• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

PROPOSAL: Should We Continue the Maxed-Out Campaigns?

amanda_b_johnson

Hi, masternode owners.

As you may know, this week has marked the first campaign in our most recently passed treasury proposal, which provides four weeks’ worth of social media-based market outreach. It requested 79 Dash in labor and 67 Dash for paid incentives.

The first week’s campaign – #FirstDashWallet – has already garnered 700+ participants (plus their 700+ friends) in its first 5 days. This much-larger-than-expected turnout means that as of today, we’ve already paid out our whole month’s worth of incentives: 67 Dash, and then some.

There are still 2 days left for #FirstDashWallet entries, and they’re coming in faster, not slower, over time. We may well end up with 1,500+ posts, making for 3,000+ human participants.

The labor of making and documenting these payouts is currently 8-10 man hours per day, 7 days per week, as we are doing fraud checks on and accounting for every entry (we’ll make our spreadsheet available for your viewing when the campaign is complete). This is many more work hours than we budgeted for, and it might still grow.

To determine how we go forward, our question to you is:

If we complete the #FirstDashWallet campaign payouts through their deadline (Tuesday the 13th), as well as execute our remaining three social media campaigns (likely with easier tasks, at a payout rate lower than $20 per), would you be willing to vote “yes” to reimburse our continued payout costs, plus some additional labor cost?

Thank you for your time, and for entrusting us to grow your investment.

Sounds like a good idea that should be hold further in time, unless there are other things that you think it can top that.

To vote yes manually:
gobject vote-many 82cbb7cbe65386473f9d70625d58d899b696c416654540587595bc3b83f29a16 funding yes

or no:
gobject vote-many 82cbb7cbe65386473f9d70625d58d899b696c416654540587595bc3b83f29a16 funding no

Thanks!

hi amanda ,

this is a wonderful idea , however we need to execute this on a massive scale , not through manual process as the later would take forever

here are some thoughts

once you download the app you will you have a referral link that can be shared with your buddies to download the app , once they download it and verify their phone number etc they get like $5 worth of dash to spend on.

this way people will refer 100s of others and we can easily get 10s of 1000s of people easily

i can give exact logic if you feel this sounds interesting

and this can be the killer marketing that dash is just waiting , all the rest are too early for dash right now

Last edited:
I suspect Amanda and Pete did it this way to more or less eliminate scammers. An automated process would be riskier with regards to scammers. If someone can come up with an automated system that is 10 or 50 times faster, than cannot be scammed or gamed, I'm sure Amanda and Pete would love to know about it.

Wit regards to Amanda's proposal, yes, no question.

This also presents another opportunity. Dashdisciple and the new treasury tracking/accountability team have a proposal going for better vetting and accountability of proposals. They just offered to help Amanda B. Johnson with this new very successful viral marketing campaign.

Let's assure Amanda B. Johnson that we will pay double or triple the labor costs, and she can work/coordinate with Dashdisciple and the Treasury team and give us some feedback from first hand experience.

AND, let's expand (or promise to expand) the reward money 5-10x on top of the additional labor cost.

I suspect Amanda and Pete did it this way to more or less eliminate scammers. An automated process would be riskier with regards to scammers. If someone can come up with an automated system that is 10 or 50 times faster, than cannot be scammed or gamed, I'm sure Amanda and Pete would love to know about it.

Wit regards to Amanda's proposal, yes, no question.

This also presents another opportunity. Dashdisciple and the new treasury tracking/accountability team have a proposal going for better vetting and accountability of proposals. They just offered to help Amanda B. Johnson with this new very successful viral marketing campaign.

Let's assure Amanda B. Johnson that we will pay double or triple the labor costs, and she can work/coordinate with Dashdisciple and the Treasury team and give us some feedback from first hand experience.

AND, let's expand (or promise to expand) the reward money 5-10x on top of the additional labor cost.

Yes, I have assigned a tech support manager from one of my fiat-based businesses to this task. Amanda has provided a detailed briefing of the task, and he is ready to go. If it expands outside of a single full-time job, I can pull additional tech support labor together under him with a day's notice.

I am providing this labor free of charge, and will not ask for reimbursement from the treasury fund, because I believe this is the simple, viral, effective marketing campaign that Dash needs right now. It is simple, yet it demonstrates to the crypto world the power of our treasury fund, as well as bringing users and support from all over the world - creating microcommunities of friends and families that will have the chance to use Dash as it was intended - as digital money.

I have talked to my programmers, as well, and they believe they can make it "10-50" times more scalable as you said through automating some of the processes.

Fraud prevention, however, will remain mostly a manual process.

This is a beautiful and potentially game-changing promotion for Dash because it absorbs Dash's surplus funds in a simple, focused, and effective way. It's low risk, high potential rewards - and with some slight modifications can be tracked and optimized.

(Amanda and Pete probably have not slept since the promotion started. It's inspiring to see this.)

