• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

should dash innovate in more areas given we have more funds ?

1000 dash for those who come up with the next killer idea for dash ?

• yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • no

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
> Imo, dash needs to be multi-crypto.

I think it should be multi-token for the same reasons you expose, at the same time exchanges will provide dash-tokens the same way Bitfinex does with USD-T to simplify fiat-token conversion, all parts can be easily provided by DASH becoming the world authority on digital commerce.

I haven't heard one single reason why this route shouldn't be studied in depth.

I wouldn't be surprised if USDT collapsed within the next 12 months.

straightforward and reliable bounty system for the Masternode community .. meaning ??

At the moment, we can't request anything. We can only vote on whatever shows up on our plate. With a bounty system, or bid for work, we the Masternode community could put our heads together, decide we want to accomplish xyz initiative and put out a bounty. "Hey contractor community, if you do xyz, we will give you 286 Dash." It would have many of the same features the present system has. The Masternodes or their representative would put up a pre-proposal discussion to refine the idea, get feedback for how to improve the idea or execution of same, negotiate price/duration sorts of things and then put up a proposal, "If you do x, we'll give you y Dash."

I wouldn't be surprised if USDT collapsed within the next 12 months.

Sure it could, but that's not the point. The point is that they could and they did create a pegged token (USD-T) that proved to be valuable because there was a need worth billions of dollars. If they mismanage their trust that's up to them and I hope DASH takes note, still there are 199 more countries left in the dark waiting for their own TOKEN-X to join the party and nobody seems to care.

At the moment, we can't request anything. We can only vote on whatever shows up on our plate. With a bounty system, or bid for work, we the Masternode community could put our heads together, decide we want to accomplish xyz initiative and put out a bounty. "Hey contractor community, if you do xyz, we will give you 286 Dash." It would have many of the same features the present system has. The Masternodes or their representative would put up a pre-proposal discussion to refine the idea, get feedback for how to improve the idea or execution of same, negotiate price/duration sorts of things and then put up a proposal, "If you do x, we'll give you y Dash."
its effectively like voting on this forum posts then , i dont see the difference expect that the money will be involved , so you can get votes from people on your ideas and post a proposal , so whats the difference

its effectively like voting on this forum posts then , i dont see the difference expect that the money will be involved , so you can get votes from people on your ideas and post a proposal , so whats the difference

No, it isn't. You don't see the point because we don't have an elegant and efficient system to do it. We don't even have an efficient way to survey the community to know what the community wants. You want more innovation. The ability for the Masternode community to request specific things would undoubtedly produce results, actual new things. What company just waits for contractors to show up and offer something that the company may or may not need. The more efficient approach is for the company to decide what it needs through strategic planning (like what you are doing right now) and once they determine what is the best way to proceed, they go get bid on that.

We don't have that. You don't see how that would improve the process?

Instant send , private send , evolution are all path breaking in the crypto world , but why should we stop there ?

why can't have smart contracts on Dash ( or on a side chain ),

why cant we have z-snark type encryption on-demand like some coins are doing ?

Debt Products on blockchain ?

bigger the scope of dash, bigger our market cap and bigger will be our treasury.

Crypto space has some of the brightest chaps out there, why shouldn't employ these innovators to improve our prospectus
I think one of the main problems with the widespread use of dash is that it's not too rewarding from the miner POV.
Increasing the reward cut to the miner by maybe 10-15% should help in its initial adoption.
You can always change it later.
PS:I'm just a 15 year old so forgive my ignorance.
Cheers

I think one of the main problems with the widespread use of dash is that it's not too rewarding from the miner POV.
Increasing the reward cut to the miner by maybe 10-15% should help in its initial adoption.
You can always change it later.
PS:I'm just a 15 year old so forgive my ignorance.
Cheers

It's not too profitable for mining at home with expensive electricity. The people with big fast efficient machines running on cheap wholesale electricity seem to be doing pretty well. If that were not true, the hash rate would stop going up like it has. It used to be you could make a good living building horseless carriages in a 3 stall garage, but that's no longer true.

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/dash-hashrate.html#3m

If we fiddle around with the 45/45/10 split, the value of Dash will plunge and the miners will become less profitable, not more profitable.

No forgiveness needed. We appreciate questions.

Back