• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Questions About Dash Evolution

ScioMind

So, I have been reading about Dash Evolution, but am unsure about a couple of things. I do understand that there are all sort of technical advances here, but I am trying to get the main gist of it.

From my understanding, it seems that Dash Evolution will be (among other things) a sort of "peer-to-peer eBay." Is this true?

Also, I am not sure whether Dash Evolution entails some new sort of currency or coin OTHER than the currently existing Dash, or if it will use Dash itself. Am I going to need to obtain this new coin at some point, or is the Dash which I already own the currency to be used for Dash Evolution?

So, I have been reading about Dash Evolution, but am unsure about a couple of things. I do understand that there are all sort of technical advances here, but I am trying to get the main gist of it.

From my understanding, it seems that Dash Evolution will be (among other things) a sort of "peer-to-peer eBay." Is this true?

Also, I am not sure whether Dash Evolution entails some new sort of currency or coin OTHER than the currently existing Dash, or if it will use Dash itself. Am I going to need to obtain this new coin at some point, or is the Dash which I already own the currency to be used for Dash Evolution?

hey
short version
- same coin (dash is and will be dash ) and only that
- not eBay but PayPal Decentralized

The basic premise of Evolution is to make it accessible to the vast majority in term of simplicity of use. Like tungfa said, a Decentrlised PayPal sort of experience.

With Evo, we'll be attacking two major entry point barriers. FIAT - Dash - FIAT conversion, and technological streamline. Users will have all the benefits of cryptos without having to worry about public and private keys, blockchain storage, backups, etc.

More is also being cooked in Evan's mind, but too soon comment on.

Ok. Thanks for the responses. My "eBay" comment came from misunderstanding that Evolution, among other things, was going to entail something like OpenBazaar, but specifically for dash. I appreciate you guys clearing this up for me.

So...does Evolution mean that someone will be able to use a normal credit/debit card for a transaction? They will pay in fiat, someone "in the middle" will exchange the fiat for dash (taking their own cut of course) and the seller will get paid in dash? Or is this just a simpler way to pay directly in dash?

No, what would be the point in that if people ended up using fiat after all?

The goal is to make the use of cryptocurrency as easy as possible. People get the chance to convert their fiat to Dash seamlessly soon but that's a seperate project and has little to do with Evolution.

Evolution is about removing the complexity of crypto and make payments as easy as clicking a "Send" button on PayPal and as secure as handing someone a wad of dollar bills. You will be able to add contacts/friends in your (mobile-)wallet without having to know their addresses. You will be able to run decentralized apps and smart contracts utilizing the Masternode network to automate things like for example a recurring payment to a subscription service. You will be able to vote on proposals easily from within your wallet without hassling with the CLI. Dash will become a Swiss Army Knife for everything finance.

Looking forward to Dash Evolution release by the end of the year!

Question: How are private keys managed in Evolution? I'm worried that if I'm able to access and spend my funds from just any computer or device, that my private keys are going to be more easily hackable.

Back