• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Satoshi Round Table

. From Dash, I have heard nothing but pumpity pump pump.
Where did you hear that? Sources would be useful. I have been around crypto since 2011 and I have to admit that the community around Dash is one of the best I came across, but of course it is only my personal opinion.
And we have all sorts of big questions about Dash, like the possibility (and very likely reality) that your master nodes are easily Sybil attacked, which is a problem since you divert rewards toward the operators of those nodes.
If you have questions, about Dash write them up and you are more than welcome to post them here or on r/dashpay. Evan is a very busy man, I think you can understand that he physically cannot reply to every single comment, email, interview request etc.
But your blockchain hired a PR company, and purchased access to the Satoshi Roundtable through it, which should worry anyone as much as Ripple's propensity to go after its critics with lawyers. If your blockchain can hire a PR company, your claims of decentralization are, at least on their face, a pretty laughable claim.

I am not following you. How hiring a PR company makes claims of decentralisation laughable? Where are you seeing centralisation here?

What about your claims of fungibility when your chain has no entropy? What about the insta/pre-mine?
Question about instamine has been answered over and over again. Quick search of this forum will do wonders, trust me ;). I will repeat it again, if you want to know more about fungability, and decentralisation go ahead and post your questions here. The community is pretty knowledgeable in my opinion and they will help you to find the answers.

These are questions that others have asked us to ask about, and I'm sure you have stock answers for each of them. We will listen to your stock answer and push you a bit on them. That's what we do.
Go ahead and push us. Nobody is stopping you from engaging in a civilised and constructive discussion. We always welcome constructive criticism as long as it is civil ;)
You have to understand, Monero users have always ben trolling us over at bitcointalk quite heavily so we are on a high troll alert.

junseth
You don't get an interview by criticizing someones character or features or allowing* people who do participate in your show. In the end we are all human, if you are a professional perhaps requesting an interview would work? Have you tried sending an email that is not childish?

I'm all for more interviews from Evan. Why not be a professional and contact him like a professional would? Why don't you tell us who made the ginger comment? Why are your making all these assumptions? Why do you believe everything you hear from Bitcoin Maximalist?

*edit 1

Last edited:
Can we get some Dash related Satoshi Round Table news? fluffy is on top of this promoting the hell out of his coin, with Reddit live coverage on /btc subreddit and live streaming directly from the event.

Can we get some Dash related coverage out of it as well? Would suck to let them steal the spotlight.

Guys, you are missing the point of the very first post. What are we doing to get coverage from this event?

Minotaur tungfa
I suggest we create an article with a quick summary of what went on at this event. Make Dash sound like they made great connections. Say that InstantX and Evolution solutions, etc were presented with a huge positive response.

We can really make news here. It doesn't have to be specific. Releasing quickly gives us a benefit too.

Doing nothing makes this a big zero on publicity to the public.

InTheWoods, thank you for the props. The reason the Monero video is placid is because while we are not lovers of Monero, FluffyPony is a very nice guy. He's incredibly knowledgeable, and he doesn't pump his coin. Members of his community often do. But he is very unequivocal about telling people to not put money into it. If you watch the last interview, he agrees with almost every concern we have with Monero. And at the end of this one, he says not to buy it. He's incredibly competent, and really views his project as more of an experiment than anything else. They have almost no nodes, are barely a coin with any claim toward decentralization, and he will full on admit it. That is not, as I understand it, tungfa's position. From Dash, I have heard nothing but pumpity pump pump. And we have all sorts of big questions about Dash, like the possibility (and very likely reality) that your master nodes are easily Sybil attacked, which is a problem since you divert rewards toward the operators of those nodes. Maybe that's a stupid question to ask, but we can't exactly get answers if you refuse to come on. You can call my band of merry men a bunch of thugs. But your blockchain hired a PR company, and purchased access to the Satoshi Roundtable through it, which should worry anyone as much as Ripple's propensity to go after its critics with lawyers. If your blockchain can hire a PR company, your claims of decentralization are, at least on their face, a pretty laughable claim. What's next? Dash votes to hire a law firm to ensure that anyone who says something incorrect about the protocol gets sued? What about your claims of fungibility when your chain has no entropy? What about the insta/pre-mine? These are questions that others have asked us to ask about, and I'm sure you have stock answers for each of them. We will listen to your stock answer and push you a bit on them. That's what we do. But, I mean, surely you can understand mine and other's skepticism of your blockchain. You can characterize my interviews in any way you want. But you will find it hard to show me examples where I was not fair to the interviewee. We treat everyone the same. We ask questions that haven't been asked before... at least that's our goal. We don't always succeed, but often we do. So you can either look a little bit sheepish and stupid in front of your own community, or you can decide to come on and endure difficult questions. That's on you. But we have given you an open invitation to be on.

