• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: start of an independent Dash development team in Estonia

Would you vote for this proposal?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have you done anything useful for Dash so far? It's easier to ask for money if you can point to past achievements.

Have you done anything useful for Dash so far?

Sure!

Perhaps I was wrong in assuming the context of this proposal would categorize my question correctly.

I meant development efforts, since you're proposing to start developing for Dash and there should be something tangible for us to judge your qualifications as an independent dev team. Otherwise anyone could show up and ask for funding "because decentralization".

Let me be more concrete: Why should the DAO fund your team? What contributions to the Dash network can you point to that would give us confidence that you'd be an efficient and reliable dev team that delivers on the original vision of Dash?

Regarding the references you've listed:

1. Many have done so, including me. Nothing special and should go without saying if you truly believe in this project.
2. With all due respect, these proposals are all abject failures and reflect very badly. They either failed to get funded or delivered nothing of lasting value to the Dash ecosystem.
3. Coinbakery doesn't seem to favor Dash other than literally stating you would copy Dash's codebase and create another coin instead of working with the existing Dash network:
4jeVxYd.jpg

Sure, that's the purpose of that company/website, but how does that help current Dash holders/investors? That reference actually hurts Dash as it diverts potential users and holders away into copycoins enabled, created and facilitated by that organization. Not a good reference at all.

4. This website is just reselling products of other companies at a premium. I don't see how this benefits Dash.

While I can't speak for other MNOs point 3 is a total knockout for me.

Last edited:
Why should the DAO fund your team?
Because we are willing to put our main focus and development power to Dash.

What contributions to the Dash network can you point to that would give us confidence that you'd be an efficient and reliable dev team that delivers on the original vision of Dash?
I don't have such contributions to Dash. But projects I have listed gives a clear message, that I have been in the field and working with topics that help us get a good ground here.

I'm also starting small with few people to start to work and earn the trust. I'm not asking for much at this point.

Nothing special and should go without saying if you truly believe in this project.
Agree. Sorry about misunderstanding your question.

2. With all due respect, these proposals are all abject failures and reflect very badly. They either failed to get funded or delivered nothing of lasting value to the Dash ecosystem.
I agree. But the understanding and interest of our budget proposal system is still there. It wasn't my fault these people failed with their projects.

3. Coinbakery doesn't seem to favor Dash other than literally stating you would copy Dash's codebase and create another coin instead of working with the existing Dash network
That's true. It's a good way to start to know a codebase by creating your own copy.

Sure, that's the purpose of that company/website, but how does that help current Dash holders/investors? That reference actually hurts Dash as it diverts potential users and holders away into copycoins enabled, created and facilitated by that organization. Not a good reference at all.
The result we have from this project is competent software developers knowing the Dash codebase. That's the resource I would like to use with the proposal.

4. This website is just reselling products of other companies at a premium. I don't see how this benefits Dash.
We had to shut down the original system because of strong blockage from local banks. Now they're just selling the leftover hardware.
at a premium
By the way, the Ledger Nano S is below net price ;)

While I can't speak for other MNOs point 3 is a total knockout for me.
Why is favoring Dash for technology a deal breaker for you?

Last edited:
I'm not asking for much at this point.
The amount is irrelevant. The position of becoming an additional Dash dev team is the significant part that prompted my attention. The Dash community defers to "the devs" when it comes to developmental decisions. That has quite an impact.
Since the focus of your efforts seems to be a smartcard offline payment solution why not focus on that project directly, labeling this proposal as such and build a reputation within the community through that? The label dev team carries a lot of trust and must be earned.

It wasn't my fault these people failed with their projects.
Correct. Then why use them as references to promote this proposal? They're not helping, quite the opposite.

Why is favoring Dash for technology a deal breaker for you?
That's not what I said. It is a dealbreaker to me because that company actively works against the spread of Dash through its business model of copying its codebase. I have no issue with people copying Dash's opensource codebase and launching their own projects, but I see no reason to financially support that practice essentially funding our competition. Indirectly as it may be.

We had to shut down the original system
Couldn't have known that until you explained it. Ok, so how did that company benefit Dash before the shutdown?

Since the focus of your efforts seems to be a smartcard offline payment solution why not focus on that project directly, labeling this proposal as such and build a reputation within the community through that? The label dev team carries a lot of trust and must be earned.
The focus is a more diverse and better development of Dash. The offline smartcard is just a good starting project.

I came with Bitcoin since 2010 and I had no idea it can go so wrong.
In Dash @eduffield talked about multiple teams competing with each other, we had Dash Labs, etc.
Now we have almost all development budget going through one budget proposal, our development is centralized.
I think we need to diversify the development. For years I dreamed about more independently funded development teams working on Dash.
I was waiting for someone to start those. Did not happen for years.
Now I am in a perfect situation to start one.

We could just start with that smart card project, but we are much more efficient when we can think in longer terms and start a useful DApp as a sideproject for example.
If this doesn't get funded this cycle, then maybe I'll try the smartcard project.

Correct. Then why use them as references to promote this proposal? They're not helping, quite the opposite.
Just because I want to show that I'm involved with Dash for some time.

That's not what I said. It is a dealbreaker to me because that company actively works against the spread of Dash through its business model of copying its codebase. I have no issue with people copying Dash's opensource codebase and launching their own projects, but I see no reason to financially support that practice essentially funding our competition. Indirectly as it may be.
The CoinBakery project has ended. Right now we have people with knowledge about Dash. What's the problem about supporting those people to work for Dash?

Ok, so how did that company benefit Dash before the shutdown?
We couldn't launch the main product because of banks. But we were very close to make a good volume for Dash in connected exchanges and rise a lot of awareness about Dash in Estonia.

Last edited:
Back