• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Sapphire r9 280x Vapor-x vs Asus r9 280x top

fra55

Hello guys, I'm about to purchase a new 280x for mining, and here's my question...which one, in your opioni, could be better? The Asus has a pretty good hashrate and silent fan, it can be undervolted without custom bios but the new Tri-x Vapor-x seems quite interesting (low power consumption and better cooling system with low noise).
I will place the cards on a shelf, with riser cables and psu extension cables, so temperature should not be a problem.

Any suggestions?

Both are great choices, I personally love XFX's double lifetime warranty so I buy the products that qualify for it. Their new updated cooler is also pretty effective.

Yeah I own a XFX psu, but from what I can see on mining websites, Sapphire and Asus are the best for mining. That's why I was about to buy one of them.
Sapphire new Vapor-x should be less power-consuming than Asus one, but the Asus is a bit cheaper (30-40 euros)

Check the warranty on both, here the Asus comes with 3 years and the Sapphire with only 1. How much of a difference in hashing are we talking about between these two and the XFX?

Well on scrypt mining about 40-50 khashes. I don't know yet on X11, not enough info yet on hardware

Well on scrypt mining about 40-50 khashes. I don't know yet on X11, not enough info yet on hardware
I dunno, to me that's not a deal breaker. Plus should you ever decide to quit mining you will be selling a used product with a lifetime warranty to the buyer should you choose the XFX.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno, to me that's not a deal breaker. Plus should you ever decide to quit mining you will be selling a used product with a lifetime warranty to the buyer.
Well I guess you are right...the Asus seems more attractive now..:)

Back