• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Purchase feedback - Have not received giants from JasonHan

JasonY

In April 2017, I decided I wanted to do some Dash mining and be a part of the Dash community, so I was looking for some Baikal miners for sale, because I tried to purchase a couple from Baikal, but was unable to do so before they sold out. I saw that a member of this web forum, JasonHan, was selling Baikal giants at a decent price so I was quite interested in purchasing a couple. I checked Jason’s postings and the several positive feedback postings he received from other members who purchased Dash miners through him.

I corresponded with him via the Dash forum messaging and he mentioned that he would be able to get a couple Dash miners in 1-2 weeks, but needed Bitcoin transferred to him to hold my spot in line and also to purchase the Dash miners from a third party.

On April 27th 2017, I sent JasonHan 6.71823883 BTC (worth $8,974.90 USD) to his Bitcoin address 1eB8sNvgeJ6Knnec4XXyuHYMvRHq3KHJk from my Coinbase account for 2 Baikal giant miners (and shipping costs) and sent him a message to make sure he confirmed he received my payment.

JasonHan confirmed he received my payment and said that he should get the 2 miners in next week and would be able to ship them out.

Needless to say, it is June 1st 2017, and I still have not received my 2 miners or a refund.

I corresponded with JasonHan numerous times from April 27th to this week, and there was always some issue – confusion with my order and previous orders that had already been shipped, national holiday in South Korea, the two miners that were supposed to be shipped out didn’t pass a stress test, etc.

On May 18th 2017, JasonHan finally replied that they were unable to get more Baikal giants because there was a “low supply everywhere” and that he would refund my payment since they couldn’t get any more giants in stock.

I replied stating that it was fine and gave him my Bitcoin address for a refund.

On May 19th 2017, JasonHan replied to my email and stated the following, “I've already put a request for the refund, I personally don't handle this so it's out of my control.. You don't need to worry about a thing.. It will be processed.”

On May 23rd 2017 I still had not received the payment, so I emailed JasonHan again and asked if I could expect a refund within the next 7 days.

On May 24th 2017, JasonHan replied with the following, “Hey, Yes for sure. It should be within 7 days for sure and I apologize for the delay... I'm trying to get this refund processed as soon as I can... Time is money and I totally understand where you're coming from.”

Like I stated above, today is June 1st 2017 and I still have not received the 2 giant miners nor a refund to my BTC or LTC address. I told JasonHan after I did not receive the refund within the 7 day that he promised that I would post a message to the Dash web forum and mention my less than optional purchasing experience with him so other Dash forum members don’t experience the same frustration/delays when trying to purchase a Dash miner from JasonHan.

So as of this posting, like I stated above, I still have not received the 2 giant miners or a refund. I am hoping that this public post and fellow forum members will give JasonHan a “nudge” to either ship me the 2 giants or finally send a refund to my BTC/LTC account.

I will be more than happy to provide screenshots of Dash forum/email correspondence between myself and JasonHan as evidence for my claims in this post. Just send me a DM.

If you know JasonHan or have done business with him in the past, please tell him to make this issue right and either ship me the 2 giant miners or give me a refund. Since sending BTC to JasonHan for the 2 miners, it has already been 30+ days that I have not been able to mine and generate revenue, not to mention the almost 2x in BTC price over the last month.

I will update this post when/if I receive a response from JasonHan and/or finally get my miners or refund.

Thanks.
Jason

Here is a clear example of the fact that if one wants to commit a fraud, he is completely unaware whether he is a new or old member - "trusted"

That completely sucks for you, hopefully it gets solved after all and after all this long waiting time. I think if JasonHan can't get this resolved he can close shop as no one will ever do business with him anymore, like on his website: http://jasonhan.ca/store

I am also a bit annoyed with the bad business practice of many people (especially in china, but also not 100% happy with JasonHan and he guys from Korea that actually ship the miners from there, first time was good enough, then it got shady) and will only use escrow in the future (already done so once via trusted guys at bitcointalk.org and that really helped a ton). Any seller not willing to use escrow is not very serious anyway.

On the other hand, if I had gone the "safe" way I would probably have no miners, so a high risk was involved getting them and except for one case it worked all out (LKTA from the forum here, he outright scammed me, I even got pictures of the miner with my name besides it and it supposedly shipping, addresses, names, emails, everything, but what can you do if someone is an asshole in another country?)

LostInSpace,

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like JasonHan hasn't been logged in for ~7 days to the Dash forum - JasonHan was last seen: 1w 1d ago.

