• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Renewed Core wallet but my Masternodes not listed under MN tab

Looking for advice thanks…. (too scared to experiment myself - not a tech geek)
My iMac (2011) crashed big time so I renewed my core wallet via the wallet.dat on a MacBook Pro (2016) model laptop.
With the wallet Masternodes tab in place, when I open the MN tab, I can't see my list of masternodes that I could see listed on my prior wallet.
How do I restore the list of my masternodes under the masternodes tab?

thanks in advance…:)

copy the file masternode.conf from your iMac to your MacBook Pro (~/Library/Application Support/DashCore).
Thank you so much. This has taught me a lesson. I need to store more than just the wallet.dat in a safe place. I will save the masternode.conf too and the mncache.dat (not sure what the cache does but I replaced it :)

copy the file masternode.conf from your iMac to your MacBook Pro (~/Library/Application Support/DashCore).
OK…please ease my non-tech mind ……this is highly embarrassing…..what if I no longer have the masternode.conf files (I trashed them!/ gone/ thought they were saved but are not!!)
1) I have my MN pub & pvt keys recorded on a document (and PDF) so I gather I always have access to the Dash (and I know my wallet passphrase). I am I correct?
2) My MNs are hosted by Node40. Do I need to set them up all over again to get new masternode.conf files?
Thanks in advance…..

OK…please ease my non-tech mind ……this is highly embarrassing…..what if I no longer have the masternode.conf files (I trashed them!/ gone/ thought they were saved but are not!!)
1) I have my MN pub & pvt keys recorded on a document (and PDF) so I gather I always have access to the Dash (and I know my wallet passphrase). I am I correct?
2) My MNs are hosted by Node40. Do I need to set them up all over again to get new masternode.conf files?
Thanks in advance…..

no problem. You don't really need this file or you can generate a new one:
1) perfect, create a new file (Format: alias IP:port masternodeprivkey collateral_output_txid collateral_output_index)
2) no, you only have to recreate the masternode.conf file locally

Hi, I have my Dash Core on my MacBook Pro after moving the wallet from my desktop Mac. When I go to /Library ....there is no DashCore folder there to open!
I want to open it and save the various dat files including the mncache.dat file ( I want an updated mncache to save on a memory stick due to installing a new mn) . Please help ...cheers from Sydney Australia

Hi, I have my Dash Core on my MacBook Pro after moving the wallet from my desktop Mac. When I go to /Library ....there is no DashCore folder there to open!
I want to open it and save the various dat files including the mncache.dat file ( I want an updated mncache to save on a memory stick due to installing a new mn) . Please help ...cheers from Sydney Australia

- do u have dashcore installed and synced ?
(without that no dashcore folder is created )

- Dashcore folder is in user - library -....
not library .... !
(if user - library is hidden / Mac Default - unhide - follow guide)

Back