• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

registering the masternode on the blockchain

sj231

Hi,

I have been trying to update my masternode to v0.13. I went through a guide and updated the wallet and the masternode on the VPS.

I am running into a problem when I try to Register the masternode on the blockchain. When I input the "protx register_ prepare" command along with the long string of values into the debug console. I get the following message back.

No funds at specified address (code -32603)

All of the values in string were created today and the collateralHash and collateralindex are from my initial masternode setup from a few months ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can't register deterministic masternodes before the update is actived, but I think you should be able to prepare the transaction (it just wont be broadcasted).

Did you follow https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/dip3-upgrade.html#masternode-registration-from-dash-core ?

Does your "payoutAddress" contain enough funds to pay the transaction fee or did you provide a "feeSourceAddress"?

I think the update will be activated either at the beginning of March or at the beginning of April because the update will reset budget proposal votes.

Back