• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Redacted

Would you like this proposal to be funded?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
While I like this and the previous proposal will vote for it. It is still quite expensive which I think was the main reason the last one failed. So please make sure you have enough support before submitting.

Yes I agree it is a little expensive. In my opinion, this is a project that should be funded but wait until a decent feedback traffic to analize differents opinions. Good Luck

Thanks.

Do you think we should reduce any of the items?

We hope it passes so we can strengthen DASH in Africa.
Just looking over the top, i see that incentive of $70 per business you could bring it down to 40-50, so you could save some money. Also consider reviewing your giveaway and publicity prices (if that's the price ok)

I've been over this with @rotc to reduce any excessive expenses.
People have to recognize that this isn't just hiring a few ambassadors or making a few meetups.
This is making big moves to sponsor a major conference, on-board users, merchants, schools and train ambassadors in 7 countries in Africa!

If you have concerns about the "size" of the ask, feel free to offer suggestions on improvements.
In my opinion, it's time to start making Dash a staple crypto in Africa and this will go a long way to that end.

Also, rotc added the Coinfest sponsorship, which will be a big advantage if MNOs want Dash to have major visibility in Africa.

Phase 2 will roll out with point-of-sale system from BitPlus (or better) to empower the users, merchants and schools that have signed up in this Phase 1.
This will provide the complete economic ecosystem that is necessary for Dash to take hold and become Africa's cryptocurrency of choice!

Let's do this!

N
Just looking over the top, i see that incentive of $70 per business you could bring it down to 40-50, so you could save some money. Also consider reviewing your giveaway and publicity prices (if that's the price ok)
Noted. I'd review that with the team. Thanks again

I've been over this with @rotc to reduce any excessive expenses.
People have to recognize that this isn't just hiring a few ambassadors or making a few meetups.
This is making big moves to sponsor a major conference, on-board users, merchants, schools and train ambassadors in 7 countries in Africa!

If you have concerns about the "size" of the ask, feel free to offer suggestions on improvements.
In my opinion, it's time to start making Dash a staple crypto in Africa and this will go a long way to that end.

Also, rotc added the Coinfest sponsorship, which will be a big advantage if MNOs want Dash to have major visibility in Africa.

Phase 2 will roll out with point-of-sale system from BitPlus (or better) to empower the users, merchants and schools that have signed up in this Phase 1.
This will provide the complete economic ecosystem that is necessary for Dash to take hold and become Africa's cryptocurrency of choice!

Let's do this!
Thanks greatly

Honestly, having looked over your pre-proposal, I think this is a good step toward continuing to lay a foundation for movement on the level that we're seeing in Venezuela and elsewhere. I would encourage you to continue to reach out to others who have had successful proposals and more importantly successful outreach in other nations already to see what has worked well for them and what hasn't. Obviously there are going to be different needs and different approaches in different areas based on culture, socio-economic conditions, etc, but by working together and learning from the other projects that are already underway, a lot of the work you might otherwise have to do could have already been done, problems already solved by others, so I hope some of the Venezuela teams can comment on this with suggestions based on their experiences.

Some questions I had about the specifics of your proposal include the following:

1. You'll be making quite a few radio appearances. How widespread is the reach of these radio stations? Is radio a form of media that is very popular in these regions? Is radio generally considered a valuable or trustworthy source of information?
2. With the exchanges you intend to set up, who will be staffing them, how long will they operate, what kind of hours/accessibility will these burgeoning ecosystems have to them? It's great that you identified this as one of the barriers that you're trying to solve, but how do you plan to implement these exchanges in a way that solves the problems identified from your interviews?

Back