• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Recover my DarkCoin

powka

Hello everyone,

I haven't been around since 2014. Just found my DarkCoin wallet but it says unsyncronized and shows 0.00 DRK? Last block available says 212 weeks after. Can't seem to sync it to where it was?

Is there any way for me to recover my darkcoins?
Thank you!

Hi powka!

You need to get a copy of your wallet.dat file. Store it in a couple of places to keep it safe, just in case you make a mistake. Then install the latest version of Dash, start it once, close it, then copy the wallet file into the DashCore folder.

Full instructions here:

If the .dat file is gone but I still have the old progream (though it says undyncronized) the coins are gone?

If you have the old program, then you have the .dat file on your system. I don't know if you are on macOS/Windows/Linux, but it should be in the application data folder described in that documentation link I sent you, e.g. "%APPDATA%/Darkcoin" folder under Windows. You can also find it by going to "Tools -> Show Automatic Backups" and then go up one folder level. All your blockchain and wallet.dat files should be in there. Shut down the Darkcoin wallet and make a backup before you try and restore it, good luck!

If you have the old program, then you have the .dat file on your system. I don't know if you are on macOS/Windows/Linux, but it should be in the application data folder described in that documentation link I sent you, e.g. "%APPDATA%/Darkcoin" folder under Windows. You can also find it by going to "Tools -> Show Automatic Backups" and then go up one folder level. All your blockchain and wallet.dat files should be in there. Shut down the Darkcoin wallet and make a backup before you try and restore it, good luck!

The thing is my wallet has been on a secondary disk and I've re-installed windows which means that the %APPDATA% folder is gone from that disk but I still have the program. I can still see my address for receiving darkcoins. Using a PC btw my built date is: May 20 2014, 08:27:58 - last block time: sunday 19. jan 02:40:18 2014, EST BLOCKS: 68899

so is my coins gone? damn, shame in that case, I had 21 of them. If you find a solution ill send you 3 coins! thanks

If the program is able to start and display your balance, then I believe your wallet file must exist somewhere.... If you start it without an existing wallet file, it will usually create a new file and display a zero balance.

If the program is able to start and display your balance, then I believe your wallet file must exist somewhere.... If you start it without an existing wallet file, it will usually create a new file and display a zero balance.

Ok, then my program created a new file, because it currently shows zero balance.

Ah ok - bad luck then. I thought you were still seeing a balance of 21.

It's worth having a good look around and running searches for the wallet file anyway, but if you deleted your entire %APPDATA% folder without a backup during your Windows upgrade then your wallet is probably gone too. If it was an in-place upgrade you might still have folders like Windows.old or Windows10Upgrade, or maybe the Windows backup app or something similar made a copy on an external drive. Otherwise... it's gone. Sorry mate.

Back