• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Should I accept Darkcoin for payments

If Earthazaar were willing to accept Darkcoin for payment would you sell items or post an auction?

• no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We don't need/want you to accept Darkcoin.

• Your site sucks, go away.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Centurion

I saw no introduction page or I would have introduced myself properly before making a merchant post. I have always preferred users to introduce themselves on my forums before spamming out merchant links ;)
So hi, I'm Centurion.
I made a post to the Darkcoin thread at BCT but it was lost on the previous page in under 5 minutes, so this seemed like a better forum to post this in.
Reposted from BCT:

I have a merchant site called Earthazaar, that is similar to ebay in that people can set up store fronts and post public auctions. The biggest difference from most online stores/auctions is the site does not accept fiat, only cryptos. The site was originally built to accept only Earthcoin and uses EAC as it's default currency.

Would Darkcoin be interested in Earthazaar accepting DRK for payments? Before anyone says yes (or no) I recently started accepting Doge and Litecoin, but I am already considering removing these coins as I have gotten pretty much zero response from their communities after making several announcements on their various sites. A few hits but no one posting an auction or setting up a store (or purchasing.) The way Earthazaar is set up it is much less trouble for me to remove little used coins than to leave them.

If Darkcoin isn't interested in this I won't mention it again in this thread.

If DRK is interested would community members be willing to post an auction item, or set up a store if you have products to sell? I actually need inventory more so than customers at this time
wink.gif

If so let me know, and If I get 10 people willing to sell items or auction something (pm me) I will add Darkcoin for payments to the site.

https://earthazaar.com
If anyone has any questions feel free to message me. Thanks.

I think your poll options sum up the various opinions.

Currently DRK has a relatively large market cap but little amount of merchants so when you mention it being the default currency you may well be onto something.

If you focused the website more (perhaps a rebrand) with regards to Darkcoin use then I am 100% people would use it here.

As you will be aware there are a lot of these auction sites around and they are easy to clone the scripts so setting up your stall with DRK seems like an excellent idea.

Thanks for the reply RCHumphrey. I placed the poll option for "default currency" basically to get user's opinion, though I have no plan to change the default currency unless EAC was somehow delisted on cryptsy. It would be a bad choice for me to change the default currency at this time as I'm the dev of both earthcointalk and EAC's marketplace ;)

That being said, I am looking to expand the site's payment options. You are right though that there are plenty of auctions and it's not that difficult to put up the script. Heck, I'd even help anyone that wants to set up something easy like an auction house. But, Earthazaar isn't just a basic auction site, it is set up as a merchant portal similar to ebay or Amazon. Members can have a complete storefront - it is actually a whole crypto economy in one site.

The site can track store inventories, and send low stock alerts. Stock can be set up with variations such as size, color, options, etc.
It can also be used to post simple item auctions by the public, or can be used as a freelancer site with reverse auctions and service listings. Sellers can list tracking codes for delivery verification and even set up different shipping rates for domestic or international sales. It has more capabilities, but I'm sure you get the idea.

The site is underutilized at this time and I am intent on making it grow, so I came to Darkcoin to see if there might be some interest :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back