Hoping that when JasonHan checks his email and/or logs into the Dash web forum and reads my post, (I told him I was going to post feedback if I didn't receive a refund in the 7 days he promised, and emailed/DMed him a copy of my post above) he will do the right thing and either ship me 2 giants or refund my money.

Today is Friday June 2nd 2017. Hopefully JasonHan has resolved my issue within the next 7 days and I will post an update in this thread. If not, expect another update from me next Friday with a status update.

If anyone knows/talks to JasonHan, please let him know that I would like my 2 giant miners or a refund ASAP.

Thanks.
Jason

Hey JasonY,

I have to say that I was probably JasonHan's 2nd or 3rd customer. We did a Skype video conf to chat a while and get to know each other. He seemed like an average guy trying to profit from reselling Baikal's Giants using his contact in Korea, which is fine.

The first miner I bought from him was great, no complaints. However, the 2nd time around it was disappointing, because my Giant came defective. The power supply that come from within the ASIC to power the Orange Pi controller wasn't working. It didn't turn the Pi on. Probably it wasn't supplying the right current, as the voltage was fine. In any case, I had to supply the power using the GPIO pins, connected to a USB cable with a 5V @2A adapter pluged to the wall. It works, but it's obviously not what you'd expect for paying $4200... Also, another giant I bought from him had the Orange Pi just plain dead, and no SD cards. I paid ~$40 for extra parts to make it work, which he did refund me after me persistently reminding him.

I still have a Cube I paid him on April 11th, which he hasn't shipped it to me. He said that his partner does some performance tests on all of the ASICs that they buy from Baikal. All of the Cubes (mine included) he received were underperforming (doing 200MH/s instead of the 300MH/s advertised by Baikal), so they sent them back to Baikal. I'm still waiting for my Cube... He tends to blame Baikal, and is reluctant on giving refunds, because he already paid Baikal. However, being a businessman, he should just refund from his own pocket, regardless of what Baikal does. He should be the own taking the risk, not us the customers, because we did business with him, not Baikal.

If I had to guess, he just got way too many customers for this and his attention isn't nearly where it was when he started, which is very frustrating.

I agree with LostInSpace that I took a risk buying from him without an escrow from a trusted 3rd party, but if I hadn't taken it, I'd have no miners right now. I do believe you can still get a refund or your Giants. Just be very persistent in contacting him and reminding him about it, like I am with the Cube he still owes me.

Mrearthbound,

Thanks for your reply. Looks like you are in the same boat as me, except you are waiting for a Cube and I am waiting for two Giants/a refund if he can't get any.

He told me the exact same thing. JasonHan said, "Unfortunately we're having a bit of a delay on the Giants.. the one that was supposed to be shipped out didn't pass our stress test and we're waiting for another one to arrive for your shipment."

From our email correspondence, he seems like a decent enough guy and I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but my patience has been wearing then so thus I decided to post this message to the Dash forum to solicit feedback from other folks and hopefully get this issue resolved.

Glad to know I'm not the only one waiting for a product/refund from JasonHan. Hopefully JasonHan will log into the Dash forum soon and see our postings and that there are at least two folks waiting for products/refunds from him, and get the issues resolved.

Anyone else waiting for a product/refund from JasonHan and care to chime in?

Thanks.
Jason

I think JasonHan sold the wrong - repaired A900 as if they were new.
Asking for such pieces over $ 4,000 is unthinkable.
And those who have unsettled things with JasonHan, I love them.
In my opinion, they lost the btc ...
If he wanted to return the btc or deliver the giant, he would have done it for a long time.
There is no one curious about his excuses.
He had a good idea.
First, you have earned a couple of sales - quality has not always been good -
And then he made a scam.
I'm curious what he'll think of when he's here.
If he still does.

So he was logged in last 4 hours ago but no comment to these allegations. Did the OP receive his goods yet?

Bad form to take payment without having goods in stock. With BTC's recent rise in price the OP has lost out big time

:mad:
man man man ......
i pinged our brothers in china to look into this + ask Bailkal direct if there are any affiliations with them and this jason han character
i report back when i hear something
sorry to hear all this mess :(

Hey, so I was going to do an update tomorrow morning (Fri) but since there's been some postings to this thread recently, I'll post an update now.

Today I did receive a DM from JasonHan saying he will provide a refund and wanted my Bitcoin address.

I replied to him stating that I was concerned that I hadn't heard back from him in awhile, and provided my Bitcoin address.

When/if I receive the refund, I will post an update to this thread.

Appreciate your support/feedback.

