• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Rate the Forum rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

demo

http://www.dashnation.com/get-involved/dash-forums-rules-and-expectations.
I will post every rule in a new post. If you like or dislike the rule, rate it accordinly.
  • You may also post a new rule if you like, or a rule amendment, and see how people rate it.
  • Note that you can see who rated every rule, so in case someone subscribes a lot of accounts and vote, this is visible and spotable.
  • Also note that if a rule is not rated at all, this may mean that it is not a legitimate and valid rule because nobody really cares about this rule.
  • So do rate your favorite rules, if you want other people to consider them as valid and legitimate ones.

Last edited:
@TaoOfSatoshi currently imposes the following rule into the forum by implementing this decision (and by ignoring the other one )
<rule>
Rule1: Dash forum users shall treat each other with respect and dignity. This means to encourage each other, push each other towards success, because each individual’s success leads to Dash’s success. At no time should anyone engage in ad hominem attacks with another. To do so is counter-productive and introduces a negative element to the Dash community. Please debate others on their points, not who they are.
</rule>

@demo proposed an amendment to the rule, which you may vote it as well.

Last edited:
<rule>
Rule2:
Dash forum users shall not use profanity.
While profanity may be a big part of some people’s way of speaking, it has no place in a semi-professional environment. Investors curious about Dash will no doubt visit this hotbed of community activity, and if we can keep the language clean, that will set us apart from other crypto chats. Aggressive language can lead to confusion and intimidation, no matter what the context. Please keep that in mind.
</rule>

<rule>
Rule3:
Dash forum users shall not attempt to pass unproven speculation as fact.
This is actually a big deal, and can lead communities down a very bad road. We saw this first hand in the first, failed Dash chat. People who are allowed to push a narrative that has no factual basis can create division and animosity to the point that the whole chat can fall apart. This is not a situation that we want to see in Dash, so this is a non-negotiable rule in our forums. It’s fine if you make it clear that something is your opinion, but not if you make it a statement as fact.
</rule>

<rule>
Rule4: Dash forum users shall use extreme care to not misrepresent what they are arguing against. Ask clarifying questions before casting potentially inflammatory misrepresentation.
</rule>

<rule>
Rule6: Dash forum users shall not solicit via Direct Messaging: Soliciting for whatever reason in DMs is strictly not allowed. If you are solicited for whatever reason in DMs, please report it to a member of the moderation team. This list will be posted below, and updated as it changes. Soliciting includes but is not limited to shilling for altcoins, trying to collect money for a proposal fee, selling something privately, or asking for loans. These members cannot be trusted, and often try to trick you with names that seem official, but have slight variations in spelling from the real person. No member of the moderation team will ever solicit you via PM.
</rule>

<rule>
Rule7: Dash forum users shall not post personal advertising.
Dash forums are not places for posting of promotional codes or referral links to anything for personal gain. Such messages, if discovered, will be deleted immediately. Please also be wary of people sending you these codes via PM.
</rule>

<rule>
Rule8: Dash forum users shall not harass one another:
It is a priority of the Dash moderation team to provide environments where everyone feels safe, comfortable and respected. It is expected that no member be subjected to constant messaging and badgering from another member. If you feel you are being harassed by another member, please bring it to the attention of a member of the forum’s moderation team. First time offenders will get a warning, and if found violating this rule a second time, will be banned from our forums.
</rule>

<rule>
Rule9:
Dash forum users shall not create low or non-value threads.
To create a pleasant reading environment for Dash enthusiasts, threads that are deemed to be non to low-value will be deleted without comment. Examples of this are “When is the price going up?” or “I wish I had bought sooner.”
</rule>

<rule>
Rule10:
Dash forum users shall not needlessly bump necro-threads.
You may be bored, but if you have nothing of value to add to these long-forgotten threads, please leave them in the past.
</rule>

@demo proposes the following rule:
<rule>
Rule 11: Whenever a post is deleted for whatever reason, the moderator ought to send the text of the deleted post to the user in a private message. This action must be automated by writing the appropriate code / plug-in.
</rule>

Last edited:
@Antti Kaikkonen proposes the following rule:
<rule>
Infected Files: Posting, linking to, or distributing viruses, trojans, worms, malware and any other malicious pieces of software, in any form, is not tolerated. This also includes topics on the creation and or distribution of the aforementioned items.
</rule>
The interpretation of this rule should include threads like these: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/phoenixminer_v3-0-10-profit.40060/ https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/cpu-jce-miner-cryptonight-forks-brand-new-super-fast.39976/

@demo proposes the following rule:
<rule>
Rule 11 : Whenever a posting is deleted for whatever reason, the moderator ought to send the text to the user as a private message. This action should be automated by writting the appropriate code/plugin.
</rule>
This already is my standard procedure, I can’t speak for other moderators.

This already is my standard procedure, I can’t speak for other moderators.

Have you ever send me in private message the post that has been deleted? Never!

Rarely, some anonymous moderator sents me a warning that my post has been deleted (is it you? if it is you then why dont you sign your action with your nickname?) But no one has ever send me in a private message the text of the deleted post. Like if they want to erase the traces of their action. Like if they want to minimize the chance for me to re-edit it, to delete the offensive words and phrases (which I have to guess where they are!) and to re-post it, in order to be able to pass the essence of my message to the community.

Why cant you speak for other moderators? Does every moderator has his own rules? What kind of moderation scheme is this, that allows two moderators to behave differently in similar cases? Either you are right when informing the forum users about the deletion, and the rest moderators are wrong , or vice versa. This inconsistency and this double stantard is unfriendly and hostile, for both old and new forum users

Last edited:
Have you ever send me in private message the post that has been deleted? Never!

Rarely, some anonymous moderator sents me a warning that my post has been deleted (is it you? if it is you then why dont you sign your action with your nickname?) But no one has ever send me in a private message the text of the deleted post. Like if they want to erase the traces of their action. Like if they want to minimize the chance for me to re-edit it, to delete the offensive words and phrases (which I have to guess where they are!) and to re-post it, in order to be able to pass the essence of my message to the community.

Why cant you speak for other moderators? Does every moderator has his own rules? What kind of moderation scheme is this, that allows two moderators to behave differently in similar cases? Either you are right when informing the forum users about the deletion, and the rest moderators are wrong , or vice versa. This inconsistency and this double stantard is unfriendly and hostile, for both old and new forum users
Demo, the rules are clearly posted here:
http://www.dashnation.com/get-involved/dash-forums-rules-and-expectations/
If your posts do not violate any of these rules, you will not hear from me. That’s the bottom line. The rest is just a song and dance.

Your rules are not approved by the masternodes. You are speculating as fact wnen saying that.
In the strictest sense of the term, yes, you’re right, the individual rules were not voted on by the masternodes. But the proposal to expand my moderation services and by extension the rules from Discord that made it successful was supported by the MNs.

... send me in a private message the text of the deleted post. ... to re-edit it, to delete the offensive words and phrases ... and to re-post it, in order to be able to pass the essence of my message to the community ...
@TaoOfSatoshi this ^^^ will be very simple and good solution in situations like with HedgedAndLevered. I understood your position, but try to be in other side’s shoes. Believe me it's very disappointing when someone with one click erases all your efforts. Please consider it. I believe that simple copy&paste with the message that this post was deleted will make people not so angry, because they will be able to fix the problem in their message and not write the entire text again (It can be tough for non-english speakers. I've spent half of hour just to write this post with proper idiom (about shoes) ;) It will be good to value the time and efforts of other people).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back