• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

SegWit, Lighting, RBF…in Dash ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an outstanding article.

TL/DR... No, we do not now, nor will we ever need Segwit or Lightning.

There are 3 possible vectors for maleability problems with a transaction. Type 1 and type 2 are already accounted for, and they are 99% of the maleability problem. Type 3, there is already a workaround, and there are further more elegant fixes in process down the line.

That was a pleasant and educational read! Many thanks to Alexander for writing it and Tungfa for pointing to it ;)

From what I understand, it will be possible for merchants to request - and pay for - instant transactions. Is that correct?

From what I understand, it will be possible for merchants to request - and pay for - instant transactions. Is that correct?

As I recall, the system will migrate over to the merchant paying the whole transaction cost, with some exceptions. Everybody benefits, the merchants pay less than what they pay Visa or Mastercard. The transaction gets locked instantly. The customers get (largely) free transactions, and instantsend will become far more common out in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back