Hi guys

coming to fraud prevention i have a simple strategy here, it all depends on what the reward is rather

if you are giving $10 per download you can ask users to provide their address and we can send them a password to use to unlock this $10 etc

however we need to think long and hard on what type of audience we should target

i believe targeting U.S and other developed countries is not very effective as most people are pretty happy with current financial systems and there will be lot of inertia to move to any thing else.

we should ideally target places which have capital controls like India and south africa and where the financial landscape is not very developed.

the good thing about is India in particular is this. India has the world's toughest SIM card issuing policies , meaning its almost impossible for someone to get too many SIM cards and it ensures strong identity verification. so say we give $5 per download and $5 per referral once you simply verify you OTP, you can spread the thing like wildfire

same applies for other developing countries where getting SIM cards is tough.

Today the biggest markets for crypto are China, Japan , South Korea and India ( where there is a 10% mark-up) , we should be targeting these instead.

Hi guys

coming to fraud prevention i have a simple strategy here, it all depends on what the reward is rather

if you are giving $10 per download you can ask users to provide their address and we can send them a password to use to unlock this $10 etc

however we need to think long and hard on what type of audience we should target

i believe targeting U.S and other developed countries is not very effective as most people are pretty happy with current financial systems and there will be lot of inertia to move to any thing else.

we should ideally target places which have capital controls like India and south africa and where the financial landscape is not very developed.

the good thing about is India in particular is this. India has the world's toughest SIM card issuing policies , meaning its almost impossible for someone to get too many SIM cards and it ensures strong identity verification. so say we give $5 per download and $5 per referral once you simply verify you OTP, you can spread the thing like wildfire

same applies for other developing countries where getting SIM cards is tough.

Today the biggest markets for crypto are China, Japan , South Korea and India ( where there is a 10% mark-up) , we should be targeting these instead.

Very good points, DashMaximalist.

Yesterday, I spent time working with Amanda, Pete, and a tech support worker I've assigned to help them. If Amanda is approved for additional funding, I've offered up a pro-bono programmer to build some API tools that Amanda and Pete can use to make things more scalable.

Using geo-location tools that Twitter provides, along with some other factors, we determined that the majority of the interest lies in the types of countries you're describing. While there is a healthy smattering of US/UK/South Korea users, there are many from countries with capital control issues: Venezuela, China, India. There are also lots of other middle GDP per capita countries users' signing on such as Poland, Portugal, Brazil. We believe that $10 is a meaningful sum to these people, and they will start to use Dash as it was intended, as digital money. This opportunity may not exist in the same way in the US, as you suggested.

Fraud rates are currently low, and Amanda/Pete have been implementing a very thorough process to nearly eliminate them altogether. There are some more automated processes we think we can implement in concert with fraud-detection labor only.

Would love to hear any other more specific thoughts you have on this issue. Feel free to PM. Thanks.

I am so thrilled that we are both on the same page, i have been pushing for this for quite some time , unfortunately no one paid any attention.

I can be personally involved in this exercise to make sure we get most bang for the buck, I have a ton of experience in running online marketing campaigns so i can surely help out in that.

coming to fraud, we can have various strategies to prevent like 99.99% of it using simple things like a combination of SMS-OTP and facial recognition and limiting no of friends you can refer to say 100 and say if you want to refer more people you should have a formal agreement with us ( say a business wants to do this )

The other killer and required features is this dash merchant map right on the APP, and some work to onboard merchants on ground. So i can get my $10 money and spend it on a nearby coffee shop.

This combination will increase the dash reach exponentially along with its price obviously :)

I am so thrilled that we are both on the same page, i have been pushing for this for quite some time , unfortunately no one paid any attention.

I can be personally involved in this exercise to make sure we get most bang for the buck, I have a ton of experience in running online marketing campaigns so i can surely help out in that.

coming to fraud, we can have various strategies to prevent like 99.99% of it using simple things like a combination of SMS-OTP and facial recognition and limiting no of friends you can refer to say 100 and say if you want to refer more people you should have a formal agreement with us ( say a business wants to do this )

The other killer and required features is this dash merchant map right on the APP, and some work to onboard merchants on ground. So i can get my $10 money and spend it on a nearby coffee shop.

This combination will increase the dash reach exponentially along with its price obviously :)
Perfect. I agree with everything you've said.

If this does get big enough, which I believe it could and should, implementing what you've said will make it even more successful. I think this campaign has the potential to put Dash in every newspaper in the world, with wonderful diverse photos of happy new Dash money users all along the way. Once the ball got rolling, I think Dash could blast straight to the top.

Please, if you can, monitor Amanda's Twitter feed with a search for #FirstDashWallet. As you get ideas on unique cases, please PM me with suggestions. Also available for a phone call, anytime. We have labor to scale, but it's always best to hear from additional people like yourself with experience in running these types of campaigns in other settings.

I run a company called Maptags ( http://maptags.in/maptags - a smart address platform ) in India and have a lot of on-ground experience in interacting with local businesses.
should things go well, we can offer dash payments as an additional feature on our app along with partnerships with various merchants on the ground

feel free to ping me on skype: krishnayogik

Cheers

Hi Amanda the campaign was extraordinary, I think the participation was great, I managed to see a lot of faces and backgrounds clearly from other countries, this time I think Dash is beyond any culture or language barrier I'm sure maybe in the future thinking about a camping like this in different language's will be also a huge success, also incentivizing people to share their nationalities will create a healthy competition among users just by having their faces and their flags out there attached to Dash brand is a huge compliment and achievement.

Back