• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Revised New (pre proposal) for masternode voters

Pass or no?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Megahashman

One time payment of 500DASH.(negotiable)

For: Mainstream implementation of DASH for use as a viable alternative to cash.

Who are we?
We are a small, yet established and expanding, Medical Marijuana dispensary in Michigan. We serve our community by providing the highest quality products at a reasonable price, to people who need them. We are continuing to expand our customer and client base everyday. And we feel that we could be a positive asset to the DASH family!

What's in it for DASH?
1. A positive increase in DASH traffic, user-base, and popularity!
2. An affiliate that will be invested in DASH's success!

The proposal:
We will strive to reach a goal of 50% or more of our sales/orders in DASH transactions, allowing for six months to reach that goal. We currently average 14k USD/WK in sales and orders combined. So our goal would be, to after six months, be doing 7k USD/WK in DASH transactions.
In order to accomplish this goal. We will offer to our customers a 10%off discount for their first three months of DASH purchases, as an incentive for them to begin to use DASH at our dispensary. We will also advertise the use of DASH as a payment method for our products on Facebook, Weedmaps, and a handful of other local affiliates, publications, and competitions. This will further encourage the mainstream use of DASH, trends tend to spread quickly in our industry!

Why should DASH pay us?
We will work tirelessly to make DASH not just an alternative payment method, but hopefully with a little help, our primary payment method, as quickly as possible! We will be offering the 10%off incentives. We will be advertising in a number of different forums. And finally, we will have to offer help to our clients/customers to explain and get them set up and using DASH. To do all of this will cost us money, time, and "manpower". We may even have to hire someone part-time to set new users up.
We believe that our efforts and faith/trust in DASH, would be more than deserving of the requested compensation.

Note: we would post monthly progress reports on dash.org

Thanks for the consideration.
Please leave thoughts and comments and take the poll! ;) depending on how poll goes, we will post links and more details about who we are. No use putting our name out there if nobody likes the idea..

EDIT: we could reduce to 250/DASH one time, but would also have to reduce the stated goal to 25%implementation and the incentives to 5% still 6months but we could add the sale of DASH merch, not sure how much we could sell, but I guess that depends how much our customers like using and holding DASH.

One more thing I hadn't really considered: is that we would have to probably liquidate about 95-97% of our dash income daily, which will cost a small percentage in transfer fees too. But we could then put the other 3-5% into a holding account to increase our stake into DASH's success . Overtime we would become more and more invested, and a larger asset to the team as a whole. I think dash could see a significant roi with funding this project.

Last edited:
The price is way too high. Take a look around and come back with a reasonable amount. I'm thinking cost of integration + Dash merch + small compensation for teaching about Dash at the shop and in social media. If you look at other proposals, those call for a LOT less Dash compensation than this proposal is calling for.

The only way I could lend my votes to something like is if I could get the personal contact info of the owner of this dispensary, and be able to verify in person while I am there. I travel often and would have to stop by and see this for myself.

I know a CPA who lives in the area and would easily be able to verify if this is possible(accepting Dash as a payment method). Please let me know if you would be willing for a personal visit this year, this is something I would love to discuss in person while I kill time in the rental car.

EDIT: To start why dont you give us the website of the shop, some info about the local area so I know who to contact for legal info, and are you the owner? Will abstain on this poll until verification and details are fine tuned.

Last edited:
DASH's inherent advantages and superiority are already available to you at no cost to either party. Just use it. Because it's better.

DASH's inherent advantages and superiority are already available to you at no cost to either party. Just use it. Because it's better.
It would be awfully hard to just convince our clients that it's better without giving some sort of incentives, unless they are already dash users, how do you expect us to implement at that level, without any cost to us? advertising cost dollars too, and brings in more users, that would help to increase the value, market cap and stability of the currency. We could continue the way we are and it wouldn't cost us a dime, yet we'd continue to grow and make money. dash wouldn't gain any value from our business at all, and the world continues to spin. I would understand you telling me to ask for less, but telling me to ask for nothing is sort of insulting. That's the idea of a pre proposal to get feedback, not "just use dash it's that simple"

Last edited:
The price is way too high. Take a look around and come back with a reasonable amount. I'm thinking cost of integration + Dash merch + small compensation for teaching about Dash at the shop and in social media. If you look at other proposals, those call for a LOT less Dash compensation than this proposal is calling for.

