• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RFP for Dash

omar

Dash needs a way to put out a Request For Proposals. In addition to a contractor being able to submit an unsolicited proposal Dash needs a way to solicit proposals.

It would be good if the Dash community could discuss what it wants and put out a RFP that provides some guidance on what Dash seeks. This could help reduce the number of iterations a contractor goes through in updating the proposal. Also this could help prevent Dash from funding a proposal which we agree to in general, but not some of the specific details. If some of the specific details could be discussed by the Dash community and provided in the RFP then the contractors would have a better idea of what to propose and we can potentially get more contractors proposing and competing to give Dash a good deal.

Currently we sit back and wait for someone who is familiar with Dash and can also offer something gets the courage to put out a proposal. A pretty big chunk of the monthly Dash budget goes unspent now because the number of people in the intersection of being familiar with Dash and having something they can offer is very small. But the world is huge and there are lots of people out there who can offer things that could be useful to Dash. However these people are not familiar with Dash, yet. Having a place where RFPs can be posted and getting the word out through bitcoin/altcoin media will help to bring these people to Dash.

I don't see the support for RFPs requiring any changes to the Dash code. It would perhaps be another section on the dash.org site where RFPs that have been been discussed in the forum and found to be popular are posted.

If an RFP system was available, one thing I would propose is a billboard for Dash. I can't offer it and maybe there isn't anyone in our community right now who can. But now that doesn't stop me from putting the idea out and maybe someone who can will see the RFP and submit a proposal. I'm sure many more great ideas will pop up if we have an RFP system in place and more of the monthly budget will be spent.

Dash needs a way to put out a Request For Proposals. In addition to a contractor being able to submit an unsolicited proposal Dash needs a way to solicit proposals.

It would be good if the Dash community could discuss what it wants and put out a RFP that provides some guidance on what Dash seeks. This could help reduce the number of iterations a contractor goes through in updating the proposal. Also this could help prevent Dash from funding a proposal which we agree to in general, but not some of the specific details. If some of the specific details could be discussed by the Dash community and provided in the RFP then the contractors would have a better idea of what to propose and we can potentially get more contractors proposing and competing to give Dash a good deal.

Currently we sit back and wait for someone who is familiar with Dash and can also offer something gets the courage to put out a proposal. A pretty big chunk of the monthly Dash budget goes unspent now because the number of people in the intersection of being familiar with Dash and having something they can offer is very small. But the world is huge and there are lots of people out there who can offer things that could be useful to Dash. However these people are not familiar with Dash, yet. Having a place where RFPs can be posted and getting the word out through bitcoin/altcoin media will help to bring these people to Dash.

I don't see the support for RFPs requiring any changes to the Dash code. It would perhaps be another section on the dash.org site where RFPs that have been been discussed in the forum and found to be popular are posted.

If an RFP system was available, one thing I would propose is a billboard for Dash. I can't offer it and maybe there isn't anyone in our community right now who can. But now that doesn't stop me from putting the idea out and maybe someone who can will see the RFP and submit a proposal. I'm sure many more great ideas will pop up if we have an RFP system in place and more of the monthly budget will be spent.

OMG omar were you reading my mind? I've just been scribbling down notes in the last few days bemoaning the Dash not getting spent every month, and how we need a way to create and deliver RFPs.

My idea was to hire someone to write and deliver them to advertising agencies to mount a full on superbowl quality ad campaign. Let's go for the big users like all the fiat users in the world. All it would take would be to get all those holders of all those fiat currencies flooding the market to be afraid that they are going to miss out if they don't get their hands on some Dash, and a self fulfilling prophecy could be initiated. We're in a race against brilliant and motivated competitors and we need to be spending every penny possible (wisely of course). As far as what Dash seeks, it is the same as anything else used as money: users!

If the community could put together RFPs (is this what bitcoin call BIPs?) and get the network to pay for them, Dash would be unstoppable.

At the moment the entire technical direction comes from the core team and they are choosing to hire directly and keep the Evolution ideas close to their chests while they work them out. It's perhaps quicker and safer (keep it secret to give Dash head start) for the network this way. But, as you say, it doesn't tap into the ocean at large.

Nothing is stopping the community from participating in the design or development. It's just not ideal given the fact that core's evolution is the main focus.

It would be nice if there were some additional tools for this. As you say, maybe a page on the website. It would be nice if there were a cheaper and more accessible master mode questioning system, to better gauge our sentiment -- perhaps even an incentivized one.

We need people to step up and start becoming known in the community and who start putting out ideas and building teams to do small projects. I think it will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back