkness with the Darkcoin community.

I'm working on a project right now which I will require interested parties to send me Darkcoin along side an email with a some information (including delivery address), in exchange for a digital product.

The problem is that anyone watching the deposit public address (PA) could just wait until a deposit was made and send an email with false delivery address information.

So. I'm looking for a way for contributes to prove that they are the owners of the Darkcoin sent.

One theoretically simple way to do this would be for Darkcoin users to send me their information encrypted with their Private Key, so I can decrypt it with their PA. Right?

Just not sure how technically difficult this would be for users to do.

Am I missing something? is there any other way I can solve this problem?

Best Regards

DarkDaos

OK there is an easy solution to this....nothing technical..your customers send you the email indicating that they are interested in your product. Then, you reply asking them to send you the amount with a selected amount of Duffs included to verify the sender.

Example Customer 1 pays 2.00000001 DRK. Customer 2 pays 2.00000002 DRK, and so on....simple!

Hello! Everyone. I'm fairly new to Darkcoin, though I've been following crypto currency anonymity for a while.

I'm exited to mingle and #buildthedarkness with the Darkcoin community.

I'm working on a project right now which I will require interested parties to send me Darkcoin along side an email with a some information (including delivery address), in exchange for a digital product.

The problem is that anyone watching the deposit public address (PA) could just wait until a deposit was made and send an email with false delivery address information.

So. I'm looking for a way for contributes to prove that they are the owners of the Darkcoin sent.

One theoretically simple way to do this would be for Darkcoin users to send me their information encrypted with their Private Key, so I can decrypt it with their PA. Right?

Just not sure how technically difficult this would be for users to do.

Am I missing something? is there any other way I can solve this problem?

Best Regards

DarkDaos
possible solutions:
1. No PA - user request smth by email, you generate new address and include it in email reply
2. PA and signing - "File -> Sign message" user must sign message (whatever he likes or delivery address or what you told him to sign - choose for yourself) with the address he sent coins from
l6tv5A0.png

you verify it
3O3H64V.png

and make sure that coins arrived from exactly that address by explorer.darkcoin.io

possible solutions:
2. PA and signing - "File -> Sign message" user must sign message (whatever he likes or delivery address or what you told him to sign - choose for yourself) with the address he
Does the signing tool on the DRK client sign messages with Public keys? or with the PA's corresponding Private key?

Does the signing tool on the DRK client sign messages with Public keys? or with the PA's corresponding Private key?
Corresponding private key of course - it doesn't make sense to do this other way. You can try it by yourself - try to sign something with my public key for example and you'll see a red message :wink:

Back