Actually, said PR company was sacked by the very same Dash blockchain. Some masternode owners opted for competing proposals instead. Transform PR is no longer being funded from the budget system. I'd say the decentralized governance system is working quite well.

InTheWoodsBut he is very unequivocal about telling people to not put money into it. If you watch the last interview, he agrees with almost every concern we have with Monero. And at the end of this one, he says not to buy it. He's incredibly competent, and really views his project as more of an experiment than anything else. They have almost no nodes, are barely a coin with any claim toward decentralization, and he will full on admit it. That is not, as I understand it, From Dash, I have heard nothing but pumpity pump pump.

I wanted to reply to this statement you've made which is totally off, the one highlighted above.

Fluffy totally fooled you, assuming you really believe he was genuine in his statement, which I doubt you do. The guy is a sleazy but able salesman. He said don't buy it because he knew that's what you or your viewers expected to hear and wanted to generate the very opposite reaction from the people. Same as you were told not to come (by not being invited) and you came regardless. Reverse psychology one on one. Fluffy is vile and duplicitous to say the least.

Monero grew as a parasite preying on Dash, interjecting in all Dash related conversations wherever and whenever they arose on forums and websites. Let's get rich quick type speculators hoping to hit it big with the next anon coin jumped on-board, hoping to turn zero value into millions. We've seen this dynamic with many coins.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you hate monero so much, come on and explain why. I don't have a horse in this race friend. I hate alt coins. I call them testnet scams - monero included. But fluffy has become a good friend. That said, i dont know your weird histories and i dont care that much to look into them. Evan can come on at any time, which is the same invitation we extended fluffy. He accepted, ya'll did not.

I should not hate monero, per se. I have even had some xmr in the beginning (when I bought my first DASH I have also bought a similar amount of XMR, when I decided that "anonymous cryptocurrencies" are something important).

But after a while, by seeing so many trolls from the monero community, attacking all the other projects (dividing the crypto community, instead of uniting it) I decided to sell all the xmr I had, to never touch it again :sad:

Nowaday it's disgunting, for me, even the name monero :sad: not because of the technology, but because of it's community of egoistic trolls and manipulators.

Sorry about that...

Guys, you are missing the point of the very first post. What are we doing to get coverage from this event?

Minotaur tungfa
I suggest we create an article with a quick summary of what went on at this event. Make Dash sound like they made great connections. Say that InstantX and Evolution solutions, etc were presented with a huge positive response.

We can really make news here. It doesn't have to be specific. Releasing quickly gives us a benefit too.

Doing nothing makes this a big zero on publicity to the public.
I'm sorry Solarminer, but I don't think that the point of sending Evan to the Satoshi Roundtable was for PR. We sent him there to 1. make business contacts, 2. learn from others, 3. get different points of views for this space we're building in. We don't want our developers, especially our lead developer to work in a vacuum. This is the point of the Satoshi Roundtable from it's inception.

But I agree, I would like a report from Evan, once he finishes digesting all he learned, telling us what he thinks was relevant to us (as long as he doesn't reveal anything that was said in confidence. But lets not push him, he needs to digest the weekend.

If you hate monero so much, come on and explain why. I don't have a horse in this race friend. I hate alt coins. I call them testnet scams - monero included. But fluffy has become a good friend. That said, i dont know your weird histories and i dont care that much to look into them. Evan can come on at any time, which is the same invitation we extended fluffy. He accepted, ya'll did not.

