• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

should dash innovate in more areas given we have more funds ?

1000 dash for those who come up with the next killer idea for dash ?

• yes

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • no

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Dashmaximalist

Instant send , private send , evolution are all path breaking in the crypto world , but why should we stop there ?

why can't have smart contracts on Dash ( or on a side chain ),

why cant we have z-snark type encryption on-demand like some coins are doing ?

Debt Products on blockchain ?

bigger the scope of dash, bigger our market cap and bigger will be our treasury.

Crypto space has some of the brightest chaps out there, why shouldn't employ these innovators to improve our prospectus

1. think we need to be slightly more aggressive in our approach. Most of the cryptos out there get these enormous valuations based on the future promises .. we however promise less and delivery more .. this strategy ironically has left with a small market cap.. unless we change this and become more marketfriendly we won't join the big boys club and right now most crypto outlets out there simply ignores dash...

Instant send , private send , evolution are all path breaking in the crypto world , but why should we stop there ?

why can't have smart contracts on Dash ( or on a side chain ),

why cant we have z-snark type encryption on-demand like some coins are doing ?

Debt Products on blockchain ?

bigger the scope of dash, bigger our market cap and bigger will be our treasury.

Crypto space has some of the brightest chaps out there, why shouldn't employ these innovators to improve our prospectus

we had a community vote back in the day (reg this question)
and the answer - vote was
- Currency 100% first
- everything else (smart contracts and the likes) after

snark and such .... all depends on the tech we are on - only for a 'little' better privacy we will not change our whole setup
privacy works (PS has never been cracked - despite all the FUD so why change it)
we have to stick to the plan , we are already running 50 + Dev and that has to be managed - so step by step is still the plan

Currency first no questions ... But why can't even explore other ideas and have Devs testing things on test net and even give grants to the good ideas .. with the current treasury we can have another 50 employees .... But the point is this ... As we widen our scope the market reacts by increasing our market cap ......

Also remember that , over taking well established platforms is not easy .... The later we start competing the difficult it gets ...

All in all we need few Devs working in purely experimental ideas not operational things like evolution.....

It seems to me, within the crypto community, whenever you talk about dash, you invariably get compared to litecoin. Often, the biggest complaint I hear about dash is lack of volume. Hence, whenever dash charges ahead, the market adjusts; either litecoin goes up, or dash comes back down. I dunno, we like to talk about knocking bitcoin from it's perch, but I think the first thing we have to do is put some good distance between us and litecoin. Volume is the key.

At the moment, my current thought is, maybe we should try to partner up with the KyberNetwork and Request Network. I urge everyone to click through and read-up on what they are trying to achieve. They are working with bitcoin / ethereum integration so I see no reason why dash shouldn't be there too.
https://kyber.network/
https://request.network/

I suppose, one of the problems with crypto constantly going up in USD value is that people just want to hodl. I therefore think, small value transactions, or discounting (like bitcart) make good choices to grow dash.

Regarding zk-snarks, I do think our Private Send needs a radical overhaul. I've seen all sorts of gotchas mentioned in these forums. Right now we are putting all this emphasis on Evolution solving the user experience but I grossly disagree. Why? - because Evolution is a special combination of wallet and distributed API. The two parts are completely separate, as they should be. This means, improving the Private Send experience should not be dependent on Evolution alone. If we fix Private Send, we can then work on a second wallet that offers a real alternative to Evolution.. say, for example, a wechat competitor with a focus on micro-transactions.

How do we fix Private Send? - take a look at zcoin, which now has znodes... they are similar to masternodes without the governance. They achieve fast privacy by using proof-of-burn.. a coin is burned and a new one issued, completely separating the original from the new. Basically, it's faster and more private than dash. I'm desperately hoping that dash labs is taking a serious look at this. We can't afford to be standing still on this.

we need these discussions going on , instead of wishing the best for dash, we need people who are dreamers who can come up with incredible ideas. 100s of cryptos are being built on ethereum , the least we could do is emulate some of them

More money won't get more things automatically. We need to fix things now and get it right. First we want to be digital cash before we want to be digital credit or digital insurance or whatever.

