• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Security of mobile wallets

jimbursch

In the video below, Andreas Antonopoulos recommends using a mobile wallet to secure large amounts of crypto currency -- he says a phone is more secure than any laptop/desktop, and second best only to a hardware wallet.

I've seen it said often in this forum that phones are not a secure place to store large amounts of Dash. Can anyone reconcile this for me?

recommends using a mobile wallet to secure large amounts of crypto currency
Don't hear him say that.
He say's a phone is more secure than a n00bs windows desktop. After that he continues the talk with explanation that a phone is ok for small amounts (loosing ya btc / "Mmg" or crying) but if you have 'a lot' you should go for a HW wallet (trezor).

In the video below, Andreas Antonopoulos recommends using a mobile wallet to secure large amounts of crypto currency -- he says a phone is more secure than any laptop/desktop, and second best only to a hardware wallet.

I've seen it said often in this forum that phones are not a secure place to store large amounts of Dash. Can anyone reconcile this for me?

definitely not !

According to a recent Forbes article, some layers of the mobile payment process are secure. For example, near field communication (NFC) means no physical credit cards are necessary. However, there are other ways for malicious actors to get their hands on consumer data, and it all depends on the security of a vendor’s mobile payment product.

Back