Well, it sounds like you're a closed minded biased person who lets that trickle into his interviews which makes you probably one of the worst Journalists out there. I certainly wouldn't give you an interview, and frankly, this will also be the first and only time I'll acknowledge you.

OK, Bitcoin is God and everything else is crap. That's an interesting attitude. Innovation only exists for the first mover?

Do you still have a MySpace account?

Dude we all know Tom wouldn't sell out to the government like Mark did.... thats the only reason myspace died off and Facebook took off. Private information is a lucrative business! Just ask google lol

"Well, it sounds like you're a closed minded biased person who lets that trickle into his interviews which makes you probably one of the worst Journalists out there. I certainly wouldn't give you an interview, and frankly, this will also be the first and only time I'll acknowledge you."

I don't think I've ever claimed to be a journalist. If I did, it's before I really formed my opinion on the matter. Journalist is a profession. I do journalism, but I wouldn't say I do it with any eye toward journalistic ethics. I'm just having fun and ask good questions that I want the answers to. We didn't start doing interviews. We started just commenting on the space, and had a bunch of people start asking if we could interview them. Our interviews are pretty passive, we rarely reach out for interviews.

"Why wouldn't a "good friend" that seems to have all the time in the world accept the invitation?"

I don't know anything about his schedule. We criticize Monero all the time. Marshall Long is a guy I enjoy hanging out with as well. Doesn't mean we avoid hard questions or think he's not a scammer. I think he enjoys our company as well. I don't know Evan in the slightest. But he'll get the same treatment. As to whether I still have a MySpace account, the answer is yes. As to whether I log in... I don't think I've logged in in years :).

Actually, said PR company was sacked by the very same Dash blockchain. Some masternode owners opted for competing proposals instead. Transform PR is no longer being funded from the budget system. I'd say the decentralized governance system is working quite well.

Again with this bullsh!t ?

No one was SACKED. The proposal passed and you know very well it did. Evan himself decided to pull the plug and lobbied to pull the plug, and managed to pull the plug, in favour of 12.1 multi-month contracts.

You are right though, DGbB certainly is working as expected. I can't wait for multi-month contracts.

...As to whether I still have a MySpace account, the answer is yes. As to whether I log in... I don't think I've logged in in years :).

Yes, and I haven't opened my Bitcoin wallet in years. I guess you missed (or ignored) my point. I'll spell it out for you in a series of questions. Any answers would be appreciated.

Do any "altcoins" provide any useful innovations to the crypto sphere?
Does the ability to provide instant, secure transactions have any value (DASH)?
Does having smart contracts have any value (ETH)?
Does decntralized cloud storage have any value in your world (storj)?
Or is Bitcoin the be all, end all, perfect technology?

I'm sorry Solarminer, but I don't think that the point of sending Evan to the Satoshi Roundtable was for PR. We sent him there to 1. make business contacts, 2. learn from others, 3. get different points of views for this space we're building in. We don't want our developers, especially our lead developer to work in a vacuum. This is the point of the Satoshi Roundtable from it's inception.

But I agree, I would like a report from Evan, once he finishes digesting all he learned, telling us what he thinks was relevant to us (as long as he doesn't reveal anything that was said in confidence. But lets not push him, he needs to digest the weekend.

I am responding because this is actually the topic of the thread...People can we stay on topic!

It doesn't matter what the point of the Roundtable was or is. The point is how do we get some publicity out of a closed event.

I suggest we release an article (TODAY would be good) that says in our words how the event went. This isn't a 2 week dissection of the event. This is to get the first quick update to show other cryptos and investors what we are doing. This could be tweets, reddit, or maybe Eric Sammons can help us with a bitcoin.com article. Maybe this is just 1 paragraph. By creating a story quickly it also locks in a positive for Dash. If we wait 2 weeks another coin could slander Dash and then we would play PR recovery.

One article won't change too much and will not replace PR campaign. This is obvious.But I agree with Solarminer. It would be good to have at least short update

Back