Thanks.
Jason

Hi friend,
We feel sorry that what you've been through.
We want to remind all friends again,Baikal don't have any dealers at the moment.In the absence of miners,
We hope all my friends will be careful with the secondhand market and other trading platforms.Avoid being cheated.
This is our official mail box [email protected]. If you have any question,Please contact us
Hope you have nice day!

Hey everyone,

First off, I'd like to take this time to make an apology in not being so active on the updates like how I was before.

I will try my best to clarify this situation so that everyone could be on the same track.

In simple format:

1. First few miners (A900 Giant) were great and had no issues.
2. Orders were processed and people were happy.
3. Continued working on getting more Giants since they were out of stock everywhere.
4. Went through the same stress tests prior to shipping them to my clients.
5. Got complaints about the DOA.
6. 9/10 people's miners were fixed by replacing the orange pi (We suspect that they're just too flimsy...)
7. Warned that it would probably be the last batch of giants (5~7 of them)
8. Last 4~5 Giants that were scheduled to ship had issues.
9. shipped them all back to the seller.
10. I was told that they would diagnose the issues and send us the remaining batch which were paid for.
11. never heard back from them for awhile....
12. my clients started to get frustrated because of the delays.
13. asked me to update them almost every day (from multiple people)
14. All I could tell my clients were that I didn't hear back from them.
15. one by one asked for a refund.
16. Requested a refund from my distributor
17. He has requested a refund from the seller
18. no reply from my distributor for awhile...
19. My partner flew over to South Korea for 6 days and failed to meet the distributor............ VERY frustrating....
20. people started to think that I'm a scammer.
21. Got a reply back from my distributor about the requested refund and will deliver them soon.
22. I'm here.

I am not a scammer guys... I hate to lie and I don't even try. Some are still okay with waiting for the Giants but I decided to do a full refund because of the frustrations I'm getting with this.

Please let me know if anything is unclear and I'll try my best to explain.

Again, I apologize for the mess....

Regards,

-Jason Han

Some are still okay with waiting for the Giants but I decided to do a full refund because of the frustrations I'm getting with this.

-Jason Han

hey jason
tx for the quick reply in pm and in this thread.

i think the idea of a full refund is a great
(save reputation , calm community , evaluate your korean sources and supplier ,...)
please keep us updated further how this develops
t

Hey Jason, do you have any idea or insight why the hashrate goes up so crazy (was stable at about 3-4th for 3 months now, and it has increased to 5-6 2 weeks ago and reached 10-11th/s today)? Giants have not been produced and cubes/quads are sold out since pretty much April, either Baikal is producing them and selling them to farms or some other thing happened? Still not sure it is iBeLink .. but it is all hard to figure out as there are no number available anywhere how many devices have been produced.

Hey Jason, do you have any idea or insight why the hashrate goes up so crazy (was stable at about 3-4th for 3 months now, and it has increased to 5-6 2 weeks ago and reached 10-11th/s today)? Giants have not been produced and cubes/quads are sold out since pretty much April, either Baikal is producing them and selling them to farms or some other thing happened? Still not sure it is iBeLink .. but it is all hard to figure out as there are no number available anywhere how many devices have been produced.

Pretty sure it's iBeLink. They'll be releasing 1000 of the DM11G's in late July and they're probably testing several of them as they manufacture them. That's 11TH/s that they'll be dropping on the network. Do the math on how much are the Baikal miners going to drop.

It's also maybe that today dash price is risen up. A lot of miners that used DGB, MUE, Nicehashe swithced to DASH again.

All this up and down makes no sense, even in my pool I see a bunch of stable guys with massive gh, but overall (many smaller miners probably) it drops to half and goes up again in a few hours, maybe miners are crashing all over the place ^^. Obviously all DGB and maybe some MUE miners that left will probably end up on Dash, but why is it going to 11th/s (for a very short time, overall it was still in the 5-6th/s range for that day) and then back to 3-4th/s like 2 weeks ago. It should even be higher with all the miners leaving DGB (which is almost twice as easy to mine now and has not dropped half its value).

And why would you mine with 1000 iBeLink 10.8gh/s miners and then just turn them off? They would make almost $300k per day, this makes all no sense. Selling them at $5k is just $5MM, which you would make in 12-18 days right now .. nope, still not believing any of this 10.8gh/s bullcrap.

Yeah , ibelink they could mine with all DM11G they just made ,but which means ibelink takes control most of the DASH network = DASH doomed.Think they are not fool/crazy enough to kill himself with all of us.;)

Back