• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rate the Forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty easy to understand these rules to not violate them!
Pretty easy also to misinterpret these rules, in case you want to censor whatever opinion is against the agenda of the mods. Especially when you delete whole messages without leaving traces (traces that can be used as the proof of the misinterpretation).

Pretty easy also to misinterpret these rules, in case you want to censor whatever opinion is against the agenda of the mods. Especially when you delete whole messages without leaving traces (traces that can be used as the proof of the misinterpretation).
Why do you think I'm censoring opinion? Your posts contain speculative assertions posted as fact. This is against the rules. Form an opinion, post it within the framework of the rules, and I will not touch it. Did you even read the rules? Do you understand them? Do you honestly think the masternodes would support me if I moderated the way you say? We all know what happened with BTC because of censorship, that's not going to happen here.

Pretty easy to understand these rules to not violate them!
Right?

<rule>
Rule3: Dash forum users shall not attempt to pass unproven speculation as fact. This is actually a big deal, and can lead communities down a very bad road. We saw this first hand in the first, failed Dash chat. People who are allowed to push a narrative that has no factual basis can create division and animosity to the point that the whole chat can fall apart. This is not a situation that we want to see in Dash, so this is a non-negotiable rule in our forums. It’s fine if you make it clear that something is your opinion, but not if you make it a statement as fact.
</rule>

<rule 3 amendment 1>
Rule3: Dash forum users shall not attempt to pass unproven speculation as fact, <+>unless they clearly state that whatever it is said is a personal opinion and not a fact</+>.
This is actually a big deal, and can lead communities down a very bad road. We saw this first hand in the first, failed Dash chat. People who are allowed to push a narrative that has no factual basis can create division and animosity to the point that the whole chat can fall apart. This is not a situation that we want to see in Dash, so this is a non-negotiable rule in our forums. It’s fine if you make it clear that something is your opinion, but not if you make it a statement as fact.
<rule>

In my opinion that amendment is unnecessary because if you state that something is an opinion then it's not trying to pass it as a fact.

What I added as amendment is already mentioned at the end of the rule.
It already says:
"It’s fine if you make it clear that something is your opinion, but not if you make it a statement as fact."

In some messages of mine that have been deleted having as reason "speculations as fact" I used words like "I think" "I believe" e.t.c. as an indication that they are opinions. I cannot prove this of course because my messages have been deleted and gone for ever. (and as long as I say I cannot prove it, this is an indication that I state it is a speculation. I am saying this to prevent another deletion)

I just wanted the "personal opinion" clarification to be in the first line and not in the last, and to be bold , for the moderatots to be more careful in the future.

<rule>
Rule1: Dash forum users shall treat each other with respect and dignity. This means to encourage each other, push each other towards success, because each individual’s success leads to Dash’s success. At no time should anyone engage in ad hominem attacks with another. To do so is counter-productive and introduces a negative element to the Dash community. Please debate others on their points, not who they are.
</rule>
<rule1 amendment 1>>
Rule1: Dash forum users shall treat <+>eponymous people</+> with respect and dignity. This means to encourage <+>eponymous people</+>, push <+>eponymous people</+> towards success, because each <+>eponymous</+>’s success leads to Dash’s success. At no time should anyone engage in ad hominem attacks with another <+>unless they are anonymous. The risk of lawsuits by eponymous people</+> is counter-productive and introduces a negative element to the Dash community. Debate others on their points, not who they are, <+>unless they are anonymous.</+>
</rule>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back