• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: World’s First Dash Only Electronic Music Festival

Hey guys!
Very nice project looks apeling. An excellent way to study the mass adoption of DASH on a real-life event. People can witness first hand the facility of transaction that the dash network has to offer.

I have a few questions that can be helpful.
1.) I was wondering if you have plans to install wifi hot spots. This could be a nice way to aggregate value to the event for the public that may come from other countries and do not have mobile data service, plus it can be another way to facilitate the transaction of dash beside the ones mentioned above.
2.) How are you guys gonna promote the event? since i did not see advertising in the budget, are you thinking about social media?

Good luck, hope it goes through

Hey guys!
Very nice project looks apeling. An excellent way to study the mass adoption of DASH on a real-life event. People can witness first hand the facility of transaction that the dash network has to offer.

I have a few questions that can be helpful.
1.) I was wondering if you have plans to install wifi hot spots. This could be a nice way to aggregate value to the event for the public that may come from other countries and do not have mobile data service, plus it can be another way to facilitate the transaction of dash beside the ones mentioned above.
2.) How are you guys gonna promote the event? since i did not see advertising in the budget, are you thinking about social media?

Good luck, hope it goes through

Thank you for kind words. It would be a honor to see one of the first mini society using Dash for everyday expenses. Great pilot for ordinary festival attendants to get everyday experience using Dash.

To answer your questions
1) Wifi connection. Overall the quality of internet connection in Estonia is in good quality . Either optical cables or 4G, both are part of our everyday life in Estonia. Good thing is that the density of people and technical readiness ratio is one of the best in Europe. All of the local people who have smartphones will have 4G in their phones. We as festival will have our own closed wifi for running all the hardware/software. Wifi for 3000+ quest is one of our targets to reach this year, easisest/wisest form would be partnership with telekom companies who already have the antennas and capabiltiy to do it. Right now we are working the solution with Telia (Biggest Telekom company in Estonia). We will keep everybody informed how our partnership goes and what the result will be with them. Another possibilty is selling internet cards for those who are in need.
2) So far we have had our own marketing budget and that budget we will pay ourselves. We will definately have social media, proper PR campaign with press releases in different radio shows and newspapers/online news portals. 100% Dash will be a part of them and we want advertise everything with fine tase and stylish way. We approach to social media with full respect, creating a content which really moves people. And our social media interaction numbers show that after the first festival we had 1000+ hashtag pictures in Instagaram made by guests. Not pushing our messages too much than rather creating good content and thinking ways to interact people organically. to have a better view what we did last year you can check our FB and Instagram links what we shared in proposal.

Thank you for your good wishes. Hope to see you in Festival !

Hey guys, great proposal! I believe this could give a nice degree of exposure for the DASH network.

On the other hand, I have two questions. First, I was wondering if you have thought about any mechanism that would help you measure the adoption of the DASH payment network amongst the concert attendees after the festival, even outside local commerce.

Besides that, I also wonder about the popularity of cryptos in general in Estonia? Do you have any plans for expansion in the country besides the festival?

Once again, congrats on great proposal!

You definitely count on my support.

Hopes it goes through!

Cheers,

Santos

Thank you for kind words. It would be a honor to see one of the first mini society using Dash for everyday expenses. Great pilot for ordinary festival attendants to get everyday experience using Dash.

To answer your questions
1) Wifi connection. Overall the quality of internet connection in Estonia is in good quality . Either optical cables or 4G, both are part of our everyday life in Estonia. Good thing is that the density of people and technical readiness ratio is one of the best in Europe. All of the local people who have smartphones will have 4G in their phones. We as festival will have our own closed wifi for running all the hardware/software. Wifi for 3000+ quest is one of our targets to reach this year, easisest/wisest form would be partnership with telekom companies who already have the antennas and capabiltiy to do it. Right now we are working the solution with Telia (Biggest Telekom company in Estonia). We will keep everybody informed how our partnership goes and what the result will be with them. Another possibilty is selling internet cards for those who are in need.
2) So far we have had our own marketing budget and that budget we will pay ourselves. We will definately have social media, proper PR campaign with press releases in different radio shows and newspapers/online news portals. 100% Dash will be a part of them and we want advertise everything with fine tase and stylish way. We approach to social media with full respect, creating a content which really moves people. And our social media interaction numbers show that after the first festival we had 1000+ hashtag pictures in Instagaram made by guests. Not pushing our messages too much than rather creating good content and thinking ways to interact people organically. to have a better view what we did last year you can check our FB and Instagram links what we shared in proposal.

