• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Retailer How-To Setup

bigrcanada

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Hi Dash. Well...we are finally 2 weeks away from launching the new winery site. We are looking for a great Bitcoin/DASH implementation info site for online retail as well as into our POS system. We currently use Shopkeep for our POS system software.

Any easy to follow step by step links for our web design firm to follow on how to implement crypto payments into our shopping cart would be great! I'll post this over on Dashtalk as well would be much appreciated.

PS: My main account was blocked over on bitcointalk. It should be unblocked in the next couple of days. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
We really need to set something up for this. I could certainly do some testing for ease of use for the Foundation for sure. But this in my opinion is crucial. We need to make this easier for us physical and online stores to create a awareness. Its disappointing that this is not even a real focus or on the radar. I know several physical stores in our city that would gladly take Bitcoin/Dash (I do alot of local business).

This needs to start on the grass roots. Anyone on the Dev team want to work with me on this?!?

Just a thought, BigR, maybe you want to use WordPress. They have plugins for crypto currency payments. I looked at it a little, but my memory is bad, and I never implemented anything. But my husband's website is done with WordPress.

But then again, this might not give you the professional results you're looking for, so???

We really need to set something up for this. I could certainly do some testing for ease of use for the Foundation for sure. But this in my opinion is crucial. We need to make this easier for us physical and online stores to create a awareness. Its disappointing that this is not even a real focus or on the radar. I know several physical stores in our city that would gladly take Bitcoin/Dash (I do alot of local business).

This needs to start on the grass roots. Anyone on the Dev team want to work with me on this?!?

I'd love something like this -- something like Bitpay but for Dash. Or an open-source version that anyone (merchants) can host themselves, which conceivably wouldn't be too hard.

The only problem is than an address indexer for every address would be needed (something that's not native to the Dash reference software) so that you know when you've received a payment. Of course I would highly recommend it being BIP32 and not re-using addresses.

I'm really disappointed that Thomas V (Electrum's creator) isn't that interested in interoperability with the BIP standards. It would go hand-in-hand with something like this. Of course, you could also choose to use Electrum MPK's for the same thing.

I'd love to work on something like this if anyone's interested in collaborating, putting something up on Github.

Our web team has built the site on Wordpress. I will have a look at the above links later this evening.

I firmly believe DASH should lead the this front with having these FAQ's on our own DASH website. There should be a step-by-step how to have a merchant accept not only DASH buy Bitcoin...as it will be probable that the merchant will have to transact in BTC as well.

This should be taken up by our dev team...with the steps to do so explaining the cash flow laid out clearly for adoption. I would even sponsor a simple video on the set up process.

Our web company has never dealt in BTC and other then some tid bits on the the news know NOTHING about crypto currency. They are intrigued to be one of the first to set this up for a winery. I really need some help as I can not do this and lack the skills to do so...I would love someone to contact Luke our team lead on this.

Any ideas? I know I've asked about this several times in the past year and a half.

Richard

Agreed. I think in the early days, there were people who went way out of their way to help stores set up. When Overstock decided to take Bitcoin, I believe there was a bitcoin group that went there and set the whole thing up for them. I heard this from one of the online recorded talks from Patrick Byrne If I remember right, he said he was up and running in a week.

from https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merchant_Howto

there are one easy to do to accept Btc without putting risk or running hotwallet which is using pregenerated wallet address.

just generate like 10000 address in your offline comp then store the address (not the private key) as database in server. then you can check payment via blockexplorer.
its not ideal, but safer and easier than any other mechanism.

btw also check this http://miohtama.github.io/bitcoinaddress.js/

Our web team has built the site on Wordpress. I will have a look at the above links later this evening.

I firmly believe DASH should lead the this front with having these FAQ's on our own DASH website. There should be a step-by-step how to have a merchant accept not only DASH buy Bitcoin...as it will be probable that the merchant will have to transact in BTC as well.

This should be taken up by our dev team...with the steps to do so explaining the cash flow laid out clearly for adoption. I would even sponsor a simple video on the set up process.

Our web company has never dealt in BTC and other then some tid bits on the the news know NOTHING about crypto currency. They are intrigued to be one of the first to set this up for a winery. I really need some help as I can not do this and lack the skills to do so...I would love someone to contact Luke our team lead on this.

Any ideas? I know I've asked about this several times in the past year and a half.

Richard

from https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merchant_Howto

there are one easy to do to accept Btc without putting risk or running hotwallet which is using pregenerated wallet address.

just generate like 10000 address in your offline comp then store the address (not the private key) as database in server. then you can check payment via blockexplorer.
its not ideal, but safer and easier than any other mechanism.

btw also check this http://miohtama.github.io/bitcoinaddress.js/

And see, in here lies the problem...most of us..this goes straight over our heads. There needs to be a simpler way of doing this....without github etc etc. The issue with crypto's is its those that are techies that developing it...but to get it to have utility...it needs to be simpler then PayPal, both in setup and in use.

Can it be done? A clean plug in widget that requires NO tech knowledge?

I believe it will be done with the upcoming DAPI. But for now, I think https://gourl.io/ is one of the top crypto payment systems that work on word press, and they do Dash among other cryptos, which you can see on that page if you scroll down. I'd check out reviews, etc... just to make sure it's still working well and that there are no new complaints as it's been months since I looked into this :)

I would think that it would be far more advantageous that DASH develop and neat, simple and complete system to help retailers. No offense, but I went to the gourl.io site. Not professional.

I think what is lacking is Dev team/ Retail team collaboration. If we can build out such a beautiful coin/currency...I know we can do the same for a great, slick way of informing people like my web team on how to add crypto payment options. What would this cost?

Ok...so lets start with step one....what are people on here recommending for a Bitcoin processor. Lets start there....what users here recommending? I've looked at several...is there any personal favorites?

I know a soon-to-be vacated website they could use...:cool:

Yes! It's sad to see such a great opportunity but don't have the skills to start yourself. Hardest part is going to be to handle the FIAT part and the law suff that belongs to it, I guess. Anyway a big project in general.

Btw, what eCommerce system you are going to use bigrcanada? If you only need to receive the payments in Dash and not converted to fiat, maybe someone could create a plugin.

And see, in here lies the problem...most of us..this goes straight over our heads. There needs to be a simpler way of doing this....without github etc etc. The issue with crypto's is its those that are techies that developing it...but to get it to have utility...it needs to be simpler then PayPal, both in setup and in use.

Can it be done? A clean plug in widget that requires NO tech knowledge?

if you just need to show the wallet address, there would be very easy to code but harder for user. but im sure you want to show QR code with usd amount etc then you cant do it with simple command, you will need to code for more ease of use.

Ok...so lets start with step one....what are people on here recommending for a Bitcoin processor. Lets start there....what users here recommending? I've looked at several...is there any personal favorites?

Zen Cart® truly is the art of e-commerce; free, user-friendly, open source shopping cart software.
https://www.zen-cart.com/index.php

Payment processor which integrated to above shopping chart software
https://www.gocoin.com/

Btw, what eCommerce system you are going to use bigrcanada? If you only need to receive the payments in Dash and not converted to fiat, maybe someone could create a plugin.
That is all I'm really looking for....both for BTC and DASH. I would have the coins go to a special wallet that I can then trade for fiat at a later date or use to buy other services. I would need it to pool the latest currency pricing and then record that in some manner for our bean counters. This is important stuff.... ;)

Back