• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

public key (wallet address) that contains your 1,000 Dash

MrGold

I'm sure this is a stupid question but I'm afraid of doing the wrong thing and losing my 1,000 Dash. I'm starting the setup wizard for Node40 to launch a Masternode. On step 1 "Locate Collateral & Select Payment Option" it says

Enter the public key (wallet address) that contains your 1,000 Dash and Node40 will locate your collateral id and index.

Can anyone tell me where, in the Dash Core Wallet (Qt version 5.2.1), I find the public key (wallet address)? Is it the address generated when you Receive payments?
Thanks

On debug console : run "masternode outputs" , this will return TxID and collateral index.

This is what I get from that command:

11:48:26

masternode outputs

11:48:26

{
}

On my Dash-Qt About Dash Core output is says Dash Core version v0.12.0.58 (64-bit)

Yes, it's the receiving address (aka. public key) you sent 1000 Dash to.

I'm still getting stuck. I copied the key from Receive and entered it into the Search Collateral box and it says it can not find the collateral. It says "Check to be sure you are using the correct Public Key"

I'm still getting stuck. I copied the key from Receive and entered it into the Search Collateral box and it says it can not find the collateral. It says "Check to be sure you are using the correct Public Key"

My memory is a bit hazy regarding MN collateral but as far as I remember it simply needs to be a single input of 1000 Dash to qualify, check the address you used to received the 1000 Dash in a block explorer and make sure it's exactly that figure, even 1 duff over and it wont qualify:
https://explorer.dashninja.pl/chain/Dash

My memory is a bit hazy regarding MN collateral but as far as I remember it simply needs to be a single input of 1000 Dash to qualify, check the address you used to received the 1000 Dash in a block explorer and make sure it's exactly that figure, even 1 duff over and it wont qualify:
https://explorer.dashninja.pl/chain/Dash

Sorry but I'm still not getting it. I moved Dash from Poloniex to my Dash-Qt desktop wallet in various smaller quantities until now it has a little more than 1000 Dash. So there is no address which received exactly 1000 Dash. Does this mean I can't get a MN on Node40?

Sorry but I'm still not getting it. I moved Dash from Poloniex to my Dash-Qt desktop wallet in various smaller quantities until now it has a little more than 1000 Dash. So there is no address which received exactly 1000 Dash. Does this mean I can't get a MN on Node40?

You can, you'll have to move it again to have a transaction of exactly 1000 Dash. As far as I know you can simply send 1000 Dash to yourself, go to the "Receive" tab in the wallet and get a new address, then over to "Send" and send exactly 1000 to it, try the "masternode outputs" command again and it should show up as ok.

I just checked that on testnet and it was fine, it shows up in the wallet as 0.00 (ie. not 1000) because you're sending it to yourself but it was recognised ok as masternode collateral. Iirc you also need to wait until the masternode collateral transaction has 15 confirmations before the masternode can be started, ie. about 40 minutes.

You can, you'll have to move it again to have a transaction of exactly 1000 Dash. As far as I know you can simply send 1000 Dash to yourself, go to the "Receive" tab in the wallet and get a new address, then over to "Send" and send exactly 1000 to it, try the "masternode outputs" command again and it should show up as ok.

I just checked that on testnet and it was fine, it shows up in the wallet as 0.00 (ie. not 1000) because you're sending it to yourself but it was recognised ok as masternode collateral. Iirc you also need to wait until the masternode collateral transaction has 15 confirmations before the masternode can be started, ie. about 40 minutes.

I tried that, and it charged me 0.00014072 Dash for a transaction on the Transactions tab that says the address is (n/a). Now the "masternode outputs" command in RPC console returns:

21:06:17

masternode outputs

21:06:17

{
"259cae5191883e04ccd861aadd2663efe026d96ac2bc64d9f876d7ce951aacf1" : "0"
}

Is this the public key (wallet address) Node40 is asking for?

I've never used Node40 but as far as I know the address they're asking for is the one you sent the 1000 Dash to, the one created in the "Receive" tab of the client.

Back