• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Running Dash-qt on Ubuntu

bhkien

Hi,

I am trying Dash on Ubuntu but, I got the following error message:

./dash-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libQtGui.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anybody please tell me how can I fix this problem?

Thanks,

At a guess you don't have Qt installed, its the window manager used by KDE (amongst other things) and I don't think its in by default. Not sure exactly what's needed, I think you could install just the libs needed but if space etc. isn't an issue installing qt4 or any apps that depend on it through the package manager should be an easy fix.

Hi,

I am trying Dash on Ubuntu but, I got the following error message:

./dash-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libQtGui.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Anybody please tell me how can I fix this problem?

Thanks,

How are you installing? Do you have an install script?

At a guess you don't have Qt installed, its the window manager used by KDE (amongst other things) and I don't think its in by default. Not sure exactly what's needed, I think you could install just the libs needed but if space etc. isn't an issue installing qt4 or any apps that depend on it through the package manager should be an easy fix.

How can I install Qt on Ubuntu?

How can I install Qt on Ubuntu?

I'd suggest waiting for orangecycle to get back, I'm not familiar with the install scripts and it would be a good idea to use them. Running "sudo apt-get install qt4-demos" should pull in everything you need to get qt installed but there may be other dependencies, the scripts will cover all of them.

EDIT: Too late :)

Thanks for all of you to help me.

I had downloaded the wrong version, using Linux64 bits but I downloaded the wallet for Linux32 bits.

Thanks for all of you to help me.

I had downloaded the wrong version, using Linux64 bits but I downloaded the wallet for Linux32 bits.

Ahh, right :) Glad you got it sorted out, it just worked without needing anything to install anything else? Just asking out of curiosity, I'd expect ubuntu to come with Qt so was a little surprised it couldn't find it.

the 32 bit should still work on your machine even if you are 64bit (I could be wrong).

Anyways here's a video as well if you have any more trouble.

Back