The only way I could lend my votes to something like is if I could get the personal contact info of the owner of this dispensary, and be able to verify in person while I am there. I travel often and would have to stop by and see this for myself.

I know a CPA who lives in the area and would easily be able to verify if this is possible(accepting Dash as a payment method). Please let me know if you would be willing for a personal visit this year, this is something I would love to discuss in person while I kill time in the rental car.

EDIT: To start why dont you give us the website of the shop, some info about the local area so I know who to contact for legal info, and are you the owner? Will abstain on this poll until verification and details are fine tuned.
Thank you for the reply, I will carefully consider your thoughts and get back to you. To answer your question I am a co-owner and CEO. I'd rather get more feedback before I commit to putting our name out there, don't need any trolls coming down on us. And if it is possible what do you think would be a more reasonable payment for this effort?

Thank you for the reply, I will carefully consider your thoughts and get back to you. To answer your question I am a co-owner and CEO. I'd rather get more feedback before I commit to putting our name out there, don't need any trolls coming down on us. And if it is possible what do you think would be a more reasonable payment for this effort?

Worry not, I am no troll. To get an idea of pricing first I think you should nail down an ironclad plan that is ready to be fine tuned. Then the community will be able to make reasonable negotiations, followed by verifying your authenticity, and feasibility.

Worry not, I am no troll. To get an idea of pricing first I think you should nail down an ironclad plan that is ready to be fine tuned. Then the community will be able to make reasonable negotiations, followed by verifying your authenticity, and feasibility.
I didn't think you were! lol. Just reluctant in today's internet climate is all. And I'm currently fine tuning the idea on this forum, I will check into the legality and feasibility, aspects and get back with some solid figures and authentication links and info. As soon as I can gauge a bit more reaction; this post is still young. I like dash enough to promote it, and will continue to try to find ways to be useful, and bring value to the dash community.

You should start small with this proposal, gain the trust of the community and ask for more in further proposals as positive results are visibly generated. Why do people go all out with their first proposal asking for considerably large sums of money. Why not launch this initiative asking for (5-10)k and get a feel for it's visibility. The more dedication we see from your end in making it work with limited resources the more likely we will be to form a lasting relationship with you and your business via the approval of future proposals.

You should start small with this proposal, gain the trust of the community and ask for more in further proposals as positive results are visibly generated. Why do people go all out with their first proposal asking for considerably large sums of money. Why not launch this initiative asking for (5-10)k and get a feel for it's visibility. The more dedication we see from your end in making it work with limited resources the more likely we will be to form a lasting relationship with you and your business via the approval of future proposals.
this sounds reasonable to me, I agree that a smaller start to a relationship with the dash community would be easier to pass, but I wasn't just going for easy, and I'd love to hit the ground running. I am continuing to revise this idea so that everyone can be comfortable with it. Thanks for the feedback:) I appreciate it

ok, as far as feasibility goes, I believe that in our line of business, people will easily agree to pay us however we prefer, as they are just happy to have the products available to them in a professional forum. And as far as legality and IRS is concerned, it is my understanding that VCs are considered property not currency and therefore they fall into an area where you can accept them, but any actual USD that's gained by doing so will have to be claimed as self employment.(the CPAs around here are pretty open about it) Medical Marijuana is currently not taxed by state sales tax, and gains already have to be claimed as self employment, so that shouldn't be an issue either. Not sure how that works if you are accepting DASH for "taxable goods" probably still pay tax for determined MSRP, but that's not what we are discussing yet. Hope this clears things up a little with your concerns.

Last edited:
Back