You know how Google became the tech titian it is today ?? They had this 4:1 rule wherein employees spend time on experimental ideas many of which fail but obviously some were super successful like you know the world most popular mobile operating system android etc

So we need constant innovation or we will be dinosaurs no question..

You know how Google became the tech titian it is today ?? They had this 4:1 rule wherein employees spend time on experimental ideas many of which fail but obviously some were super successful like you know the world most popular mobile operating system android etc

So we need constant innovation or we will be dinosaurs no question..
Yes we need to innovate but we need core to focus on evolution so we can stay on schedule we have been off schedule as of late. Google had an awesome search engine before it started branching out we need our pay,ent platform first.

I am not asking to pull 1 employee out of the current lot.. I am saying we should start adding more to the innovation labs

But we don’t have our core product to market. We need evolution v1 before we start looking at branching out.

Crypto universe is the most dynamic of all industries , constant innovation is the only way to survive in this ... Would you believe me if I told dash could potentially overtake Bitcoin 3 years back... You would probably laugh .. now there is some coin some where that is planning to copy our code and do a bunch of other things on top ..

Like I said the only way to beat the market is constant Innovation...why can't we get most ( if not all :) ) crypto developers whose shit coins have failed who are good at tech but bad at marketing ....to work with us to begin with ...

Last edited:
In theory we got that with the funding, we just need more dash core, dash core afaik is only the Qt Wallet (now web wallet called evolution). But we need more core teams, the question is if there is enough development force in the comunity to get organized and more important, get funded. Bitcoin has a Node.js core called bcoin made by a dev at bitpay. If there was a Node.JS wiz trying to do a dash core on NodeJS (or python) or even better, a group of developers, I think they would be able to sell it. Althought I am afraid that the attention is too centralized on core as the only 'true and only team' of DASH at the moment. I wonder if a new dev team can 'steal some' of the attention and support and 'compete' under the DASH realm without the blessings of Evan for example.

Let say a company in Sillicon Valley, release an experimental project proving atomic swaps on the DASH blockchain. And they submit a proposal to release a whole wallet-node-interface to make it work. Will the DASH community fund them happily?

Last edited:
The killer idea for DASH is to become the fiat of the world, let me explain...

Every country does transactions in their own currency and DASH should create tokens (like USDT) for every country like DASH-US, DASH-JP, DASH-CN, DASH-VE, etc where people use their own e-currency for commerce without conversions using their phones to send money from consumer to merchant using vanity numbers and relying on instant transactions provided by the DASH network.

Why DASH? Because right now there is no crypto that can provide instant transactions which is paramount for e-commerce.

What do we need to achieve world domination?

Hundreds of DASH-XX tokens tethered to each and every local currency in the world with zero volatility. Hundreds of vanity registries (or one giant VNS) to pair DASH wallets to local phone numbers for ease of use in sending money. Hundreds of local exchanges or agents that will convert tokens to local currency making a profit from the bid/ask spread, a whole worldwide ecosystem of local currency exchanges in constant competition.

USD Tether showed it can be done, Ethereum showed it can done too, only they lack the vision and added extra complexity with solidity, we don't need contracts or programming languages, we just need one thing done well, transferring money, frictionless, easily.

Here is an idea https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-tokens.18408/

Hey Koromoto, How're you going to provide liquidity for this tokens?

That's up to brainstorming but I think we could start with a pilot country (I am rooting for Venezuela), deploy ten masternodes, create a DASH token for a trillion VEF Bolivars and start offering them in the market for a 5% ask/bid spread plus faucets with 100.000 VEF instant deposit (one dollar) for those who pair their phone number to their wallet to get the ball rolling. Agents/Exchanges will start popping up to take advantage of being early movers and the market will grow organically.

What do you think?

I don't criticize your idea, but I can't understand, how the liquidity of fiat tethered tokens will be provided. The token issuer should guarantee its exchange rate will be the same as certain fiat currency. So this entity should have enough fiat money to cope with demand when people sell the tokens. On a global scale, this might be a huge amount of fiat reserves. And how to keep the exchange rate fixed on the global market?

Back