• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Request for Proposal

feedbands

In Venture Capital, there is a term RFB, or request for business. Sometimes, venture capitalists have a clear idea of the kind of business they would like to invest in, but no entrepreneurs are approaching them with such businesses. They would be happy to invest in any qualified team who wants to tackle the problem.

I think it would be great if Dash had a similar system. Masternodes could submit and maybe even vote on the types of proposals they would like to see, and then people or teams could assemble to make such a proposal.

For example, masternodes could say, "We would like to see a proposal for someone to begin training a sales team to approach merchants to integrate Dash"

and then people with relevant training and background could step up and say, "We would be well suited for this proposal and here's why..."

Do folks think a system like this would be valuable?

I think a system like this would be very useful, but like all great ideas, we need someone to be able to execute it. In the long term that could maybe be incorporated into DashBoost

Maybe an experiment could be conducted in this forum. A thread where Masternodes can post their RFP in order to get feedback from other MN in order to determine which RFPs the community agree on. Then each approved RFP can be posted on a subthread where people can apply. Although, I doubt MN want to go through all that trouble.
By the way, congrats on your Music Fest Proposal.

I actually really like that idea to utilize the forum. And it doesn't have to be masternodes who request proposals, it could be anyone with a great idea that has community support. Millionaires aren't the only ones with good ideas :)

And it doesn't have to be masternodes who request proposals
formal rfp proposals are much needed. but they need to be voted on by the mn. that's the only way the project has any chance to get funding when they put up the proposal. mn need to agree on project functionality, project execution milestones and budget.

I actually really like that idea to utilize the forum. And it doesn't have to be masternodes who request proposals, it could be anyone with a great idea that has community support. Millionaires aren't the only ones with good ideas :)
But then it would be pretty much the system that is currently going on, wouldn´t it? Perhaps anyone with a good idea could send out a RFP but MN would have to agree on it before letting anyone apply for the task.

I would just really like to see someone propose to start training a sales team to systematically begin acquiring merchants.

I would just really like to see someone propose to start training a sales team to systematically begin acquiring merchants.
i disagree. we should build a platform so good, merchants will pay to have it implemented. anything else is a waste of money and time.

Back