Thank you for your good wishes. Hope to see you in Festival !

Thank you very mucho for responding my questions, i can tell how you are prepared to go through with an event like this.

Good luck once again, hope i can se your oficial proposal soon

Hey guys, great proposal! I believe this could give a nice degree of exposure for the DASH network.

On the other hand, I have two questions. First, I was wondering if you have thought about any mechanism that would help you measure the adoption of the DASH payment network amongst the concert attendees after the festival, even outside local commerce.

Besides that, I also wonder about the popularity of cryptos in general in Estonia? Do you have any plans for expansion in the country besides the festival?

Hopes it goes through!

Cheers,

Santos

Hey Santos !

To measure the adoption after the festival would be quite hard to do, because wallets and how Dash is spent afterwards is a personal thing and sensitive information. In Estonia there is Data protection law and merchant cannot share the information publically what the client has trusted to him.

Popularity of cryptos is high in Estonia, because we have strong IT background as a country. We where the first country where all the schools had internet (1997) and our goverment has invested a lot in IT afterwards. Also people are open-minded and friendly. Another plus side is, that we are really small but technologically advanced. Which means fast adoption with new ideas and this also helps also cryptos.

Thank you for the kind words.
We hope that you can witness this with your own eyes in Saaremaa Estonia.

With best

Taavet

Last edited:

Hopes it goes through!

Cheers,

Santos

Hei Santos, thanks for your support and questions!
We asked for a feedback from last years volunteers of the festival and it is possible to gather data from attendees after the festival through a simple anonymous online survey to get feedback on the usage of Dash during and after (adoption) the festival. It easy to do because everyone who buys a ticket online will provide us with their e-mail address which we use for newsletters and such. This would so to say bypass the data protection law and could even be made public if needed.

Cheers!

Hey Santos !

To measure the adoption after the festival would be quite hard to do, because wallets and how Dash is spent afterwards is a personal thing. And even tough our POS system could gather info about who changed Dash back to Fiat and who didnt, it would still be sensitive information. In Estonia there is Data protection law and merchant cannot share the information publically what the client has trusted to him.

Popularity of cryptos is high in Estonia, because we have strong IT background as a country. We where the first country where all the schools had internet (1997) and our goverment has invested a lot in IT afterwards. Also people are open-minded and friendly. Another plus side is, that we are really small but technologically advanced. Which means fast adoption with new ideas and this also helps also cryptos.

Thank you for the kind words.
We hope that you can witness this with your own eyes in Saaremaa Estonia.

With best

Taavet

Thanks for the answer Taveet.

I know this proposal will be a success.

Congratulations from Venezuela!

Hope to see you there one day.

Hei Santos, thanks for your support and questions!
We asked for a feedback from last years volunteers of the festival and it is possible to gather data from attendees after the festival through a simple anonymous online survey to get feedback on the usage of Dash during and after (adoption) the festival. It easy to do because everyone who buys a ticket online will provide us with their e-mail address which we use for newsletters and such. This would so to say bypass the data protection law and could even be made public if needed.

Cheers!

Great way to collect data guys.

Count on my support.

Cheers

Any updates on the festival? Seems the festival is over and I dont see a thread on the Proposal title of the forum. So I really wonder the experience on the wild with the technology and see if its worth replicating it somewhere else.

Hi,

The festival was great and we will let you know the details and statistics when the video is ready.

Update coming next week.

Hi,

The festival was great and we will let you know the details and statistics when the video is ready.

Update coming next week.

One thing I want to know is how the POS and Fresty band worked during the event, since i am helping someone build a music festival in Mexico. This tech could be worth checking it out.

Back