• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Removal of the Private Send Feature

-crypto

Masternode Owner/Operator
Private send is becoming more trouble than it's worth if it's causing us to be delisted. With the hope that we can create a broader userbase through greater availability, I propose that we remove the feature for the time being to avoid confusion by exchanges trying to comply with anti-money laundering regulations. If and when it makes sense to reimplement a layer of anonymity for sends, we should reimagine and improve upon the way that it was done in the past, then release it as a new improved feature.

I was referring to Bittrex's intention to delist Dash on the 15th and the Dash's official Twitter response "Dash’s privacy functionality is no greater than Bitcoin’s, making the label of “privacy coin” a misnomer for Dash." I don't find that response to be a strong enough argument to stop the wave of delistings that will surely follow should Bittrex not be swayed. I also find it a bit dishonest to claim that Dash's privacy functionality is no greater than Bitcoin's. We have a "Private Send" option built into our wallet. It makes sense we are being considered a "privacy coin". Bitcoin doesn't have that feature, nor do they have a network of Masternodes to process the mixing.

How about not changing anything ?

lxUv0Hy.jpg

Source : https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/...-and-european-union-step-1.50201/#post-223131

Privacy is a Natural Right. Natural rights and legal rights are the two basic types of rights.

Natural rights are those that are not dependent on the laws or customs of any particular culture or government, and so are universal, fundamental and inalienable (they cannot be repealed by human laws, though one can forfeit their enjoyment through one's actions, such as by violating someone else's rights).

Privacy is a Natural Right. Natural rights and legal rights are the two basic types of rights.

Natural rights are those that are not dependent on the laws or customs of any particular culture or government, and so are universal, fundamental and inalienable (they cannot be repealed by human laws, though one can forfeit their enjoyment through one's actions, such as by violating someone else's rights).
Although I see your point, I also love this George Carlin quote:
"Rights aren't rights if someone can take them away. They're privileges. That's all we've ever had in this country, is a bill of temporary privileges. And if you read the news even badly, you know that every year the list gets shorter and shorter."

Back