• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

punishments without errors

agent47

Hi all,
I am running a a few masternodes on a linux cloud VM. each one has a virtual network interface with a public IP.
All was working well until I started to get punished and banned. I checked all the possible reasons of the ban checklist, I can't find any errors but they keep getting punished.
Does anybody know what to check? Logs report nothing relevant, I am running v18. Thanks for your help!

Hi all,
I am running a a few masternodes on a linux cloud VM. each one has a virtual network interface with a public IP.
All was working well until I started to get punished and banned. I checked all the possible reasons of the ban checklist, I can't find any errors but they keep getting punished.
Does anybody know what to check? Logs report nothing relevant, I am running v18. Thanks for your help!

Have you updated the Sentinel part of your masternodes to v1.7.1 ?

cd .dashcore/sentinel
git pull

Have you updated your masternodes to v18.0.1 specifically ?
Do you have the recommended (not the minimum) hardware requirements ? See https://docs.dash.org/en/stable/masternodes/understanding.html#masternode-requirements
Do you have some sort of restart command / cronjob active for your masternodes, in case the dashd's of your masternodes crashes ?
Have you setup swap space for your masternodes ?
Are your masternodes on a single VPS server with multiple unique ip addresses, each with their own blockchain ? Or are your masternodes spread over multiple VPS servers ?

I would keep a close eye on the RAM usage of your masternodes if i were you, monitor it for a couple of days / week to see if your masternodes have enough RAM.

Last edited:
Are you behind a NAT? To verify perform the below test.
Code:
telnet <external ip> 9999
# in case telnet is missing.
sudo apt install telnet
expected result you can connect to your external IP, be sure to substitute your actual IP in there.

Also, is your port accessible via the internet?
Code:
curl https://mnowatch.org/9999/
Ideally the word OPEN will appear, anything else would be a problem.

Back